It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator wants to prove Al GORE wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

AUS Senator wants to convince Al Gore he

www.news.com.au

THIS is the chart climate change sceptic Senator Steve Fielding hopes will convince Al Gore that global warming is not real.

Senator Fielding is trying to score a one-on-one meeting with Mr Gore, who is in Australia promoting several environmental causes, to prove to him that climate change sceptics are right.

Senator Fielding has promised to clear his schedule for any chance to meet the former US vice-president and Nobel Prize-winning environmental campaigner. "The ball's in his court," a spokesman for the senator told news.com.au.

The spokesman has said Mr Gore is aware that Sen
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/7/09 by dallas18]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ohh yeah he's back again! Check my profile about other threads relating to this senator. There is a graph on the article which is worth checking. Hopefully more people will question this. I would love to see Al Gore humiliated. Time will tell .. but I doubt Al Gore would bother about this. He knows what he is doing regardless of if its true or not, he is just another puppet

"The Government needs to explain to the Australian people why global temperatures have remained steady over the last 10-15 years despite skyrocketing man made carbon emissions," Senator Fielding said on his website.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm afraid that Al Gore is not going to listen to this gentleman from Australia. Gore's such a dunce that he already ignores the scientific data and requests from scientist here in the U.S. In fact 9,029 with PhDs...

www.petitionproject.org...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If Al Gore was humiliated................ how could we tell?

I admit I wouldn't mind a shift in his androit countenance, however not having to waste trillions of taxpayer dollars and drive up energy costs with Cap & Trade would be a glorious event.

This stuff is really going to cost, America, and that's fine if there's an agreed upon goal with important results. Unmeasurable results are not what the American and global economy right now. IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well I'm sorry Senator, the debate is over ManBearPig told me himself. But this time he had babies so I have to go kill them too. There is no time for debate we must act NOW!!!! RAHHHH!!!!!

Any who, I would love for this to be televised if it was to even happen, because I would love to see Gore have to keep his cool while be presented with those pesky things called facts. I wonder if he would descend into a raving lunatic?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If the senator wants to prove Al Gore wrong all he has to do is use and tell the truth.

But Al won't meet with him. (my prediction)

Al Gore won't talk/meet/discuss with anyone who disagrees with him.

He's the Emperor with no clothes, but he's still feeling the heat!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah i do doubt Al Gore would meet this senator. Although he is in Australia for a couple more days. Hopefully the media will at least question Gore about this as I would be interested to her his argument about it.

It is also interesting reading through the comments on the article, it is good to see a decent amount of people who agree that Climate Change is just a scam, about half of the comments

HERE is the senators web site which has some more information about Climate Change

www.stevefielding.com.au...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
some further relating articles, looks like Gore may speak with him after all

NOBEL prize-winning environmental campaigner Al Gore has agreed to meet Steve Fielding, the climate sceptic senator who holds the key to an emissions trading scheme in Australia.

www.news.com.au...

FAMILY First senator Steve Fielding has urged senators to look closely at the science on climate change before committing the nation to an emissions trading scheme.

In a letter to senators yesterday, Senator Fielding -- who has recently emerged as parliament's most vocal climate change sceptic -- said carbon emissions had "skyrocketed" over the past 15 years, but temperatures had remained steady.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
News Flash-- Al Gore is insane. If you do a bit of research on the gent, you will see that in '92 when he ran for president, he was a reasonable and articulate, middle of the road Democrat. Fast forward and now he is clearly unbalanced. Don't mock the guy. Feel sorry for him. Feel happy that he was not POTUS. Three months in that job and he would have been swinging from an old belt in the Green Room.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
LOL.... You cannot prove him wrong because he doesn't believe it himself!

Al Gore was worth 1 million when he ran against Bush.... now less than 10 years later he is worth 100 million!

And he is poised to make 10x that with the carbon credit scam.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

indeed it is true. what a brilliant deal. Get the Nobel. Get the Oscar. Run around the world with your comb-over getting the hollywood folks greasing the skids for you, getting you all the media attention you could ever want. When you're doing this you push the cap and trade nonsense the entire time.

Now in the background, you are setting up a firm that will have a lock on brokering carbon credits, destined to make you fantastically rich.

He's insane and brilliant.

The other thing that we should all be happy about is that if he was elected, Tipper would be hitting the scales at about 400lbs by the end of his term and we'd be looking at reports about reinforcing the stairs down from Air Force One in the news everyday. I guess that would have been OK, since he is a "save the whale" dude.

Oh well. Better than Kitty Dukakis who was drinking nail polish remover when her husband, the Governor was out mowing his lawn with his push mower.

The choices we've had make me proud to be an American

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
infolurker has it right. gore is predicted to become the first green billionaire. it's about the money. he might have started out wanting to make a difference but when he refused to include actual facts or even science, that went down the tubes.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yeah, It is a scam in every conceivable way, shape or form... I just ran the numbers, and it is just...

Well, Sad.

Global Petroleum usage: 80 Million barrels per day.
www.data360.org...

Crude: 489,545,000,000,000,000 Joules (w/s) per day

So, we know that:

Sunlight:......637,000,274,000,000,000,000 btu per day
Crude:.....................463,999,132,000,000 btu per day

One millionth the total solar radiance.

Lets go to the Carbon now...

Earths atmosphere:..........5,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons
Global Co2 Emissions:.................28,000,000,000 metric tons

To make the atmosphere 1% carbon Dioxide, at PRESENT emission levels, would take 1,785 years.

But then of course, we talk to botanists... and they tell us that plants, under Concentrated Co2 levels, actually take in more Co2, and get LARGER.

www.co2science.org...

The CO2 debate is a false Choice Paradigm, (The Hegelian dialectic)

Where on one side, you have the Fossil fuel industry, wanting to keep making money, despite that the most abundant source of energy on the planet is the sun.

Then you have the other side, attempting to maintain their money making schemes if the public decides that Fossil fuels are dangerous to the planet.

IT is a way to keep making money, and having control despite "WHERE" the public wants to go.

Keep using Gasoline = they keep making money.

Stop using gasoline = Let's Tax Breathing.

Solar powered Tiny Electric cars FTW!

img.skitch.com...

douglawrence.files.wordpress.com...

-Edrick

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Edrick]

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Edrick]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
there is a vote on the article, who is right?

Al Gore 28% (648 votes)
Steve Fielding 71% (1619 votes)

Is it really treason against the planet to express some scepticism about whether this is the right way forward? Is it treason to question throwing huge sums of money at a policy that will do virtually no good in 100 years? Is it unreasonable to point out that the inevitable creation of trade barriers that will ensue from Waxman-Markey could eventually cost the world 10 times more than the damage climate change could ever have wrought?

Today's focus on ineffective and costly climate policies shows poor judgment. But I would never want to shut down discussion about these issues, whether it is with Gore, Hansen, or Krugman.

Everybody involved in this discussion should spend more time building and acknowledging good arguments, and less time telling others what they cannot say. Wanting to shut down the discussion is simply treason against reason.

Al Gore and friends create climate of McCarthyism

top topics

join