It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of the Universe and the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

(click to open player in new window)

Verse one of the Genesis account describes the creation of the entire universe. The reason why most people miss this, is that they lack a knowledge of the Hebrew idioms.

"In the Beginning" is rendered from the Hebrew word re# which Moses used has a very specific sense in scripture. In the Bible, the term always refers to an extended yet indeterminate duration of time never a specific moment. It is a block of time which precedes an extended series of time periods. It is a time before time. The term does not refer to a point in time but to a period or duration of time which falls before a series of events.
~Dr. John Sailhamer; Genesis Unbound p.38

In rhetoric, a merism is a figure of speech by which a single thing is referred to by a conventional phrase that enumerates several of its parts, or which lists several synonyms for the same thing.

Merisms... are conspicuous features of Biblical poetry. For example, in Genesis 1:1, when God creates the heavens and the earth (KJV), the two parts combine to indicate that God created the whole universe. Similarly, in Psalm 139, the psalmist declares that God knows my downsitting and mine uprising; indicating that God knows all that he does.

en.wikipedia.org...

The proper way to understand Genesis 1:1 is "In the beginning God created the universe from nothing." This completely compatible with the standard model of the Big Bang Creation Cosmology.

A common misconception is to see Exodus 20:11 as describing the same events of Genesis 1:1
"For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them"

This is an example of where the English heaven and earth is not being used as a Merism in the Hebrew. The universe includes the sea. So we must ask to what does the pronoun "them" in the phrase all that is in "them". The word "them" is rendered from the Hebrew "hoo" , הוּא, is used as a plural 3rd person pronoun. The plural sense is a dead giveaway that this verse does not use the Hebrew merism meaning universe.

Thus Exodus 20:11 means that God made three distinct things in six days: the sky, the land and the seas and that he filled them with all that is in them during the same period. In other words it describes Gods work between Genesis 1:2 through 2:4 in arranging the earth.

I am not claiming that the Bible dates a billions of years creation. I believe I have proven it is intentionally vague. My opinion is that it is a mystery that centers around the relative nature of time from differing points of reference. We know that time is not absolute and different point of reference will observe the same events with different durations. God exists outside of time, our perception of 13.7 billion years is inconsequential to him or his transcendent perspective.

Romans 1:20 tells us that the creation speaks the truth about Gods works. Because God simply has not revealed the age of the universe in scripture, it is irresponsible to make divisive claims that he has. This is why I reject Young Earth models on scriptural grounds alone.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Personally i believe in the Gap theory. I believe that there was a creation before humanity and it was destroyed. I believe the universe is billions of years old and that the creation account in genesis is actually the recreation for mankind.

Keeper

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Also interesting is Gen 1:20 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image... " This on the sixth day.

Gen 2:4 to 2:7

4These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Clearly in Gen 1:11, 1:12 vegitation was brought forth, that was the third day.

If vegitation was not on the earth yet when Adam was created then he was created on or before the third day.

Leaving open the interpretation that god created mankind on the 6th day, Adam and Eve being a prototype on the 3rd day if you will and maybe it was they he was talking to when using Let US, not the Royal WE that I had always assumed.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

I tend to favor the gap theory as well. So do quite a few notable preachers from the past, CH Spurgeon is a major example. I recently rebuked Answer in Genesis on youtube for editing "millions of years" out of his sermons.

CH Spurgeon Calls AIG to Repentance

I quote Pastor Spurgeon:

"We know not how remote the period of the creation of this globe may be-certainly many millions of years before the time of Adam. Our planet has passed through various stages of existence, and different kinds of creatures have lived on its surface, all of which have been fashioned by God."

Spurgeon, C. H. (1998). Vol. 1: Spurgeon's Sermons: Volume 1 (electronic ed.). Logos Library System; Spurgeon's Sermons. Albany, OR: Ages Software.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The First book of Moses, Called Genesis, is Not the original writing, nor is it a translation of the Original.

In fact, these writings were compiled after The time of Ezra.

At the time that the Jews were taken into exile (old testament), The Bones of the Priests and The Scribes were Burnt on the Altars and the Jews taken to Babylon.

So all the Ancient writings, that were in the House of God, at that time were destroyed.

Note the Bones of the Scribes and The Priests were burnt.

Why were the Scribes burnt?

Well, so no one would have the knowledge of the original Zionic Written Language any more.

While the Jews were in Exile, they were re Educated with a new written language that was introduced even though the verbal language remained.

The writings were reconstructed and compiled by the new religious scribes, but not by copying the original text, as they had all been destroyed along with the previous Scribes and Priests.

When the Jews returned to their homeland, the Babylonians offered to help rebuild the "House of God", but they only got as far as the floor being relayed, then the Babylonians left, and the building was not completed.

The reason being that all the records, had been destroyed, including them that had the knowledge !

These people were the Scribes and Priests and they were not around any longer as they had been wiped out by the Babylonians.

So the writings that are known today, are Not of the originals and the true knowledge behind the writings, is no longer reliable or for that matter understood !

The description in Genesis, is Not what you may believe it to be, in present day understanding, Not even in Jewish terms.

There are Two entities mentioned in Genesis.

1. A'Dam. That is A' Dam & Eve

2. Man. That is Man & Woman.

These Entities are Not the One and The Same...

But have been deliberately mixed, by the Scribes, Pharisees and Religious Hierarchy and Religious Scholars etc.

A' Dam is the Flesh...

And Man is the Name given to The Soul.

The Life of A'Dam, is the Breath of Air.

The Life of Man or The Soul, is The Light of Man or The Life of God and Not the Breath of Air.!

It was Man that was Created in the Image of God.

A'Dam was Not in the Image of God, as God is Not a Human form !

Humankind has adopted or Stolen the title of Man !

as for the description of the beginning of the Universe...

The story was Not just about the Universe and The Earth but Also, what these two Exist IN...

The Days mentioned, are Not the Days of the Earth !

But the Days of that, which the Universe and The Earth were IN.

An Earth Day is from "Morning to Evening" and Not Evening to Morning as Mentioned...

So the Day they are talking about is in fact a period that has nothing at all to do with the universe or Earth.

In Genesis Chapter 4
Verse 17

And Cain knew his wife;
and she conceived,
and bare Enoch;
and he built a city,
and called the name of the city
after the name of his son,
Enoch.

Hmmm...

A'Dam.... Cain first then Abel.

Cain fathered Enoch... and Cain built a City ???

Cains Son Enoch was Not the E'Noch that was the Seventh from Adam.

So Why build a city for a few people perhaps 6 ???

The word City can Not possibly refer to a City as we know it...

I would suggest there is a translation problem.

But then of Course are we reading from the King James Version or what Version of the writings are we reading from and why these Versions ???

And just how many different Versions do you think there are ???

Just bear in mind who controls what is written, translated or Compiled !

Yes it is the Hierarchy !

All the denominations, have their Roots in the Roman Church, which in fact, was part of the Roman Government, under the Control, of the Roman Government.

They even created the new Greek Language which is called The New Testament Greek.

You can't find the Truth in the bible by reading it !

You can only find verification of it !

It is humankind, that made a religion out of knowledge, they believed to have understood, but did Not understand at all.

the Son of Man is Not Human or even look like any of the descendants of A' Dam

Jesus was the word Made Flesh !

It is Rubbish to claim that the bible is the Word of God !

The WORD existed before any Human Writing, and is a Component of God.

The Other Component of God, is Life ( Awareness or Consciousness ). NOT a Biological Form, but as is written, the Life of God is The Light of Man, Not A' Dam !

The Word that LIGHT was translated from in Greek was from the word Phos, meaning Sun Light as in "The Sun of Righteousness" or any other Light that radiates.

Phos in Greek never meant Understanding, or anything else, other than Light from the Sun, or Star or other luminous body !

Hence "The Day Star" and "The Bright and Early Morning Star", as Quoted in The Revelation, which is actually the Sun and Not Venus as many are led to believe, today.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Good one. S&F for that post. I believe there are a lot of clues out there that can support your post.
I think i have one: If you read about the THE COUNCIL OF LAODICEA IN PHRYGIA PACATIANA 364 A.D. and the 60 Canons.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Good one. S&F for that post. I believe there are a lot of clues out there that can support your post.
I think i have one: If you read about the THE COUNCIL OF LAODICEA IN PHRYGIA PACATIANA 364 A.D. and the 60 Canons.

What can I say ???

You are absolutely Correct !

Good One, it gives me much support in my work, when some one discovers these things in History, and Moulds their Understanding of the World, rather than just following others, in their Quest for the Truth...

Thanks Once again for your Comments...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Wow that's a conspiracy theory... not much to do with the topic but....

While the Jews were in Exile, they were re Educated with a new written language that was introduced even though the verbal language remained. The writings were reconstructed and compiled by the new religious scribes, but not by copying the original text, as they had all been destroyed along with the previous Scribes and Priests.

I'm wondering if you have any evidence for all these wild claims in your post? What are your sources of ancient language scholarship?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

Wow that's a conspiracy theory... not much to do with the topic but....

While the Jews were in Exile, they were re Educated with a new written language that was introduced even though the verbal language remained. The writings were reconstructed and compiled by the new religious scribes, but not by copying the original text, as they had all been destroyed along with the previous Scribes and Priests.

I'm wondering if you have any evidence for all these wild claims in your post? What are your sources of ancient language scholarship?

No these are Not Wild claims at all !

And yes it has everything to do with the Age of The Universe and the bible!

But the bible is only a selection of some Greek and Hebrew writings
( Certainly Not even the greater number of writings ) that have, also been Bastardised by the Roman church !

You can in Fact find the evidence in Christian writings, that the Roman church tried to get rid of!

But all this information can be found in these early writings.

You can find all this in various Christian, Greek and Hebrew writings that date back, in some cases up to 3,000 ago.

For example in "The Gospel of Thomas" Note Carefully.....

Verse. 39.

Jesus said,

“The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves
have NOT entered,
nor have they
allowed to enter
those who wish to".

And the other part of the story, involving the Exile of the Jews, can be found in the "Books of Ezra".

There are also other writings or books on this, but at present I will have to go back and obtain the correct titles and references for you.

The Books of "Ezra", I am referring to, are Not in the "Roman" collection of Greek and Hebrew writings, called the bible...

But I am sure you will be able to obtain them through the net...

When I can get some spare time I will do this..

I quote this, because it is about the writings, the bible or Roman collection of Greek and Hebrew writings, where I am referring to other Christian writings Not in the bible, yet about the same subject !

Many writings are Not included in the bible of the Roman Church, that was established in order to quieten down the people, that followed Jesus the Carpenter, as they were seen to be as trouble makers to both the Synagogue, religious sects and above all the Holy Roman Empire of the day.

Hell even the Roman Government, killed Hundreds or perhaps even thousands of Children in order to get rid of the carpenter when he was born.

And this at that time was only because of Religious Rumour in the area at the time.

The Governments of the day Including the religious sects in Jesus's Day Hated the Carpenter Jesus, This is why they condemned Him and had him executed.

But today many writings have been destroyed or Not included in the subject so the whole Subject is totally misrepresented by the Roman church, Catholic church, and all the break away denominations of today.

Jesus made No mention of any of these churches of humankind or in fact they would be in the future !

He only said that when he would go to the Father the Wicked One would come and deceive the whole World, and Not just some but All...

This happened in the establishment of the Roman church ( Roman Government Controlled Institution or church )

The Carpenter Jesus also said, " Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites." and many other statements involving this.

The Teachings of the Carpenter Jesus, had Nothing at all to do with what is claimed to day !

But that is how the story of the descendants of A'Dam goes ! They try to claim what is Not theirs and pretend to take on the attributes of The Soul that is called "MAN."

The Son of Man is another Name for The Man Child that comes from the Greek word INIS
( Iota Nu Iota Sigma ).

This also has Connections with INZ, ZION, ZIN and the Name from the word "The washing of the Hands and Feet" in Greek, NIZOmega ( Nu Iota Zeta Omega ) All these come from the Original Zionic Language, that the Barbarian language (Ionic Greek) came from.

But the Original Zionic Language was Not anything Like the Languages that are known today.

The ZIONic Language was a Geometric Language that was unutterable and could only be written.

But on this Language, it may be impossible for you to research, unless you can gain access to the material necessary to study...

However the written languages, that are in use today come from the roots of the Zionic language.

And any Information about such a language, as ever being, is extremely difficult, if Not impossible to get hold of.

But in saying this, the Language can be re established, by understanding Geometry and the old art of Geometric based Communication.

Jesus said "Be Ware of Wolves in Sheep's Clothing."

He also said, "Foxes have Fox Holes, and Wolves have Packs".

Packs as in Groups of people... Perhaps referring to those groups to come, including religious groups, such as the Roman church and its offspring the other denominations and religious sects.

The Roman Doctrine, or Roman church, has also had its influence in many other religions across the Earth.

This often is found in the decoration of the temples as well as in doctrine.

Even though they preach Love and obedience to God or perhaps more to Mary, but the Church is rotten to the core with great Evil !

All the Sex Candles involving priests and children, the harbouring of Criminals, and murder etc not to mention the Lies and Bastardisation of the Writings.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

top topics

join