It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's teleprompter breaks in mid-speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No big deal but it is sort of funny.

Obama's teleprompter breaks

President Barack Obama had just started a spirited defense of his economic stimulus plan on Monday when one of his teleprompter screens came loose, crashed to the floor and shattered into pieces.

Good thing he had a spare teleprompter or the speech would have been cancelled due to technical difficulties.

Did it break from being overused?

I'm curious since I cannot watch the video until I get home if Obama was looking to one side during the entire speech.

I don't have video access here at work, but I believe this is the video:

[edit on 7/14/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have to say that he handled it pretty well. I bet he makes it mandatory to always have a backup teleprompter though for any future speeches.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Oh thank god he had another teleprompter. Obama would be lost without someone else telling him what to say.

It is true, the guy will screw up just as bad as Bush did if he doesn't have his trusty teleprompter handy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It is true, the guy will screw up just as bad as Bush did if he doesn't have his trusty teleprompter handy.

I'm not sure about that.
I think Bush did worse when he was forced to read from the teleprompter. Bush did well when he was shooting from the hip without the teleprompter.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Agreed bush did do better in the beginning of his admin but they slowly ruined him worse than he was already.

Sad really, when will we have a real president again?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Sad really, when will we have a real president again?

Hopefully at the next Presidential election cycle but I'm not holding my breath. I sure hope that Obama does NOT get a second term because that would drive the nail into America's coffin. However, I currently don't see a real Presidential candidate from any party.
There are a few possible hopefulls but nothing is set in stone as of yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Shame it was not a mirror, so he could have 7 years bad luck, lol.

Nice story.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I find it funny that Obama and we both know that the telepromper tells him what to say and when to say it and yet when it breaks he tries to act like the PROMPER falling on the ground has nothing at all to do with his speech.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by whatukno

I'm not sure about that.
I think Bush did worse when he was forced to read from the teleprompter. Bush did well when he was shooting from the hip without the teleprompter.

Alcohol makes some people more relaxed in front of others.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How is this thread-worthy?

Have the guidelines been relaxed in this forum?

Oh I get it...Breaking as in Teleprompter and Political as in he is POTUS.
But news?

I think he handled it with aplomb. I'll bet he is also a great shoe dodger.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

join