It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope = Anti-christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It could be a theory that many have accepted, but I've only found a mention of htis at

www.ministryofdreams.freeservers.com...

anyone else with explanations on this?

or is this guy just looney. after all, the greatest dtrick the devil pulled was to make us think that he never existed.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
SoCal,
I've read this guy's stuff. I think "is this guy just looney" fits best. His theology is way off the wall.

The second greatest trick was to teach us lies in God's name.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The pope can't even talk.

No but seriously you need to have the person to be Jewish.

The pope is not jewish. The anti-christ MUST be Jewish. It can't be him

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
lol another thread claimed king georgey is the devil.

hahaha, wow this is getting funny. seriously what i tihnk is to just stay out of politics.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the anti-christ has to be BORN Jewish.

so theoretically the next pope could have been born into a Jewish family, but then converted to catholocism, and then they would fulfill that requirement.

now try to find the cardinals that come from the areas the antichrist will come from, and then find out if anyone of them is Jewish.

and BTW Zuzubar, your jab at the pope not being able to talk wasn't amusing at all. let's see you lead a million catholics and be at the end stages of parkinsons disease, and then maybe you can make jokes.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Don't know about the site and material mentioned, expecially since the pictures at the bottom of the sites page did not come up for me, but the theory of what or whom is equatable to '666' is and has been of speculation for over 2000 years.

Try this for example:
The Pope, who is the reported Vicar of Christ on earth, wears a three tiered crown, better known as a tiara. Each tier is inscribed:
The top crown is labeled: Vicarius
The middle crown is labeled: Filii
The lower crown is labeled: Dei

Saying "Vicarius Filii Dei". This is not only the Pope's title but also equates to, using Roman numerals, to 666.

V = 5
I = 1
C = 100
A = 0
R = 0
I = 1
U = 5
S = 0
totaling 112

F = 0
I = 1
L = 50
I = 1
I = 1
totaling 53

D = 500
E = 0
I = 1
totaling 501
666 and the Titles of the Pope
The Number 666

Adding them up, you get what?

IMHO, the 'anti-christ' theory is bonkers.
It was being proclaimed back then and is still today being claimed and shouted. See a pattern yet?

seekerof

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
In my opinion, those crazy math numbers can work for anyone so that's the last resort to take to figure out who the anti-christ may be.

The anti christ will have power. The anti christ will deceive.

When you look at the Pope, he certaintly has power over the largest sect of Christianity. He also has the political influence in all of Europe.

So the Pope is the obvious choice for the anti-christ because he is the biggest religious figure and religious leader in the world. He also has the political influence, he can ban any law in the United States from Rome.

He's my #1 choice for the antichrist.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socalbmx
Pope=Anti-Christ?

I apologize for breaking the one-word post rule, but: Riiiiight...

Listen, there's a thing called Apostolic Succession within the Catholic Chuch. This meaning every annointing of a pope can be traced back through the succesion of popes, all the way to Jesus Christ himself.

Essentially, you're saying that the Anti-Christ has been (or if it is a future pope, will be) annointed by Jesus...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think we all gathered a long time that I'm the anti-christ keep up! Find my post in predictions then you'll know the truth

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Mikomi]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Revelation was written for a specific time and that time has long gone. As stated many times before, everyone believed back then that they were living in the Endtimes. The antiChrist would have been a figure pertinent to politics and society of that era.

If he ever existed, he's been and gone. Personally, I reckon he was added to the Bible to threaten everyone into being good little Christians though.

So far we've had dozens of figures on ATS flagged as the AntiChrist - from Bush and the Pope, to Prince William and John Kerry. I reckon Mikomi has got as good a claim to the title as anyone.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Leveller]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The Pope isnt able to talk clearly or think clearly.
His just a Icon of the church, and i dont think he holds any real power whatsoever. I never understood why they always vote for a almost ready to pass Pope (maybe easier to controll) rather than a younger Pope with still a couple braincells left.
The Real Power is hold by the Cardinals i believe. The Pope itself only holds Power over the public masses, but in Vatican State and all assests of the Vatican arnt hold by him.

I sure wished to make a visit to the Document and storage rooms of the vatican.. im sure there could be found alot of interessting things

Wolve

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
TextText BlueThis is my first post and i would just like to post my opinion.
The Pope cant be the antichrist because doesnt he have to be Jewish and he isnt really a "political" leader. Sadly i think that the Vatican may be holding a lot of secrets that maybe we as the world may not be ready to know. Kudos to Illmatic cause anyone can try to make the truth fit their own perspective
P.S. I'm really looking forward to being part of this community DENY IGNORANCE

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
The pope can't even talk.

No but seriously you need to have the person to be Jewish.

The pope is not jewish. The anti-christ MUST be Jewish. It can't be him

As I have said before, this points straight to Cardinal Lustiger ...

So, with all that said, I'd like to take a look at one who may be the next Pope, the Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger. He fits many of the assumptions that Bible scholars believe the False Prophet will have. He's Jewish and has a magnetic personality. Many Jews, Catholics and unbelievers admire him. He fills the Notre Dame Cathedral when he says Mass and as Professor Colin Netteleck said, "when he walks through the crowd it is a sight to behold." The article I read calls him; "One of the world's most influential and charismatic intellectuals." And what really got me was the quote about Jesus; "I'm sorry Jesus Christ did not have a good public relations office because maybe he wouldn't have had the bad problem of being crucified." Bad problem of being crucified? And this guy could be the next Pope?
www.888webtoday.com...

top topics

join