It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fake UFO. Learn from this.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
I had not seen this video before and at first take I was "pretty cool". However I have learned to take a healthy does of skepticism with any posted proof. Don't get me wrong I am a believer but hoaxers like to prey on belief for their various motives.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

That's not how it goes... It's "fool me once, shame on.. shame on you.. Fool me.. Uhh you can't get fooled again!"

Still, there is a reason why the thread on this clip had less than 10 posts to it and was never on the front page.

That's a good sign for ATS. youtube can keep it's glory.. lol

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've seen plenty of UFO videos, and a couple of UFOs myself. This video in particular looks very fake. You must know very little about UFOs to even be fooled by this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hahahhahaha, no one would fall for this. No one with half a brain anyhow. That looks worse than the special effects in Turkish Starwars.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

Ha, reminds me of when I'd take a soup can lid, throw it up and snap and fake UFO photos as a kid, its amazing how simple hoaxing can be and yet how convincing, like these kids, using a simple light trick and then having their video go viral and be hailed as proof. Honestly anyone who can deceive this many people should be an illusionist for a living...

just goes to show you that anyone will believe just about anything thanks to the flaws of human sense perception...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Been trying to get a styrofoam triangle to fly but wind keeps blowing it around. If could solve problem, scale up and add some lights it would make a great video to mess with the gullible. Bet Lucus could make some good gun camera footage chasing a triangle ship to leak to the net.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
i know how this sounds , but it looked like what it was to me, the movement at the end didnt look right, maybe its hindsight, maybe its not, but i always take these with a pinch of salt, i am a believer

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
That is so obviously a flashlight though. The movements of the object at the end.. The fact that there are no noises from outside.. The fact that the kids voice is actually echoing.

Why anyone would claim this to be real I have no idea. The fakery is pretty obvious...

But this video is also pretty inconsistent with alot of other mind-blowing videos out there which can be proven with close analysis that they don't involve anything reflected or CGI of any kind. Even some of the best CGI examples of UFO's out there are pretty obvious hoaxes. As technology and software becomes better, it might become harder later on to separate real from fake. But even right now with today's fast computers and amazing software.. You can still generally tell the difference. Also, people doing the CGI will usually make mistakes that become evident in the end-result video.

Computers explain some of the videos floating around out there. They don't even begin to explain some of the better-documented UFO cases out there. Especially those reported and witnessed by multiple people, pilots, military personnel, etc.. that have no possible earthly explanation. There are many examples. There is also the physical evidence to consider (the little that does exist), the abduction phenomenon, and the amazing videos out there that people have nothing to gain from. Videos taken by people who are actually willing to come forward instead of remaining some anonymous ghost because they realize what they saw is what they saw and they have nothing to lose by openly sharing their experiences with the world. Anything involving anonymous individuals unwilling to come forward is always pretty suspect IMO.

UFO cases involving pilots are usually some of the best-documented cases out there because they sometimes involve air traffic control picking up the unknown radar signatures, evidence in the form of the conversations between the pilots and ATC, evidence in the form of witness testimony of anyone on-board that also witnessed the object, pilots of other aircraft that might have seen the thing (there are a few great examples of this), and pilots are also unlikely to have anything to gain from coming forward about seeing UFO's.. They have alot to lose in fact. And there have been many pilots grounded and/or fired by their employers for even publicly mentioning their UFO sightings. There have also been a few NASA astronauts and employees come forward claiming that UFO's are real. And there are actually official NASA radio communications involving mention of words like "UFO" and "Alien spacecraft". Not to mention objects instantly appearing and disappearing as captured by ultraviolet cameras.

All I'm saying.. There is alot more to the UFO phenomenon than a bunch of idiots making lame hoaxes.

There is alot of pretty compelling, pretty mind-blowing evidence out there. And alot of the most interesting evidence is not even documented in photo or video form. People just, for some reason, consciously require seeing these photos and videos on the internet to come to either come to some kind of conclusion or to substantiate their already-existing biases or beliefs. And alot of times that is probably the dumbest thing you can do. Especially with all the charlatans, hoaxes, and all the people on youtube saying what is real and what isn't when most of them have no idea in the first place.

IMO, If someone is going to go online looking for "evidence" of UFO's, what they're really likely to do is reinforce their already-existing beliefs and biases.

-ChriS

[edit on 15-7-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Don't take things so seriously! They are just children causing mischief, there is no harm in that.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Swanseagirl

I don't even think they were causing mischief - at the time, granted it got onto youtube and taken far too seriously, but agreed very much - just kids entertaining themselves. I was impressed by their reaction when they found that other parties had co-opted it, added voiceovers etc and stolen their glory "Dad, it's the internet" - very level headed response.

At the age of ten I would've been doing similar stuff, what's the difference between this and kids putting on puppet plays - other than the tech involved?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

What i find extremely amusing is the fact that people who don't want to believe any evidence of the UFO phenomenon actually think a hoax like this debunks the whole UFO phenomenon... A phenomenon which has been recorded for several millenia throughout the history of mankind.

Not only that, but such people dismiss, and totally disregard the sightings and experiences of our own astronauts, as well as military personnel, and other people who have seen these flying alien aircraft.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by It should be compulsory reading upon membership!

Why?

As an example of a father exploiting you kids with book sales in mind that have a religious over tone?

Mark Obmascik is a Denver writer and author of a new book, "Halfway to Heaven" (Free Press, 2009). He can be reached via markobmascik.com.

Bottom of page you linked

Yup just what we need start them young so no one will know whats real or not. But if any one thought that was real, we really are in serious trouble

No flag on this... sorry

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
But if any one thought that was real, we really are in serious trouble

That's what I thought upon wasting my time clicking the link in the thread dedicated to said video. Here, Here!!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That does not look real to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
People have been indoctrinated by the entertainment industry and the media to expect good clear pictures or video to expect as proof of U.F.O.s. Anyone who has taken a picture or a video and has been disappointed by the results will know what I'm talking about. Its hard to keep your hand steady without the use of a good tripod and only a good tripod will allow a steady left or right pan to follow something in motion. Keeping that in mind think about how many people have actually been in a situation where they had that equipment in place to catch anything unusual and have good results. Night time shooting is even worse. If its slightly windy, cold or drizzling you are going to shake more. My point is that the fakers are going to be obvious with a little thought. The problem is the more attention they receive the less attention will be paid to people who are honest and did manage to be in a flukie situation and capture some creditable footage. That's where the detractors love to jump in and say its too shaky or out of focus or whatever they want to say as criticism to prove it can't be the real thing. They don't want to mention that they may have had the experience that I previously mentioned and took a bad shot themselves. The industry can make pictures and films of what you would expect to see because they already implanted that idea in everyones imagination. If you ever saw the real thing personally you would admit that that video or film can't do justice to the real thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Why do we give attention here at ATS to even the most obviously fake drivel, or to things which cannot be proven whatsoever. ( I'm looking at you, self proclaimed aliens and reptilians )"

Dear Toby and ATS members,
You will need to get beyond your need for proof if you are going to grow and evolve into who you truly are. Remember that scientists can only prove something that fits within the measuring capabities of their technology at the time.
I am a 'self-proclaimed' Hybrid, and reptilian as well, as you mentioned.
It is not necessary to prove anything, just believe or don't. USE YOUR DECERNMENT AT ALL TIMES.
Sincerely,
Jujuolui

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just because UFOs are easy to fake, doesn't mean all of them ARE fake, ya know?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

exactly, you can't hold malice towards children just because they fooled you, it's pathetic, and to use it as leverage to dismiss the idea of extra terrestrials is even worse, how anyone can be ignorant enough to assume we are the only intelligent being in the universe is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
[edit on 16-7-2009 by Swanseagirl]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Guys lighten up plz
Remember these kids were 10 and 4 years old lol
if they can fool people with that video then you realy got to get a grip on what you belive
Me? Im a skeptic and love to look at ufo vids and pictures and see if i can spot "the join"
Its like a game and I belive that 99% of these are fake
The 1% ?
Who knows

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by Swanseagirl

I don't even think they were causing mischief - at the time, granted it got onto youtube and taken far too seriously, but agreed very much - just kids entertaining themselves. I was impressed by their reaction when they found that other parties had co-opted it, added voiceovers etc and stolen their glory "Dad, it's the internet" - very level headed response.

At the age of ten I would've been doing similar stuff, what's the difference between this and kids putting on puppet plays - other than the tech involved?

How are you so sure that the original story is indeed the "real" story? To be completely honest, I don't really even think it was the kids' idea to create the hoax originally; I think it was the parents' idea, and they purposely notified the media to draw attention to their kid's "movie-making abilities" in order to get them noticed by some Hollywood agent.

A few things that led me to this conclusion:

1) The Denver post article says that the older boy was holding the camera and that the younger 4 year old was holding the LED light, but if this were true, then who was the adult-sounding person in the background at 0:08 saying "take a picture?" That couldn't have possibly been the voice of a 4 year old if the main kid who was filming was really 10; it sounded like their mom.

2) If they really created it by reflecting an LED light off the kitchen window, then how did they get the object to curve so crisply as it ascended off into the clouds? Is that even possible with the method they used? To me it seems more like a half-assed CGI attempt, and I don't know of many kids who know how to work CGI.

3) This quote from the article: "My little 4-year-old and 10-year-old hoaxsters were thrilled. Adults from around the world were paying attention to them! They went to bed that night with dreams of Hollywood in their heads."

You can never be too sure though, and I can very well be completely wrong, but the story kind of crumbles apart when analyzed closely. I think there's much more than meets the eye here and we're not just dealing with curious little hoaxers who decided to make a fun little video one afternoon; we're most likely dealing with egotistical parents who want to propel their kids into a career in Hollywood.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join