It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

umm...was this legal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Basement, that's bs. Its wood, not gold. Wood is a necessity for life, to keep your body warm, are you going to punish people for needing it? or for needing water or air?

Machine, that's even more bs. The soldiers may shoot in the air to keep looters away, and they may return fire if they are attacked, but they don't just kill looters.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
ah what do you know other than nothing i know what im talkin bout ask anyone that knows anything

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wow, very informative.

What do i know? this is what I know.

" The Code of Conduct

I am an American fighting in the forces that guard my country and our way of life, I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

Should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies.

I will never forget that I am an American fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America."

And this is supported by the UCMJ.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
yea well who really follows rules in the army anymore anyways how bout torturing prisoners and raping prisoners this was all recent so tell me do you really think all that many soldiers do what they are supposed too. but this video isnt real so it doesnt matter

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If there was any rapes, it seems to have been done by the Iraqi's soldiers. If it is true that an American soldier was filming the rape, then he will be held accountable for this also.

Its true that some soldiers will try to get away with anything, in their minds they can do anything they want, since they are at war. But they will be held accountable for what they did.

You will find, even among civilians, people like these soldiers who want anarchy, and want to be free to do whatever the hell they want, with no consequences for their actions. But that is not so, we are still a government with laws, and anyone committing murder, raping or doing any other hineous acts will be prosecuted, whether or not they are in the military.
BTW doing these things in the military is a lot worse than it is for civilians.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
How the hell do you steal wood?

Someone explain that to me.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
BTW comments like these:

ah what do you know other than nothing i know what im talkin bout ask anyone that knows anything

Only makes people think you are just a kid who has watched Scarface too many times.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well it was legal but not the right thing to do. YOu also gotta see where the troops are commin from. They are sick of this bs. I was talkin to soem GI who drive trucks in Iraq. They are soo sick of people walkin in the middle of the road and tryin to kill them they dont even stop for anyone anymore for fear of their live. LIke all wars the soldiers have alot of stress. Im not just blowing off the issue but that one guy should have never attempted to steal and he would have had his car. Im sure he could have gotten wood if he really wanted to by legal means.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Maybe they got wood from someone elses trees or house. I am not sure since we don't have enough information, but still, that was messed up for the soldiers to have done that.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So?

So what if he got it from someone else's tree. Did that person have a license for that tree?

That's the dumbest thing I've heard. "Caught for stealing wood..."

That's like me calling the police on someone who drank some of the rain that fell on my property.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
atually mauddib i am a kid but ihavent watched scarface too many times and i apologize for making that comment but just because i am kid means nothing read my posts in other threads i am as smart as anyone else here so dont hold anything agaist me

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Quick, while is true that there is a lot of stress in war, still there are some things that soldiers must stand for and against.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
true true but we must remember that sometimes you "gota do what you gota do" to survive but it still does not justify it
frankly we live in a world were we are dammed if we do and dammed if we dont

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll bet if one of us took our car, went to a National Forest, and stole some wood, that no one would shoot our car, then crush it. Nope. We might get away with a warning. If not, we might get a ticket. If not, we might get arrested. They'd take the wood. Maybe impound the car. But we'd get our day in court.

I think the Iraqi should file a claim for the price of a new car.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Im sure he could have gotten wood if he really wanted to by legal means.

IF this guy was needing wood to heat his home he never needed to steal it. From what I understand the USA/UN was/is providing heating fuel, food, clean water, etc.

This man should count himself lucky that he only lost his car. If Saddam or some of these clerics would have decided, he might have lost a hand or his life.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
yeah but they dini trust un or usa or uk
they think we kill them or hurt em or somein
and frankly if they were to ask for stuff then they would look weak and they take face quite seriosly there

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I find it interesting that we can question the validity of the information on just about anything else but when it comes to pictures supporting the idea of how terrible our troops are then they are immediatly taken at face value.

Once all information is in, and the facts can be determined, if any violations of the UCMJ occured then let the Court Marshall set the punishment.

If these tankers were operating under SOP then what they did was LEGAL. That is what we are suppose to be talking about. Now if we want to talk about what is ethical or moral then that should be in another thread.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You're so right, Duke,

legal does not necessarily equal moral.

What is SOP?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This website isn't the most credible, but I don't see how the video would lie.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
It's EbaumsWorld.com, y'all.

Oh no! You did not just type out "y'all"! I don't care if I don't have the authority you are:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join