It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Hey rcwj: Your professional opinion---You think that broken bone may have happened in the fall? It didn't look like that choke was anything devastating, but I'm just wondering if maybe the impact of the fall made them land weird, and the bone may have broken when they hit the ground?

Having wrestled with my fair share of swallowers (easy you sick ATS freaks..lol) on the street I can PROMISE you, that cops hold did NOT break that mans neck. Now DD, I will agree the fall very well could have. Of course what are the mans priors as far as medical issues. Could that bone have been fractured before and this was the final blow? SOOOO many things are unknown.

Now I have also learned in my 8 years on the street that letting these retards swallow their drugs is the easiest route to take. Let them swallow it. So now you have possession. You also have tampering/destruction of evidence, you also have obstruction, and you also get to see said retard worry that he MAY die from his choice to swallow the evidence. Then take him to the hospital and get it removed. Now even if the baggy DOES break the drugs will go to the blood and all you need is to have blood drawn to prove the possession.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I'm happy to see you find that so entertaining.

When I see people killed over tennis shoes, somehow this does not seem to be very high up on my priority list for what I expect police officers to do in Louisiana. Or one of my friends just a few days ago gunned down while mowing a lawn, at random. Somehow or another I still do not see where the priority was. Maybe in the rest of the country there are no problems and this is all the police need to do, but in Louisiana there are far more pressing concerns.

We can begin with police investigating how they stole over $200,000 out of their evidence room.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
All I wanna know is, who would the ATS members blame if this idiot swallowed his meth to hide it from the officer. Then the officer LEGALLY has to go get a warrant for the drugs, take him to the hospital to get the mans stomach pumped, and in the mean time, this yahoo dies from the lethal amount of drugs HE chose to swallow?

Having lived in Livingston Parish for a while, I can tell you that the meth problem is really bad. I am sure that the police are tired of dealing with this kinda bull. I completely agree that this fellow putting the drugs in his mouth and not spitting them out, caused his own death.

The Livingston Parish jail is probably full of meth heads right now. For all we know, this guy might have had a past history with the police, and drugs.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
How about this, when the cop puts you up against the car and tells you to spit out the drugs, you don't struggle with him? When he has you in a choke hold, in the name of self preservation, you should probably stop struggling and just open your mouth.

Crazy world I know, but I hear struggling with the cops is a good way to get yourself injured these days, who'da thunk it?

It is like people think cops can't get killed on the job or something.

"A man shouldn't get killed during a minor traffic stop."
A cop shouldn't get killed or injured during a minor traffic stop, but how often does it happen?

Don't be so quick to judge if you haven't walked a mile in their shoes cause it is a whole different world.

Pull a guy over, maybe he pulls out a gun and shoots you, maybe its just some regular joe on his way to work. You don't know, you CAN'T know, but you can get killed for giving the guy enough rope to hang you with it. That is why you don't get much slack from cops, because if you are a criminal, that could get the cop killed.

So it's cool to choke people to death even though they've committed no violence or threatening act?

This is a #ing drug bust. As stupid and evil as I think the drug war is, the cop had absolutely no right to choke out the suspect. What the # is that? I can't believe any of you are trying to defend this. First because of how stupid it is and secondly let's suppose a cop pulls you over and suspects you of swallowing your stash. The cop should have arrested the guy and taken him in for a drug test at the most. If this was over pot, then this is just pathetic. This cop deserves jail time.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
So it's cool to choke people to death even though they've committed no violence or threatening act?

Typical ATS cop hater...to stupid to read what actually killed the suspect. If you wanna hate cops thats fine but stop making up reasons and accusing cops about doing things they DIDN'T do. NO ONE was choked to death...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh I'm sorry you're absolutely right. The cop just broke the suspect's neck. It's the suspect's broken neck fault that he choked to death.

Wow, kind of surprising you're a southern cop with the way you think and what you say.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

No just put in a choke-hold that possibly lead to the death of a human being. Now unless there is absolute proof, it is possible that the choke-hold killed the human being. Has nothing to do with hating cops.

Maybe the population should make way for the actual good cops out there and shut the rest of the morons down that act like idiots while hiding behind a badge. Because I know a few cops that could have handled this a hell of a lot better. Unfortunately, I know more that would have gotten off on doing just what this cop did. Imagine that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The cop just broke the suspect's neck.

Wow, kind of surprising you're a southern cop with the way you think and what you say.

Again who's fault is it REALLY that this incident took place? hmmmmm?

And not really sure what your trying to say when it comes to the "southern cop" comment?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Yeah because drug dealers/users NEVER break other laws or kill a cop when confronted.

A. you are a drug dealer. You probably are aware of the kind of time you do for distributing illegal substances. That alone makes you a dangerous person as now you are caught. When boxed in a corner, its not surprising if a criminal engages in a criminal act to get away. That makes you a danger to them, and the innocent people in the area.

B. you are a user. You are highly unpredictable because you are using mind altering substances. You are very dangerous. One minute you could be fine, the next wigging out. Depending on what substance, you could be more or less dangerous. Cops don't know the substance, so they can't be certain. You are a danger to them and the innocent people in the immediate area.

Either way, you are definitely a threat. If you are drug trafficking or selling, you are a criminal. Criminal is a frame of mind, not just an act. You know what you are doing is serious, wrong, and illegal, but you do it anyway. It takes a certain kind of frame of mind to engage in that. A disregard for law for starters. If you are using, that alone says you are a danger because you are incapable of making sound judgments. You are also prone to mood swings and violence depending on the drug. You are unpredictable.

So yeah, don't try to tell me cops don't get killed by dealers/traffickers/users, because they do, more often then they should.

Oh and don't give me that "it is because the war on drugs that they get killed" line. If you are a user, you probably cause the threat you cause unintentionally. A user might accidentally kill or injure somebody because they aren't mentally capable of making good choices. If they are selling/distributing/trafficking, it is because they are criminals, and if it wasn't drugs, it would be some other illegal item or trade. Human trafficking? Illegal weapons? Whatever they could get their hands into in order to make big easy money.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The cop just broke the suspect's neck.

And not really sure what your trying to say when it comes to the "southern cop" comment?

...The cop who body slammed, choked out, body slammed, and broke the neck of the suspect isn't at fault for the death that directly resulted from this incident? Huh... are you a crazy religious fanatic or something? Was this god's fault?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Oh come now, that's easy: it is all of our faults. For allowing these foolish laws to happen while being sucked into fear of what we claimed not to know. For allowing cops to get too much power in some situations. For allowing this to continue while real crime is not dealt with.

But personal responsibility is not a Western trait.

Originally posted by Grimreaper797
Oh and don't give me that "it is because the war on drugs that they get killed" line. If you are a user, you probably cause the threat you cause unintentionally. A user might accidentally kill or injure somebody because they aren't mentally capable of making good choices. If they are selling/distributing/trafficking, it is because they are criminals, and if it wasn't drugs, it would be some other illegal item or trade. Human trafficking? Illegal weapons? Whatever they could get their hands into in order to make big easy money.

Oh that tired old line? I won't get into extreme detail, but your statements are patently false.

[edit on 7/13/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Yeah because drug dealers/users NEVER break other laws or kill a cop when confronted.

A. you are a drug dealer. You probably are aware of the kind of time you do for distributing illegal substances. That alone makes you a dangerous person as now you are caught. When boxed in a corner, its not surprising if a criminal engages in a criminal act to get away. That makes you a danger to them, and the innocent people in the area.

B. you are a user. You are highly unpredictable because you are using mind altering substances. You are very dangerous. One minute you could be fine, the next wigging out. Depending on what substance, you could be more or less dangerous. Cops don't know the substance, so they can't be certain. You are a danger to them and the innocent people in the immediate area.

Either way, you are definitely a threat. If you are drug trafficking or selling, you are a criminal. Criminal is a frame of mind, not just an act. You know what you are doing is serious, wrong, and illegal, but you do it anyway. It takes a certain kind of frame of mind to engage in that. A disregard for law for starters. If you are using, that alone says you are a danger because you are incapable of making sound judgments. You are also prone to mood swings and violence depending on the drug. You are unpredictable.

So yeah, don't try to tell me cops don't get killed by dealers/traffickers/users, because they do, more often then they should.

Yeah yeah that's nice generalization about nothing. Watch the video, watch the cop jump the non-resisting guy. Besides no one knew if the guy was on drugs or not before the cop turned into Hulk Hogan, so your non-knowledgeable generalizations don't apply here. I'll be happy to rip them apart for you, but they don't apply here.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Typical ATS cop hater...to stupid to read what actually killed the suspect. If you wanna hate cops thats fine but stop making up reasons and accusing cops about doing things they DIDN'T do. NO ONE was choked to death...

So anyone who doesn't agree that its not ok for a cop to choke someone is a cop hater? Could he have not handled that any better? Hell, why not taze him? We can't be certain that the choke killed him. We can agree on that. We can even agree that he apparently had pre-existing conditions.

The loss of life in a struggle like this is senseless. I'm sure the cop doesn't feel really good that the guy died. I'm also pretty sure he would rather it be the 'perp' than him to meet the untimely demise. I can't say I blame him there. But, just like in the Spiderman movie, 'with great power comes great responsibility.'

I don't think there is any reason to call anyone stupid. It doesn't help anyone. Do all cops think that we're all stupid? Or is it just the ones that disagree with them?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I dont find it necessary to put him in a choke hold for heavens sake. Couldnt he have just called an ambulance and then waited it out until the drugs passed and then give him a drug test? I mean come on this is getting insane. I know he needed evidence but was this guy going to harm the cop? No, he was harming himself by ingesting it so why is the cop even allowed to touch this person? Also did he die as a direct result of heart problems or the broken neck. It doesnt make sense to name all those as cause of death. Yes he had some heart issues that would eventually have contributed to his death but how does one die from all 3 at once? Seems they are trying to cover their butts IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Don't we have tazers for these situations?? I know, that evil instrument again! Cops are damned if they do damned if they don't. Sometimes guano happens and it neither the cops or the victims fault.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Bottom line. Traffic stop. Cop sees the man has something. Asks man NUMEROUS times open your hand. Guy DOES NOT! Guy then resists the officer trying to take the drugs from his hand. Guy then tries to swallow drugs and destory evidence, cop reacts.

I DO agree that if this idiot wants to swallow the drugs then fine. Swallow them, your still getting arrested for possession. No need to choke and wrestle him. As I said I have done it many times and now having been on the job a while I realize these jerkoffs are NOT worth it. BUT...once you swallow it, expect a bill from the hospital for saving your life. Oh and if you DO die before we can get you medical help, your family CANNOT sue for YOUR stupidity. DEAL?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Bottom line. Traffic stop. Cop sees the man has something. Asks man NUMEROUS times open your hand. Guy DOES NOT! Guy then resists the officer trying to take the drugs from his hand. Guy then tries to swallow drugs and destory evidence, cop reacts.

I DO agree that if this idiot wants to swallow the drugs then fine. Swallow them, your still getting arrested for possession. No need to choke and wrestle him. As I said I have done it many times and now having been on the job a while I realize these jerkoffs are NOT worth it. BUT...once you swallow it, expect a bill from the hospital for saving your life. Oh and if you DO die before we can get you medical help, your family CANNOT sue for YOUR stupidity. DEAL?

Deal... now back to the cop breaking the guy's neck and committing murder for absolutely no reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Couldnt he have just called an ambulance and then waited it out until the drugs passed and then give him a drug test?

Most street drugs arent packaged in a way that will last enough time to be passed. The baggy will be dissolved or break and the suspect is in deep poop. So that is why you CAN'T wait...its a myth. The mules package the drugs in balloons etc and thicker rubber, which takes like 30hrs to break down. So this just isnt an option.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
RC knows immediately it was METH why?

Because only Meth does that to the human body. I didn't see it mentioned in the article.

Everything else aside, if it was any other drug besides Meth, this man would be alive.

Everything else is a battle over the war on drugs which I personally disagree with and cop bashing and insults and what was right or not right protocol, which can go on and on and on and on... until we all want to puke and hate each other.

But it was clear, the second I saw the injury line, he was on Meth, Enlarged Heart etc, etc and Neck breaks from a simple choke hold (not justifying it)

He was already Dead

He wasn't going to support anyone, it's the rare drug out there.... that I have to say and I mean it.

Being arrested was this guys actual only hope to ever live again

It was an accident,

That was it, it was probably given the progression of his health, his last possible chance to get somewhere, stop the poison flowing and get 3 squares and a bed and rest and maybe in 12 months if he lived that long he could have a bit of a life he didn't run right back

Seriously

This cop pulled over a guy with almost no life expectancy, the cop was his only hope

That's what's real about Meth

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

If the idiotic laws were not in place, this would not have happened and you would not have to save anyone's life.

I support the driver, regardless. Perhaps he was doing it because he didn't want extra jail time. Who can blame him, who wants to go to jail? You might say he played the game, the consequences come... however if there were no stupid idiotic (did I mentionidiotic?) laws this wouldn't happen.

Bah, my applause goes to the driver. Dumb cop chokes and people defend. So much faith in humans. Bah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join