It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Emergency Alert Hate Bill Going Forward In Senate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
When questioned regarding this legislation, Attorney General Holder was basicallt nonresponsive and could not or would not answer simple questions.

Moreover, he balked at the equality of covered groups under this bill.

Totally arbitrary, proven to be not needed with the laws in place already covering these types of crimes, and pretty much just another example of glorified nonsense.

Watch this testimony to Senate inquiry
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
you will be entitled to have
nooo rights.
how can you complain.............after all, you americans voted for these nazi rulers to make your rules & laws..................what on earth did you expect

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TornMind

rense.com

It's NOW OR NEVER to save free speech for ourselves and our children! We need to back down the Democrats now from even proposing the hate bill amendment on Wednesday. Call toll-free 1-877-851-6437 or toll 1-202-225-3121 (names available at Truthtellers.org on the Action Page).
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'm skeptical when the only link you provide contains no text from the bill at all. If the language is as inappropriate as you claim, I suggest you let it speak for itself by actually providing the text of the bill rather than a vague rant that merely references it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Hopefully, they will be able to go into churches and arrest those hate spewing preachers that are inciting attacks on innocent LGBT people. Might be able to disban these pits of vipers also based on the hate they preach.

At face value, your comment seems genuine, so I'll proceed from there.

As much as I hate h a t e religious dogma preached from the pulpits, spewed from the airwaves, regurgitated from the mouths of vile horrible people. It must be remembered they are only words. But because of people like you who would condone taping people's mouths shut when you don't want to listen to their garbage, well, honestly, that opens the door for your mouth to be shut too when someone doesn't like what *you* say. (or think, or believe or or or )The cops not only come for your enemies, they also come for you when you speak your mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of nonsense which and has happened in the UK so that the people who were born and live in that country are no longer citizens of that country but further subjects and can no longer keep thier customs and traditions but must pay for the influx of legal and illegal immigrants to the point where they are second and third class citizens in thier own country while millions show up on their doorsteps on the government dole.

All this simply so that those in power can cultivate the votes of more immigrants to keep and maintain power.

Some have said ..that the world can never be like the USA...the USA has to much potential. Therefore the USA must be made to be like the rest of the world. ....A third , fourth, or further down the line nation.

This is how the plans are to make it happen. The abuses of this system on the citizens of the UK is being kept out of the news media by control and design.

This is the world class template for bringing down a nation and molding it into a third, fourth, or further down the line world class nation.

THis is excellence....wise men...gnostic intelligences at work.

Furthermore ..in the end..in the long run...the only one who can discriminate will be government. Government is already doing this to the public without the public being all that aware of it. This is also what the Colour of Law does to people...verses just Law.

You people should be aware of this whenever someone mentions Colour of Law...it is a watch word for nonsene like this. It has nothing to do with law. What is the matter with just plain olde law??

Rule of law is another similar watch word..for this kind of nonsense...what is the matter with just plain olde enforcing the law??

Think about it,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I for one will fight to the death to defend my freedom to say whatever i please.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I love how you guys needed to switch from S.909 to HR 1966 to try to prove how evil S.909 is.

Such a sad display of ignorance.

Repeatedly asked to show all us who doubt the claims made in this thread the ACTUAL language from S909 which is such a threat to us all, all we have seen is distractions and accusations.

It is MHO that those of you on here who are moved by the original article linked int he OP:

By Rev. Ted Pike

are nothing more than (potentially the unwitting) tools of the fringe and fanatical religious movement of the USA. Until one of you can show with clarity the threat posed by this bill in its own language your accusations and hysteria are nothing more than laughable.

to make it easy I will even post the piece of this amendment you should be paying attention to:

SEC. 7. PROHIBITION OF CERTAIN HATE CRIME ACTS.

(a) In General- Chapter 13 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘Sec. 249. Hate crime acts

‘(a) In General-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(1) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, a dangerous weapon, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin of any person--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(A) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with this title, or both; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(B) shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined in accordance with this title, or both, if--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(i) death results from the offense; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(ii) the offense includes kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(2) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR DISABILITY-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(A) IN GENERAL- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, in any circumstance described in subparagraph (B) or paragraph (3), willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, a dangerous weapon, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability of any person--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(i) shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years, fined in accordance with this title, or both; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(ii) shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined in accordance with this title, or both, if--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(I) death results from the offense; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(II) the offense includes kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(B) CIRCUMSTANCES DESCRIBED- For purposes of subparagraph (A), the circumstances described in this subparagraph are that--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(i) the conduct described in subparagraph (A) occurs during the course of, or as the result of, the travel of the defendant or the victim--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(I) across a State line or national border; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(II) using a channel, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(ii) the defendant uses a channel, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in connection with the conduct described in subparagraph (A);CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(iii) in connection with the conduct described in subparagraph (A), the defendant employs a firearm, dangerous weapon, explosive or incendiary device, or other weapon that has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(iv) the conduct described in subparagraph (A)--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(I) interferes with commercial or other economic activity in which the victim is engaged at the time of the conduct; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(II) otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(3) OFFENSES OCCURRING IN THE SPECIAL MARITIME OR TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION OF THE UNITED STATES- Whoever, within the special maritime or territorial jurisdiction of the United States, commits an offense described in paragraph (1) or (2) shall be subject to the same penalties as prescribed in those paragraphs.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(b) Certification Requirement-CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(1) IN GENERAL- No prosecution of any offense described in this subsection may be undertaken by the United States, except under the certification in writing of the Attorney General, or his designee, that--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(A) the State does not have jurisdiction;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(B) the State has requested that the Federal Government assume jurisdiction;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(C) the verdict or sentence obtained pursuant to State charges left demonstratively unvindicated the Federal interest in eradicating bias-motivated violence; orCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(D) a prosecution by the United States is in the public interest and necessary to secure substantial justice.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(2) RULE OF CONSTRUCTION- Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to limit the authority of Federal officers, or a Federal grand jury, to investigate possible violations of this section.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(c) Definitions- In this section--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(1) the term ‘bodily injury’ has the meaning given such term in section 1365(h)(4) of this title, but does not include solely emotional or psychological harm to the victim;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(2) the term ‘explosive or incendiary device’ has the meaning given such term in section 232 of this title;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(3) the term ‘firearm’ has the meaning given such term in section 921(a) of this title; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘(4) the term ‘gender identity’ for the purposes of this chapter means actual or perceived gender-related characteristics.’.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

(b) Technical and Conforming Amendment- The analysis for chapter 13 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

‘249. Hate crime acts.’.

Link to Amendment

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I agree that there is more fear mongering here than anything. But we should just let them have their way. I think possibly there is a group of people in congress who try to pass these laws into congress to gain attention and hype, even if they don't think the bill will ever pass. Then of course there is the religious aspect, which becomes a breeding ground fear mongering evangelists.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
if you believe what is on rense and that say that god will take care of it. Wrong this is headed for the end times if you are religious. Remember nation against nation brother against brother and so. rumors of war. hhmm sounds close to me. Also people are lairs and fear mongers so why do you all jump at stuff like this. there is nothing that you can do. Try seriously the government is bought and paid for. If you have money you might make a difference but i doubt it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Such a sad display of ignorance.

Agredd, the panic over this bill, which only adds potential penalties to acts which are already violent crimes, is absurd.

Your "freedom of speech" is threatened because you can't beat up people because of their race, religion or sexuality now?

Give me a break

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Get your second ammendments ready and fully loaded and head to washington. Time to play "Pop the 'hot air' balloon/head" with the trait... err.... I mean "politicians"

P.S. Yes, I am saying it's time to arrest these traitors, or kill them, whichever gets us our constitution back. We're not dealing with leaders here. Leaders look out for their people's well-being, we're dealing with CROOKS who simply wriggled themselves into positions of power that were never rightfully theirs in the first place.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Why do we need "extra" laws for hate crimes? Do we not already have laws againt violence and murder and destruction of property, etc.? So, you get an "extra" penalty if you beat up a non-caucasian?

Let me get this straight, if somehow you were able to beat me up, since I'm white you may spend a night in jail. But if you beat up my black neighbor or my Mexican neighbor you'll get a whole lot more because it's hate?

Wow, that's fair. I guess as usual with the current powers that be, we're trying to make up for the sins of our ancestors by making some people more equal than others.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
Why do we need "extra" laws for hate crimes? Do we not already have laws againt violence and murder and destruction of property, etc.? So, you get an "extra" penalty if you beat up a non-caucasian?

Let me get this straight, if somehow you were able to beat me up, since I'm white you may spend a night in jail. But if you beat up my black neighbor or my Mexican neighbor you'll get a whole lot more because it's hate?

Wow, that's fair. I guess as usual with the current powers that be, we're trying to make up for the sins of our ancestors by making some people more equal than others.

I always found the word "hate crime" to be incredibly funny and stupid! Aren't all crimes done out of some form of hate in the first place? It makes no sense! I mean honestly, does a white man beating a black man somehow make it more "hateful" than if that same white man was beating up another white man?

"Well Mr. Question, there is such a thing as prejudice" and I say NO DUH! But since when is prejudice exclusive to simply race matters? One can say I'm prejudiced because I hate our current govt. that's a form of prejudice and it has NOTHING to do with race or even religion. I think the words racism, prejudice and hate crime are all simply nothing more than straw man arguments that the idiot democrats love to use in order to protect themselves from people questioning their actions.

So you know, no, I'm not prejudiced or bigot, I hate and criticize ALL STUPID people equally, no matter what race or religion you belong to. If you're mexican and stupid, I'm going to point it out to you, same as if you're black, asian or whatever.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What I want to know is have ANY of you actually read the text of this bill. I see alot of bad info in this thread right now and it comes from ignorance of the facts.
Just because some bible thumper tell you something is bad does not make it so.
I would advise all of you to at least read some of the text of the bill before you even begin to comment on it. How can you form an educated opinion if you have not read a single word of the bill. Do not perpetuate ignorance.
You can read the whole thing here-thomas.loc.gov...:s1390:
Just read Animals' contribution to this thread, and I concur 100%.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by johnnyflip]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

So you are proposing that we capture and kill our Senators and Congressmen? Seriously? And actually WE VOTED FOR THEM!! Remember?

[edit on 14-7-2009 by johnnyflip]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
While I still have half the chance to do so legally, I just want to take this opportunity to say I hates humons! Yup, I hates them all with a passion. And, it doesn't matter what race, creed, religion, culture, nationality you are either, I hates them all. And, I think all humons should be kicked off planet Earth, for ALL the nasty things they do to her. THERE, I said it .. while it's still legal.
Now, I wonder how they are going to monitor my thoughts, because no dang bill is going to change my attitude towards all you homo sapiens.

Gees, there's just no end to all of these new laws, is there. A person has to almost spend a couple years of their life just trying to inform themselves and stay abreast with all these ridiculous laws. What ever happened to just having the 10 (or was it 15?) commandments?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
All hate speech/crime legislation is just politicians trying to appear to care about someone.

Most crime is biased in some way and we already have laws and punishments for those crimes.

If you're a mugger, aren't you going to choose a victim you think you can take easily. Maybe someone smaller than you or an old person? Isn't that biased? You chose your victim based on their small stature or weak appearance.

Besides the fact that the hate legislation can easily be abused in favor of certain protected classes, it can also be(and you can bet it WILL) used to silence critics.

You're white and don't like Obama, be very careful what you say.

You're white and get into a fight that has nothing to do with race but 'a witness' says you said something derogatory... too bad, you're screwed.

Don't like the policies of Israel.. god forbid you use the word 'jew'.

I'm all for non discrimination until it starts to get stupid. I used to work as a real estate agent. Didn't like it and quit...anyway, the law was that if someone came to me and expressed a desire to live near people of a certain race, I was not allowed to tell them where those areas were because it was considered discrimination.
For example... Some guy is moving to NY (yeah I live in NYC) from India and calls expressing a desire to find an apartment in an area where many Indians live. He feels it would be better to ease his transition to life in America to be around people whose culture he is familiar with.

If I told him, yeah this part of Queens has a high concentration of Indians and showed him an apartment I could potentially be sued for discrimination. The reasoning was that I was discriminating against people in other areas, even though the client expressed a desire to live among a certain demographic.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyflip

What I want to know is have ANY of you actually read the text of this bill.

From the responses I am reading, nobody here has actually read it or has any idea what it actually does.

Apparently increasing penalties for violent crimes is a terrible threat to free speech

"Deny Ignorance" is our motto here - not "Embrace Ignorance"

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Thank you. I agree with everything you have said. We have always had more potent penalities for "hate crimes", which includes attacking people due to their race, sexual preference or religious beliefs, or.....what's listed in the bill. It seems now to cover as "hate crime" a person's country of origin.

I can't imagine why.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Free speech is one thing, hate speech is another. The bill is fine with me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join