It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration Gets New Car Czar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Administration Gets New Car Czar

Bloom, a Harvard Business-trained banker turned United Steelworkers official, will “assume leadership of the Task Force's activities as the government transitions its role away from day-to-day restructuring to monitoring this vital industry and protecting the substantial investment the American taxpayers have made in GM, Chrysler, and GMAC,” Geithner said.
Bloom is expected to take over shortly, according to an administration official, who noted the new car czar had worked with Rattner on the task force for the past few months.

As hard as it is to keep track of all the czars in Washington, we have another.
Ron Bloom, a former union official, is set to take over for 'Car czar' Rattner

After only 5 months and two auto bankruptcies, Rattner is being replace by Bloom.
Although he is not new to the car czar arena, I have some doubts that a former banker and a former union man is a good choice to help the ailing US auto industry.
But, maybe that is part of the plan.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

This Czar business is about to drive me nuts. These Czars essentially have more power than any cabinet secetary post. At least cabinet posts are screened by the senate. These Czars answer only to Emperor Obama.
Where is our recourse? I just finished reading a post on Obama's science Czar. Holden I believe was his name. He co-authored a book that advocates forced abortion and sterilizations. We are dealing with some sick puppies here!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

That they are. They are very sick people. Which could also be a reason why what is going on is going on over in the other thread.

The sickening part about is congress is completely complicit and isn't doing anything to stop it.

Oh yea, imagine that, a banker turned Union leader. Who kuda thunk it?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

new topics

join