It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Levitation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Is it possible? I believe so. Here are a few examples from a simple google search...

The Flying Friar

Wikipedia- Saints & Levitation

Catholic Saints are not the only ones purported to have the ability to levitate...

The Flying Mystics of Tibetan Buddhism

An interesting article on acoustic levitation...

Acoustic Levitation

UFOs anyone?

An interesting website on the subject...
Amazingabilities.com

What does ATS think?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What does this have anything to do with conspiracies? ....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
And also .... 1000's of years and billions of people have come and gone ... and not ONE single verified, documented, substantiated and evidinced case of human levitation.

CASE CLOSED !

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When I was a really young kid (like 2 or 3) I think I levitated although nothing is certain. It is one of the clearest memories I have, but there are also other explanations such as OBE or lucid dreaming, but I would tell people about it and they would either say it was a dream or my imagination and I finally just accepted that, but now that I'm older I don't know what to believe. Of course there is no proof of anything that's the way the world works, but I do believe in having an open mind to things like this even though it is not "normal", what really is anyways?

Also, an odd thing is that I have never had any other dreams of levitation like that, the only flying type dreams I ever have or had is more like jumping really high as if on the moon. This incident if it really was a dream or my imagination was not the same as I just lifted off the ground gently with no push or anything.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have red somewhere a while ago that African shamans can levitate.
If you are interested search that.

Alleged levitation.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by defiler]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

i am not saying that is definitely a hoax but i could think of a few ways too hoax that. A good magician could easily pull that off.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

What does this have anything to do with conspiracies? ....

I dont think it is so much a conspiracy in and of itself, but I think its a piece to the puzzle of many different conspiracies. I think it is part of the spirituality that mainstream religions do a good job of masking. Also, there might be some connection to the art of levitating and some U.F.O.s.

Then there might be different techniques that the U.S. government is utilizing for different black projects.

Does that help?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

There is documentation of it. Within the catholic church, ancient buddhist scripts and other documents and writings discovered.

Why such a rush to write it off? Does it bother you for some reason?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

From what I have gathered though, it takes decades of serious meditation and intention. I don't think it is one of those things that justs happens...but hey, I could be wrong!

I think it would be pretty cool to do though...

I knwo there are tone sof threads about different meditational techniques..Some call it OBE and some call it astro....sometthing..cant remember right now...but I know there is a moderator called skyfloating that put some good stuff out there on this kind of stuff...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

ya, speaking of magicians, ever seen criss angel or david blaine? always thought their whole levitation thing was really cool.

I have no idea whether it was faked or not...seems like a lot to go through with just to fake something like that...but its like why not travel around like that, or shar that kind of knowledge?

my conclusions are always the same...probably trickery of some sort..but still cool to watch.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

And this one

I'm not sure about the shamans though.
I believe that if you condition your mind good enough and have very strong intent you can do amazing things.
That area isn't researched enough to give conclusive statements.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

ya, I have seen that before...so basically the crowds at angels show are all staged..its kinda lame if thats the case

payback is that his believe show at the luxor sucks!..at least that is what everybody in vegas says...
...no one seems to like the poor guy...i say "poor" sarcastically....but his girlfriend is hoooottt!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Another famous example is Daniel Dunglas Home, a nineteenth century spiritualist. He performed many feats of levitation in full light and view of a number of witnesses, including royalty. He was investigated for fraud but none was ever proven.

en.wikipedia.org...

Home's fame grew, fuelled by his feats of levitation. William Crookes claimed to know of more than 50 occasions in which Home levitated "in good light" (gas light) at least five to seven feet above the floor.[47] Homes' feats were recorded by Frank Podmore: "We all saw him rise from the ground slowly to a height of about six inches, remain there for about ten seconds, and then slowly descend."[48]In the following years Home travelled across continental Europe, and always as a guest of wealthy patrons. In Paris, he was summoned to the Tuileries to perform a séance for Napoleon III. Home also performed for Queen Sophia of the Netherlands, who wrote: "I saw him four times...I felt a hand tipping my finger; I saw a heavy golden bell moving alone from one person to another; I saw my handkerchief move alone and return to me with a knot... He himself is a pale, sickly, rather handsome young man but without a look or anything which would either fascinate or frighten you. It is wonderful. I am so glad I have seen it... ."

Home met one of his future closest friends in 1867; the young Lord Adare (later the 4th Earl of Dunraven). Adare was fascinated by Home, and began documenting the seances they held. One of Home's levitations occurred the following year, and in front of three witnesses (Adare, Captain Wynne, and Lord Lindsay) Home was said to have levitated out of the third storey window of one room, and back in through the window of the adjoining room.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

cool, thanks for the post!

wild stuff man...very wild...and did I say cool?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

And to add, thats exactly why I posted what I did, the spirituality side to it.

Im not convinced everyone can accomplish it, but there seems to be an affinity for it within the deeply spiritual and religious faiths.

I think a big time conspiracy is what some of the hidden conclusions some of the major religions have come to about this world. Especially now that science and religion is merging more and more.

Kinda makes you wonder what is in the library vaults in the vatican. probably an answer to some of this levitating stuff!

top topics

join