It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Base Movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
If your like me, you don't really believe everything NASA has told us, and since you may not, you may let your imagination run wild from time to time, well a new movie based about operations on the moon is coming out, and its stirring up quite a buzz, its already won awards at the 2009 SXSW Film Festival, 2009 Sundance Film Festival 2009, and the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival.

Duncan Jones and Sam Rockwells new Movie Moon takes place in the near future.
Sam Bell (main character) is working for a company called Lunar Ind, his job is running a facility (operated by robots) that mines for (what i expect to be helium 3) a clean fuel source the earth uses to produce a large portion of is power and such.

The movie takes quite a sci fi twist when a motion alarm goes off just outside of the mine's main operation area, Sam takes a drive out to see what it is, low an behold he finds an injured man in a space suit, this is very very odd because Sam has been COMPLETELY ALONE on the moon for 3 years.

After taking him back to the main courtiers he removes the mans helmet to see a man who looks exactly like him, exactly.

That's pretty much where the preview ends, i for one can't wait to see it, the implications are endless, is the guy an alien? a delusion?

You can click the link above to see a low quality (quick loading) preview of the movie, or click this one to see a HD Preview

Mod's i placed this in the general conspiracy board, because i feel like the subject of a base on the moon and potential alien tie in made it worthy of this section, however your judgment is better then mine, please feel free to move it to which ever board you feel is appropriate if this one isn't.

[edit on 7/14/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Looks an interesting movie. Looking forward to seeing this.
Thanks for the heads up on this movie.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm going to see this film in a few hours. Has anyone seen it yet? Looks good, and it's been well received by the critics [for whatever that's worth].

Without spoiling, does anyone have any clues on what to look for in the movie?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Sounds like a great premise. I'm looking forward to this one. Maybe today even.

PEACE

[edit on 2-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have also heard that the director is the son of David Bowie. Pretty interesting that the son is an artist of some caliber also.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just returned from seeing 'The Moon.' It was a smart film, and both actor and director did fine work.

Not much in the way of overt ATS-worthy stuff, save for the fundamental plot twist. So as not to spoil, I'll solely recommend that you go and see it.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

I too saw the movie with my wife (an avid Sci-Fi buff). We both really liked it. I'm more given to Sci-Fi that is realistic in nature. Moon meets this test. The twist is different and a bit surprising. Watch for the mention of Helium-3 at the first of the movie. I want to se it again...a real plus in my book.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This movie looks pretty cool. Guess I'll go see it this weekend. Why is it rated R? I have a 7 year old daughter and we usually take her to see movies with us, but not usually anything past pg13. We dont like leaving her with baby sitters... But I'm a sci fi freak and must see this! Has anyone whos seen it tell me why its R without spoiling the plot? Is it just some f words or is there tons of sex and violence? Basically what I'm asking is it way to innapropriate for a kid? I'm assuming it is...

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The rating was based on profanity, for starters. Not TOO much of it, but enough F bombs to restrict admission age. There's a couple of shots of intimacy between a husband and his wife, but [if I'm not mistaken] no nudity. Furthermore, there's some violence.

Very good film, all in all.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The rating was based on profanity, for starters. Not TOO much of it, but enough F bombs to restrict admission age. There's a couple of shots of intimacy between a husband and his wife, but [if I'm not mistaken] no nudity. Furthermore, there's some violence.

Very good film, all in all.

Nice. Well probably just take her to it, shes a little sci fi fan too, some people may call us bad parents for this, but shes already seen stuff like alien and bladerunner and stuff and none of that effected her negatively. I cant imagine anything in this being worst than either of those. I saw those type movies when I was a child too and all it did was make me love sci fi and make me creative.

I can't wait to see it!

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

join