It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Russia Planning to Outlaw Jehovah’s Witnesses?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Mabey you are perpetuating my "stumbling"?

what kind of person falls down and refuses to get up?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I have to absolutely agree with you. Lots of secrets behind closed doors. Perhaps not all of them are like that but just as many as in any other religion. As for the blood issue, I wear a bracelet saying I will take blood because my husband is a J.W. Elder and says if I ever need blood and cannot speak he will forbid it. So I protect myself in this way. It is a small thing I know, but I do have legal backup.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.jw-media.org...

According to JW-media.org their supreme court will hear the appeal on December 8, 2009.

In case anyone was interested

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Regardless of what you may think of JW's there like the canary's in the coal mines for religious tolerance, they fight extremely hard via litigation in the courts for there freedoms, if there religious freedom is taken away others are sure to follow, if they haven't already been reduced or eliminated.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

www.seattlepi.com...

The Supreme Court in Russia upheld the ban.
Witnesses will appeal the case now to the European Court for Human Rights.
I find it amazing that the courts site a law meant to combat extreemism. Cleerly a miss-application of that law. ...Obviously the courts are being blinded and not clearly using their own thinkin and logical reasoning. This does not only affect the christian organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, this could expand to any beliefs that are not Orthodoxy, Judaism, Buddhism or Islam.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Regardless of what you may think of JW's there like the canary's in the coal mines for religious tolerance, they fight extremely hard via litigation in the courts for there freedoms, if there religious freedom is taken away others are sure to follow, if they haven't already been reduced or eliminated.

But to what avail? The more "religious freedom" these so called Christians have, The more of a threat they are to real Christianity. This organization has corrupted Christianity enough. Cant you see this? EErrrr

[edit on 8-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Russia only wants to recocnize 4 religions... The Orthodoxy, Judaism, Buddhism and Islam. I believe this desire to ban the free speach of this one organization won't be limited to just Witnesses, but will be a stepping stone to ban any belief system not approved by the political party.

Doesn't that bother you? If it doesn't it, do you think it would be a good idea if the country you live in would pick its top four, or even single denomonation and outlaw the practice of any other?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Russia only wants to recocnize 4 religions... The Orthodoxy, Judaism, Buddhism and Islam. I believe this desire to ban the free speach of this one organization won't be limited to just Witnesses, but will be a stepping stone to ban any belief system not approved by the political party.

Doesn't that bother you? If it doesn't it, do you think it would be a good idea if the country you live in would pick its top four, or even single denomonation and outlaw the practice of any other?

Not at all. There is a huge difference between the major religions of the world and the JW. I guess Russia knows that difference.Good for them.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Not at all. There is a huge difference between the major religions of the world and the JW. I guess Russia knows that difference.Good for them

Careful your prejudice is showing.
You don't believe in freedom of faith & religion then?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Not at all. There is a huge difference between the major religions of the world and the JW. I guess Russia knows that difference.Good for them

Careful your prejudice is showing.
You don't believe in freedom of faith & religion then?

Yes, of course I do. But if that religion is based on false doctrine than No.
And thats exactly what the JW organization is based on, False doctrine
And there is tons of proof. Would you like for me to show you?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
For a while there I was envying where the Russian's seem to be heading in it's freedoms, Now I'm starting to wonder if it all ways just a show.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, of course I do. But if that religion is based on false doctrine than No. And thats exactly what the JW organization is based on, False doctrine And there is tons of proof.

That's funny because by that standard the Catholic church should have been banned and shut down years ago. Actually you have to let Jesus prophesy of the wheat and the weeds carry on until the harvest is complete, if you understood the bible then you would know that means all christian type religions will be together until the end when God will make it very clear to everybody what religion is acceptable to him and what is not.

You are one of those people that if you lived during the middle ages you would be attacking the so-called heretics that were reading the bible and learning truth from it.

Anyways we are drifting off topic, the bottom line is Russia is restricting religious freedoms and it's not just for Jehovah's Witnesses.
This is a general attack on what they view as "Western Christian religions".
www.forum18.org...

So Oliveoil do you support those attacks to?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Ya know what Blue Jay Your Right. I shouldn't be like this.Everyone should have freedom to choose. However, I believe that the more religious freedoms we have, the more choices one will have.Pretty soon religion will become over saturated. and the truth will become distorted. Maybe that will be when Jesus comes back. I guess its inevitable. Bring it on

You have a Great day Blue Jay. Peace to you good man, your a good sport.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
So clearly the Russian state thinks the cost of oppressing 200,000 citizens out of 140,702,096 is not only a cost, but also possibly a good investment for the future too

Monitoring the activities of cults is a government responsibility. It affects public safety. China does this too.

The Jehovahs Witnesses according to websites I have seen believe that only 144,000 will be saved. That's not what the Bible says. If they can't follow the Bible then they shouldn't be allowed to proselytize.

If you catch cults and monitor their activities before they ignore scripture to produce their own false ideaology then you can stop events like Waco, Jonestown, and Mountain Meadows Massacre before they occur.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

To save them slamming the door in their
face

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
NO They only SAY they practice what they preach..behind closed doors they are one of the worst.....
Well, they are the most hypocritical, judgemental, and emotionally abusive yet...

Couldn't agree more, they are as fake as I've ever seen, they only care about you if your under their control.
Question them and your shunned, they don't even follow the scriptures, they make up their own rules.
They act like they're so righteous but its my belief God/Jesus would be ashamed of them claiming to be Christians

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Well thats rubbish we beleive 144,000 will go to heaven.

Diffrent to saying only 144,000 will be saved!

The rest will be reserceted to live on earth in a perfect state forever and there no telling how many that be.

As to some of the bad experiances I have seen or read. Thing is there will always be some bad congregation out there that will border on apostasy. And I feel for anyone who has be hurt my one of these congregations. I wont judge you guys especialy the one who said he was framed. But fact is in any group of people even no religions you will get bad apples. Even Bible said that those in the corrcet relgion will have people and groups of people rise up and cause trouble.

edit on 14-4-2013 by JW2002 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join