It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Russia Planning to Outlaw Jehovah’s Witnesses?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

"New world order"....

"New world translation"....

There ya go!

fortunatly, the true creator or the universe is not partial and loves us, so well, the "new world" ANYTHING is not going to succeed in judging and condemning people for not being mindless robots and sheep. So too bad for them. Won't they be soooo dissapointed when all of these lovely people are still around after their "armageddon" they can't wait for, to get rid of all of the "worldly" people who don't join the them.

I can see it now.... "well that must not have been armageddon yet, because well, that cathloic guy is still alive, and that protestant, and those mormons over there, and *GASP* omg! Those people don't even go to ANY church and THEY were aloud to stay!?! Well, we'll keep praying for even more death and destruction until there are no more "non Jehovah's witnesses left!"

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

"Why Is Russia Planning to Outlaw Jehovah’s Witnesses?"

Well I hate to be the one to break the news, but...

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that when religion is outlawed that will be the last "sign" before armageddon. In order to bring about armageddon, JW's are deliberately causing issues to bring about the prophesy's fulfillment.

Its all very well coordinated and has been planned for thousands of years by the Masters/Bankers/Carpetbaggers from antiquity. It is they who set up Christianity and all variations thereof for the purpose of authoritarian power and control.

Either that or they are right and the rest of us are doomed.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that when religion is outlawed that will be the last "sign" before armageddon. In order to bring about armageddon, JW's are deliberately causing issues to bring about the prophesy's fulfillment.

actually its the opposite. they have done more for freedom of religion and freedom of speech in america as well as othe countries around the world.

In the United States of America and several other countries, the legal struggles of the Jehovah's Witnesses have yielded some of the most important judicial decisions regarding freedom of religion, press and speech. In the United States, many Supreme Court cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses are now landmark decisions of First Amendment law. Of the 72 cases involving the Jehovah's Witnesses that have been brought before the U.S. Supreme Court, the Court has ruled in favor of them 47 times. Even the cases that the Jehovah's Witnesses lost helped the U.S. to more clearly define the limits of First Amendment rights. Former Supreme Court Justice Harlan Stone jokingly suggested "The Jehovah's Witnesses ought to have an endowment in view of the aid which they give in solving the legal problems of civil liberties." "Like it or not," observed American author and editor Irving Dilliard, "Jehovah's Witnesses have done more to help preserve our freedoms than any other religious group."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Miriam! Miriam!

That is Wilipedia! The WatchTower Society is notorious for 'upgrading' its own propaganda on Wiki!

Remember, JWs are NOT allowed to read anything bad about themselves. It is part of the mind control exercise they are programmed into. When they read something good about JWs they always think that a non JW 'worldly' person wrote it because they could see how good 'The Truth' is. Sadly, it is usually WatchTower propaganda!

Sorry!

But when a religion has to call itself 'The Truth' then they have definitely got something to hide.....a big fat Lie usually!

The ordinary JW folk are probably salt of the Earth types but the top of their pyramid is another story all together.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Elliot]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sorry, but they think every religion is wrong but thiers, and quote everything Jesus says like "religion is a snare and a racket" and how ALL religion is going down etc..all quoted from the bible, yet fail to see the absolute hippocracy and irony that they TOO are a RELIGION!

Anyhoo, I believe in a loving, awesome, kick butt, best guy in nthe universe creator, but NOT in religions of ANY kind!

We are meant to be ruled by God through a CONCIENCE, NOT by other men!

God sets up the guidlines that lead to our happiness and then we mostly by nature, follow those things for heaven on earth in our personal lives....

believe me, I have lived in Hell, and in Heaven on this planet, it is all about spirituality, and NO religion is completely right or completely wrong, but when God said "get out of her my people" (get out of religion) he didn't just mean all religions but Jehovah's witnesses, he meant ALL religions... THEM TOO!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Rome actually submitted to Constantinian influence which, while Christian-flavored, certainly had very little to do with the Christianity practiced at the time.

Of course, modern Christianity is, as a result, pretty much Constantinianism, itself.

If the Roman empire had been influenced by the christian cults of the time, rather than having one militaristic autocrat cheeseweasel claim to have converted and then using it to smash his opponents, history would be vastly different.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

sadly, not many are the salt of the earth....mostly the new people, widows, and single parents in there are, but the elders, and their families etc, treat you like a king/queeen, when they can't count "time" on their little cards for talking to you, but as soon as you are baptised and they can't use you for adding to their "time card', they drop you like a hot potatoe, right after brainwashing you that all of your "worldly" non JW friends and family are evil and you should have nothing to do with them, so you are SOL and abandoned at ever cornere...then if you cry out about it and complain of your lonliness, you are told not to be a "burden on the congregation" and that statan tests you when you first get baptised so deal with it etc......

So it is the most ultimate case oif bait and switch there is! It is horrid, they take advantage of the lonley and week, suck them in with false "love" (come over for dinner so we can all count 4 hours for taling to you", then when you get baptised, and you actually need a friend or some help you are dropped.....unless of course you were born into them, and then they might help each other if they have to etc.....sad, sad, brainwashing emotional abusive crap......it was the most spiritually abusive damage I have ever experienced....took me almost 10 years to get over it and feel "worthy" again.....like wow, mabey God dosen't hate me afterall?

I was kicked out because you are supposed to rat each other out for things like getting drunk, and I went to this party where the elders ids were drunk and barfing everywhere and the girls were all taking their shirts off etc...so when I told on them, they just all joined together and said I was the one who was drunk, and I hadn't had a drop of alcohol in over 8 years at that time......

I was happy though because I knew something was fishy, and kept praying and praying for God to show me the REAL truth, about myself, and about them, and about all religions, so I asked if they didn't have the REAL truth, then to please help me get outta there!

It worked! yay!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Sorry for your bad experiences, Mellisamouse.

But, the JWs appear to be a very 'troubled' people but not surprising considering the mind control methods of FEAR that are used to control them.

They are sad to see for their wretched, gut wrenching fear they experience of eachother judging, and 'ratting' on eachother.

If only they knew what had been done to them.

I find it frustrating to see people so trapped in a living nightmare and not aware of what has been done to them and unable and unwilling to wake up.

Very sad.

They have one of the highest levels of mental illness of all high control cults.

They unwittingly confuse God, with the WatchTower Society as they will not tolerate a bad word against a book publishing company. Most bizarre!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

I know, it really is sad, the shame, and self hatred, conflicting feelings about people you love, because you are supposed to judge them as "bad associtation" if they do or don't do certain things....

It really did mess me up for a good 10 years after I left, and I was only one for a few short years, but the damage lasted for a looong loooong time.

I feel so bad for the kids and the sincere ones who really just wanted the truth and to please God, but instead are sooo emotionally battered and abused and brainwashed.

Luckily though, like 90% of my friends, and all the loving and good ones left too, so hopefully they are healing or healed from the trauma too.

It is so nice because now that they left, they are "aloud" to be my friends again and not feel obligated to hate me out if fear etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Wow. I just read the last few posts by you and Elliot and I'm moved. Your words described exactly what I experienced with Jehovah's Witnesses.

I just wanted to mention that my sister has been a baptised Witness for about the last 10 years because Mom wanted it and she went along for that reason. It cost her her marriage.

Now our Mother is dead and my sister is finally free to live her own life. Sister just turned 46 by the way. Now she is reunited with her husband but they are only living together. Her congregation went to my nephew who is 16 and tried to get him to shun his own mother when they disfellowship her for living with his (own) father.

Can you even comprehend the emotional and psychological damage on all three of these people? Its sick.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot

Miriam! Miriam!

That is Wilipedia! The WatchTower Society is notorious for 'upgrading' its own propaganda on Wiki!

im not going to do the work for you. the whole "wiki is bad" thing is getting old. if you dont trust it fine, then use it a starting point to see if it entries are in fact true.

if your going to be an anti-JW herald, at least put your back into it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
Sorry, but they think every religion is wrong but thiers, and quote everything Jesus says like "religion is a snare and a racket" and how ALL religion is going down etc..all quoted from the bible, yet fail to see the absolute hippocracy and irony that they TOO are a RELIGION!

yeah i know, isnt it completely radical! a religion that has the ordacity to actually think that they are serving god the way god wants.

it so weird and unorthodox, god save them!

/sarcasm

We are meant to be ruled by God through a CONCIENCE, NOT by other men!

you are completely right. but that is when they were perfect. adam did that but he gave it up. extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary solutions. since adam, god has used people to pass on his will. from noah to the apostles.

why would god who used prophets, who had a people, who formed a congregation, change now?

God sets up the guidlines that lead to our happiness and then we mostly by nature, follow those things for heaven on earth in our personal lives....

believe me, I have lived in Hell, and in Heaven on this planet, it is all about spirituality, and NO religion is completely right or completely wrong, but when God said "get out of her my people" (get out of religion) he didn't just mean all religions but Jehovah's witnesses, he meant ALL religions... THEM TOO!!!!!!!!!!

so noah didnt actually need the ark did he?

or perhaps lot didnt have to listen to the angels?

maybe the isrealites didnt need moses?

your logic has a flaw

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

They are sad to see for their wretched, gut wrenching fear they experience of eachother judging, and 'ratting' on eachother.

just because thats how you felt when you were with them doesnt mean thats everyone's experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It is so nice because now that they left, they are "aloud" to be my friends again and not feel obligated to hate me out if fear etc.

no-one is told to hate a disfellowshipped person.

you might tell your child to avoid someone because you know from experience that your child may pick up bad traits from them. the same it is with disfellowshiping.

FYI, its "allowed" not aloud

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
why cant these threads ever stay on topic?

does the fact that JW is in the title mean that it ALWAYS has to turn into a bashfest?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

My logic has WHAT flaw????

NOAH didn't go to some CHURCH, NOAH was spiritual, and listend to GOD, not MEN...if he listened to MEN he never would have built theark in the first place!

Abraham, all of those Guys, listened to GOD, not some RELIGION....

Your sarcasim and attitude in favor of this religion, just add to it's negative, supressive nature....

The people who are the most spiritual, most loving, LEAST hipocritical, are the ones who have LEFT organized religion of EVERY kind, INCLUDING the JW'S......

Sorry, but when Jesus said religion was wrong he meant ALL religion, so that circular reasoning the JW's try is just as crazy as thr trinity and garbage that isn't even in the bible etc..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I know! Talk about dysfunctional....instead of trying forgiveness and NOT judging, like what Jesus tries to hightlight SO much, they are the MOST judgemental and unforgiving ever....

Conditional EVERYTHING...no agape love there.....loving their enemies? I think not........unless of course they can put on fake smiles and count time for it.....then of course they walk back into the cars and gossip and tear the person to bits behind their backs half the time.... not ALL of them, but too many of them....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
why cant these threads ever stay on topic?

does the fact that JW is in the title mean that it ALWAYS has to turn into a bashfest?

Not a bash fest, a therapy session...

Sorry you feel compelled to judge for my spelling now too.....

Must be a sign of evil...bad spelling right?

Funny how loving the vibes are off of people who don't support religion at all.....so spiritual and loving.....

I mostly feel the heebeegeebies and condemnation type vibes from the religious, since most of the loving ones have left religion by now.

NOT saying everyone who is still religious and hasn't left religions yet are ALL like that, but too many to ever bring me back to ANY religion of ANY kind!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar

Holywar - Have you never wondered why the WatchTower literature has always pushed 'One World Government', 'One World Religion at Hand' etc and The New World Order'?

NO I don't wonder... I KNOW. And if you did some serious and deep Bible studying you would know why too.

The Russells who initiated the Jehovah's Witnesses also initiated the Skull and Bones Society

really???? prove it.

Remember, OBEDIENCE is what the NWO demands and OBEDIENCE is what is enforced in the JWs and other York Rite Cults!

WRONG!!! quite the opposite. It's because of our strict obedience to God and HIS LAWS, that we are persecuted. Why do you think we are hated so much. How they wish that our sons, and fathers and husbands would sacrifice their lives in useless wars and causes, but we say.... "I don't think so!!!!" OH, how they HATE that about us. Because we won't sing a stupid national anthem or salute a flag. Our allegiance belongs to God. Do we obey the common law, work and pay taxes, send our children to school????
Of course we do. But once you tell us to do something that goes against God's law, the line is clearly drawn for us.

I wish you well, but do look back if you want to know what is coming next! Good luck my friend! Myself, I would rather be dead than a NWO mind control slave!

I don't need good luck, I got Almighty God, the the creator of the universe on my side. But thanks anyway.

Oh and... trust me, I've done my research. I NEVER follow anything blindly. I was not born in the religion, I converted, and it's the best decision I have ever made.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Elliot

"New world order"....

"New world translation"....

There ya go!

fortunatly, the true creator or the universe is not partial and loves us, so well, the "new world" ANYTHING is not going to succeed in judging and condemning people for not being mindless robots and sheep. So too bad for them. Won't they be soooo dissapointed when all of these lovely people are still around after their "armageddon" they can't wait for, to get rid of all of the "worldly" people who don't join the them.

I can see it now.... "well that must not have been armageddon yet, because well, that cathloic guy is still alive, and that protestant, and those mormons over there, and *GASP* omg! Those people don't even go to ANY church and THEY were aloud to stay!?! Well, we'll keep praying for even more death and destruction until there are no more "non Jehovah's witnesses left!"

2 Peter 3:1-18 (New International Version)

1Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join