It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

astral travelling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ok, so I'm lazy! and don't want to take the time to read a book about the subject but really want to learn (really quickly LOL) how to astral travel

I'm thinking I could do it in my sleep? would that be right? I don't want to have to meditate as I just can't do that-

When I'm just about to go to sleep alot of times Ill wake with a jolt and think I'm about to fall off the bed..which on waking realise I'm not even close to falling off......my own understanding of this is maybe my 'spirit' goes out then freaks out and quickly jumps back in causing me to wake up

I'm the worlds worst sleeper waking on average every two hours...and up until recently never remembered my dreams as I smoked pot all the time- on giving up I remember my dreams and seem to dream all freaking night! and want to be able to direct myself where to go- I think I lucid dream, in that I'm aware I'm in a dream and when things get tough (nightmares) I can will myself out of the dream and can wake myself up

How can I teach myself how to leave my body and be aware of it and direct myself to some place interesting?

edit to add my manners! TIA to anyone who can help

edit again to add I see another thread on this subject..and should maybe mention I used to get that sleep paralysis thing all the time when I was younger but dont have it anymore

[edit on 13-7-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Ok, so I'm lazy! and don't want to take the time to read a book about the subject but really want to learn (really quickly LOL) how to astral travel

I'm thinking I could do it in my sleep? would that be right? I don't want to have to meditate as I just can't do that-

When I'm just about to go to sleep alot of times Ill wake with a jolt and think I'm about to fall off the bed..which on waking realise I'm not even close to falling off......my own understanding of this is maybe my 'spirit' goes out then freaks out and quickly jumps back in causing me to wake up

I'm the worlds worst sleep waking on average every two hours...and up until recently never remembered my dreams as I smoked pot all the time- on giving up I dream all freaking night! and want to be able to direct myself where to go- I think I lucid dream, in that I'm aware I'm in a dream and when things get tough (nightmares) I can will myself out of the dream and can wake myself up

How can I teach myself how to leave my body and be aware of it and direct myself to some place interesting?

I remember very clearly when I was 5, and had my tonsils out they gave me to much gas. I remember hearing a strange buzzing sound and then looking down at my body from mabey 12 feet above me. Which was odd because the room my mom told me had only an 8 or 9 foot ceiling. She said I must have been dreaming. I know you don't dream when in a drug induced sleep. I then saw what I called a a "striped tornado" with the "maw" arcing to me. It was a tunnel, but to a 5 year old from the midwest it looked like a tornado, Then I woke up and was sick as a dog for two days. I remember this like it happend yesterday, and I'm 48 years old.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In the other thread peeps are mentioning books LOL

Seriously with a few tips I can work this out I'm sure-

Do I need to just think about travelling before I go to sleep? can I somehow direct myself to dream certain things? by thinking about them before I sleep?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Crazy Arbiture

I remember a dream about aliens I had some 25 years ago like it was yesterday- some things just stay with us

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Crazy Arbiture

I remember a dream about aliens I had some 25 years ago like it was yesterday- some things just stay with us

When you wake up after dreaming, do you know you were just dreaming?
Sure you do. Dreams have a certain "flavor" that gives you no doubt you were dreaming. This was not a dream in the conventional sense. Can I prove it? No. I just know what I felt.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
well I don't remember if I knew I was dreaming- I just remember that dream more than any other dream Ive ever had

Im in Australia, and the dream was in America as I clearly remember the White House, pretty wierd as at the time I never even thought about aliens or America, lol

But I get what you're saying and apologise for going off track, was mainly 'just saying' and agreeing with you that some things stay with us over time

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My sig there is a podcast guide I made, its a very easy and effective method that works for me. Having tried many methods myself I realized it was easiest to keep it simple and do it my way.

The best book is your own experience and the more you realize what you're doing. You go into it with no preconcieved expectations and no complications. It helps to keep your intentions simple and to the point "I want to wake up 2 hours earlier"... all us humans can do this just fine I believe, the mental alarm, so it shows how your intentions and subconscious work even while sleeping... as you wake up a bit earlier, the idea is waking up earlier you might still be tired enough to fall right back to sleep... as you go back to sleep put the intention in your mind "I have sleep paralysis"..and if you can, imagine what it was like when you had it, and intend to recreate that experience.

Intending to get sleep paralysis is a good indirect way. From sleep paralysis you can astral project, as I find just intending to astral project is a bit tricky for me, as its like skipping a process. If I'm lucky I'll wake up in a lucid dream..usually from a lucid dream I automatically intend to astral project which brings me back from my body.. lucid dreaming is good, theres more freedom in some respects but I like the astral projection experience.. I feel they are very similar but have their own unique experience.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
After further reading your post I definately recommend you try my podcast or something similar, sounds exactly what I was thinking when I started... didn't want any fancy methods...just thought to myself "can't I just do this from sleeping"..

Podcast link

try it!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
From sleep paralysis you can astral project,

omfg you just fully reminded me

though not sure how I forgot LOL

when I got the sleep paralyis I was a teenager and thought I was being attacked by some kind of evil spirit!- 'it' used to come mostly when I was in bed (I took to the lounge for months! too scared to go into my room LOL) and 'it' would get me and it was like 'they' were getting my mattress and making me go up off the mattress and back down..maybe say 2 feet off the mattress...one night 'it' got me and threw me off my bed and at the wall and I bounced off and fell into the bin in the corner of my room LOL- # a brick I didnt realise I was astral travelling!!!!

I will watch your podcast for sure!- but you saying 'intending to get sleep paralysis is a good way' freaks me out! coz I remember being REALLY scared ...LOL...no wonder I forgot! like I would feel pinned down and would try to scream...couldnt...also would make feel REALLY out of it like when you smoke one too many cones and spin out....

[edit on 14-7-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
hey sorry Caveman- thanks! you were really helpful!

so what is sleep paralysis?

I will google anyway and or as well

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

ha yeah man, been there.. the first couple experiences can be terrifying especially when you resist the process, and yeah seeing #$%#.

I used to see stuff all the time as a kid in what I believe to be an astral state. Parents insist on trying to condition you that you saw nothing at all but damn dude, if it was nothing why was I scared to sleep in my room even up until the age of 18! (after thoroughly letting the memories come back to me).

But yeah.. so the first time I projected I went to try and wake up my room-mate if I could, i was in his room and as I got closer he turned into this like demonic looking thing, freaked me right out, next thing I know I was battling sleep paralysis for 3 hours and it was freaky.

The 2nd occurence was neat, I could see like a ghostly image of myself floating out of my body and as I did I could see these 2 motionless little creatures and I got a little scared and as I drifted back to my body or some reference of that, they became more invisible, it was like phasing. I've probably projected 30 times since I learned and every time is always unique and makes me think.

The 2nd time however I eventually went through with it by turning my . to the side, as to ignore what might be there in my mind or otherwise.

As well after an attempted projection, waking up and being excited, falling back to sleep I was able to easily do another my 2nd time.

Once you start, you can stop whenever you want once you learn how.. if you have one projection, you can keep it going for hours as you keep getting knocked back to your body. I think of myself as a traveling light or forcefield that is very sensitive and when something blocks the signal I gotta shoot out "project" myself again, its also easier after the initial "separation". (well in my experience anyway, I can't speak for everybody.)

I find the scary wierd stuff doesn't happen anymore but if it does its usually while in sleep paralysis where I feel more defenseless and cornered, once you are projecting and flying, its a different mindset then you are used to. I feel rather brave but also reckless and childish. A tendency to act on impulse.

I need a thorough lesson in astral ethics, if they matter.

What i'm trying to say, the fear will pass with experience, we fear what we don't understand naturally, so the fear will gradually pass the more you project, i'm sure of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I don't pretend to have THE answer, but I have my own interpretations, call it temporary belief structures that I don't let solidify in my mind but I work with them none the less.

I feel sleep paralysis is a separation of levels of consciousness. You can dream from that state, sort of shifting around and its like full power and lucidity to your imagination, or you can project into the same or different world or whatever it is, many call it the astral but I don't assume to have full knowledge of other..dimensions!.. or something of that nature. I look at all movement itself as concept, the experience of location.. how do we experience our physical world anyway.. i mean REALLY? I look at projecting as just that, like projecting force field, your astral body or something, like a different way of experiencing what could be the same "place" as dreams etc.

I have projected from a fully awake state before and its a trippy experience to say the least, considering I had my eyes open and then suddenly my world that looked the same I was able to fly off my bed and through the wall.

You know that ringing in your ears that has somehow has been termed "tinnitus" as a dissorder? When waking up if you tune in on that sound, make it louder and really focus on it, I find that leads to sleep paralysis if I'm lucky..in fact I find that tinnitus sound we hear throughout our day to be a lower volume of pretty much exactly what I hear in sleep paralysis (noticeably different each time).

So you know all these things give clues to the nature of sleep paralysis... as you go into sleep paralysis, the ringing in your ears gets louder, your body more numb, a sublte shift in mind, perhaps some bodily vibrations etc..

As member RobertPaulsim said, I like his idea, that beliefs can serve as vehicles. That's pretty much what they are to me, something to work with but not to get too attached to, so we can stay open minded... but the current "vehicle" I'm working with is that we have some sort of consciousness and it locks into the physical realm, the physical body, and when we sleep it goes elsewhere because it doesn't need to rest. We wake up and experience a loss of time perhaps because we can't interpret or translate to our physical counter-part what our experience was half the time, that is why dream journals are useful.

Do I feel we have a soul? Yes something like that.. call it a working pattern that I don't feel we're bound to, and I feel it can kind of shift around as it pleases. I look at the synchroncities of life, meditation experiences and "other" experiences and it appears to me that life is like a movie and I keep getting more hints at the script.. its like a dream to me and just in that sense, I think what goes on when we sleep, "dream" or otherwise is no less real.

Glad you find that little bit useful, I should be in bed myself but perhaps I needed to do something if you catch my drift, lol... no and its not ego "oh i am so helpful".. its observing how co-incidentally *%^$^ keeps lining up, kind of like tarot cards, they make me laugh how I always get a very detailed reading... its all a dream to me man, all a dream.

So have fun with it, learn, grow, evolve, etc.

edit: too tired i'm skipping words.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by CavemanDD]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
lol crazy Caveman .....I'll take your word for it that it gets less scary! I wonder why the sleep paralysis went away...I only ever got that being thrown feeling that one time over say a 2 month period..the paralysis side of it happened for a while then just didnt happen..I'm 40 now...it's been nearly 20 years since all that happened...still, I'm a tormented soul in my sleep even now, lol

I'm going to go read up on sleep paralysis and watch your podcast, I will come back here and let you know how I went- thanks again!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
your ego's fine, you were helpful lol- sleep well

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yeah I see the sleep paralysis as something that's generally not supposed to happen, sort of like interupting the sleep process or becomming aware of it as well.

I've read there is a link between sleep paralysis with stress and fear, makes sense to me.. not being able to rest easy, going from sleep to awake and sometimes caught in the middle.

Anyways, take it easy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
stress and fear hey- far out I'm always stressed and scared of somethin' lol- makes sense to me too....crazy.. I'm actually fearful of sleep LOL and you should see me coming out of an aenesetic I come out screaming LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
hey Caveman

so I've had a crash course in all things sleep paralysis/lucid dreaming/astral projection and your posts today make more sense then yesterday!-

about to watch your podcasts

- I think I get it now, how to get to sleep paralysis shouldn't be too hard! am pretty worried how you said first time you got stuck there for 3 hours!!
- does the wiggling your toe work??? what if I can't wiggle it?!!?
I see deep/change breathing works there too? but the big toe seems to be the fool proof way?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I do not know about astral travel, but as far as being able to decide what you dream about. I have thought about something as I laid in bed and by the time I woke up my dream had been similar to what I was thinking about.

Now weather I was only remembering what I was thinking about is a different story.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
thanks Imnormal, I will try that- think about something before I go to sleep

Caveman, I see you haven't been back here- if you do come back, I'm still interested in the big toe as a way out of sleep paralysis and if you have any other ways you use to get out of it

I couldn't get your podcast to work? not sure why-

I haven't actually tried to do it yet- will try this week when I have more time- though giving it more thought and reading someone elses thread here on the subject, I'm not as confident as I originally was- some peeps try for years with no luck!

thinking more, the up and down bit on the bed was me trying to get out then going back- then I blurted out with absolutely no control and knocked myself out on the wall landing in the bin! I did get out but with no control-

I'm thinking I really do need to work this out as I've got this nagging feeling I'm not here for the longest time and that it might help make the transition easier? anyone else thought that?
like I just know I'm not going to know when I wake up dead and that the ride ain't gonna be that pleasant..

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm gonna try the sleep paralysis thing. I kinda never wanted to try it cause i read about people's scary encounters and how you could feel a "presence" being in the room with you. That just sounds too creepy. xD. But it's all in your . so oh well. I will try it! (maybe)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join