It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Site Recreates Apollo 11 Mission In Real Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Web Site Recreates Apollo 11 Mission In Real Time

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is nearing the launch date of their new interactive website designed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first moon landing, inspired by President Kennedy’s grand vision that made the achievement possible.

WeChooseTheMoon.org, (www.wechoosethemoon.org...), will go live on July 16, 2009 at 8:02 a.m. and will take off at 9:32 a.m. – exactly 40 years to the minute after the historic launch. The site, powered by AOL, will recreate Apollo 11’s lunar mission, minute by minute, with an interactive experience that lets visitors experience the mission as it happened, using archival audio, video, photos and “real-time” transmissions on the site and via Twitter.

Source

This could be interesting.

Some of the most revealing and riveting parts of the Apollo 11 journey are the conversations between the spacecraft and Houston, Houston back to the spacecraft and transmissions between Columbia and “Eagle” after they separate to descend to the lunar surface. Follow them all:

Apollo 11 to Houston = AP11_Spacecraft
Houston to Apollo 11= AP11_Capcom
Eagle to Houston & Columbia = AP11_Eagle

I wonder if everything will be included … even the parts that were supposedly censored (like the "music" on the far side of the moon).

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

Well i tried loading it and it just freezes and does nothing after it loads. It would seem it is not working for me. OOps sorry just saw july 16 it goes live sorry.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Oh my God -- this must be the BEST website. Ever.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
For those (like me) who would like to follow along with the conversations, you can download the complete Mission Transcripts: Apollo 11 in pdf format.

new topics

top topics

join