It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect puts drugs in his mouth; cop breaks his neck

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Did you actually look at the "full" video,(that is the parts they did not show on tv)the man is on the ground and is being continually punched to the extreme upper part of the body,and with force,as well as being kicked.This policeman should not have a badge,he should join the local vigilante force---correction,it's probably the same thing round those parts.

BTW,as you might expect,there is little physical resistance from the man.

hm, yes, I watched the WHOLE video sadly. Saw the man resist. And then I saw the cop use force on a man resisting. Little physical resistance? Did YOU watch the video?

and puh leaze.....

those who act all tough about "yeah cops are pigs man, psh, they're just..bad..and..mean...and they eat donuts."

Yeah? Wow, intelligent thoughts guys, lol.

I'd like to see you carry something illegal, have an officer tell you to drop it and then see you resist. You wouldn't. If you did resist, then you deserve to have your ass kicked IMO.

If you were a cop and dealt with morons every day, you'd lose your temper as well.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This just amazes me where we are trying to bring truth to light here and something like this causes such argument.

We all know there is police brutality, at times. We all know there are druggies and drug dealers out there.

The "perp" (hate that word) had a heart condition and obviously should not have been using meth which the coroner found in his system. Not that anyone should but it's especially dangerous for people with heart conditions.

All that said, the police officer still mishandled the situation.

No amount of excuses on the policeman's behalf are acceptable. Yes, the suspect was breaking the law. Does that mean the policeman can then do whatever he wants, lose his temper and do whatever he sees fit? I think not. If a policeman has an emotional, mental or psychological problem he should be seeking help and not be on duty where he may "lose his temper".

Murder is a bit of a far reach IMO but not being in control of the situation, yes, that is his responsibility. Escalating a situation rather than diffusing it is NOT what a policeman is supposed to be about. It was the policeman who started the physical portion of this situation, not the suspect. Resistance prior to the physical began was verbal only and not even belligerant or abusive.

This policeman should come under psychological examination and possibly removed from this kind of work or put him at a desk for good.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The title of this post should include "allegedly" puts drugs in his mouth since the dash cam shows no evidence of the attempt.

Furthermore, how can the media justify a title on the video of "resisting arrest" when in plain birds eye view, there was an assault and no resistance. If there was resistance, maybe the gent would still be alive today.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Did you actually look at the "full" video,(that is the parts they did not show on tv)the man is on the ground and is being continually punched to the extreme upper part of the body,and with force,as well as being kicked.This policeman should not have a badge,he should join the local vigilante force---correction,it's probably the same thing round those parts.

BTW,as you might expect,there is little physical resistance from the man.

hm, yes, I watched the WHOLE video sadly. Saw the man resist. And then I saw the cop use force on a man resisting. Little physical resistance? Did YOU watch the video?

and puh leaze.....

those who act all tough about "yeah cops are pigs man, psh, they're just..bad..and..mean...and they eat donuts."

Yeah? Wow, intelligent thoughts guys, lol.

I'd like to see you carry something illegal, have an officer tell you to drop it and then see you resist. You wouldn't. If you did resist, then you deserve to have your ass kicked IMO.

If you were a cop and dealt with morons every day, you'd lose your temper as well.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

Yep,watched both videos in fact,you know what the thing that sticks out in my mind,is that the man was anxious to hold onto his cap,and he didn't know that he was ever going to need it again..who knows maybe the cap had drugs in it,just shows the man made a plea,cap or drugs,or both for his own needs,that's some resistance!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Spaces after a comma,

cheers.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Let's say the cop let the guy swallow the drug's.
He would then had to arrest him.
Do you think the man would have went along peacefully?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I love how a great many people posting are complaining about a cracked window, and NOT the rock that created it.

JCW or any other "honest" law enforcement officers on ATS, Please tell us how much federal and state Monies does your department receives for "the war on drugs" and how does that budget compare to say, the retrieval of stolen goods, or the prevention of rape, or assault. Be honest and tell us how much the budgets are.

Also, convince us ( the "civilian" population ) the this budget is NOT directly related to the number of "drug busts" your respective departments make (ie the more drug bust you have the more money your department gets)

The death of this man is not because of a "bad" cop, but because of punishment and reward of the entire system; No I'm not talking about speeding ticket quota's (they "allegedly" don't exist) I am saying that if ANY bust can be turned into a "drug" crime it will for the $$ sonny

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
just google/video "Chris rock" how not to get your ass kicked by the police ....i would post link but against T&C to link or embed for profanity,,but it is worth it "funny stuff".... here i will get you started Google

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

and a star for you! A friend of mine was stopped in a routine traffic stop and when the officer handed him the pen to sign the ticket he was said no and flicked the pen out of the officers hand. He was arrested for assault because whatever is in the officer's hand is an extension of the officer's body.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
reply to post by drwizardphd

and a star for you! A friend of mine was stopped in a routine traffic stop and when the officer handed him the pen to sign the ticket he was said no and flicked the pen out of the officers hand. He was arrested for assault because whatever is in the officer's hand is an extension of the officer's body.

Your friend is an idiot and got what he deserved.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I think it's about time we passed a law that an officer cannot touch you at all unless you are or are attempting to directly harm the officer or another person, or are trying to flee. No tazers, no pepper spray, no chokeholds.

There is absolutely no reason for the police to even touch you otherwise. It's an invasion of privacy, a violation of decency and all too often ends up with people getting hurt, or worse, dying.

Was this person on drugs? Yes. Was he going to harm anyone other than himself? No. Did he deserve to die?

I don't think I need to answer that one.

These people are ABUSING their power. Its time we put the 'protect' back in 'protect and serve'.

Isn't this already in place?

Resisting arrest falls in the justifiable use of non-lethal force to detain individuals.

You contradict your post by quoting the motto : to "Protect and Serve."

You want "Protect" to be placed back in that motto, however, to you, it doesn't apply to protecting the individual from his apparent drug use, and injury to himself or others apparently.

I question your apparent disregard for common sense.

Read your own post, see how many times you make not one valid point.

Good Day.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You people are insane!
LEGALISE DRUGS! Itll decrease money going to criminals! Solve all problems!
But wait then the money go to the government! Those criminals! And they pay the police to murder us for no reason!
But suddenly we flipflop the government are only criminals when they dont let us get high and drive!

This is just driving me nuts. Im out of here.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It seems there is a lot of police brutality anymore. I understand that a officer has to defend himself, but If you ever watch the show COPS you will see that a lot of times the force used is very unnecessary . I have seen cops on TV take down a single man who isn't even resisting and 2 or 3 more cops pile right on top of the dude. I think the cop in this video should be held accountable for this mans death..

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Which is why the distinction exists between Homicide and Manslaughter. This is a clear cut case of the latter, and should be dealt with as such.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwynethnor

Then I guess you can say that we're at a professional disagreement. But hey, that's O.K. because this is America and it's O.K. to disagree with someone. When the autopsy comes back I wouldn't be very surprised if they find drugs in the suspects system which contributed to his death. Let me ask this how would you have handled the situation???
(You don't have to answer)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Ummm......Brachial Stun, A tatical finst strike to the back, A strike to the leg, leg sweep, all are strikes taught. If any of you can get your hands of "In the Line Duty" video's", might I suggest that you watch some. They are video's were officer's are injured/and or killed/executed in the line of duty by suspects who quite honestly, don't want to go to jail. They are very eye opening, and may give you a better understanding as to why some cops respond to verbal and non-verbal cues the way they do.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
..... Maybe the guy was simply trying to think of a way to get out of this sticky situation by popping a Mentos !!!

.... its the freshmaker !!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
Could not put it more eloquently.

Sound familar? It's your signature. With all your multiple post on this subject defending what seems to be deadly force by a police officer for a misdemeanor drug crime, it seems you know not who you are.

I don't need anymore identity problems in my life. You are now ignored.

Edit: What happened? Half the post on this thread saying the same thing over and over have now disapearred?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynethnor
This just amazes me where we are trying to bring truth to light here and something like this causes such argument.

We all know there is police brutality, at times. We all know there are druggies and drug dealers out there.

The "perp" (hate that word) had a heart condition and obviously should not have been using meth which the coroner found in his system. Not that anyone should but it's especially dangerous for people with heart conditions.

All that said, the police officer still mishandled the situation.

No amount of excuses on the policeman's behalf are acceptable. Yes, the suspect was breaking the law. Does that mean the policeman can then do whatever he wants, lose his temper and do whatever he sees fit? I think not. If a policeman has an emotional, mental or psychological problem he should be seeking help and not be on duty where he may "lose his temper".

Murder is a bit of a far reach IMO but not being in control of the situation, yes, that is his responsibility. Escalating a situation rather than diffusing it is NOT what a policeman is supposed to be about. It was the policeman who started the physical portion of this situation, not the suspect. Resistance prior to the physical began was verbal only and not even belligerant or abusive.

This policeman should come under psychological examination and possibly removed from this kind of work or put him at a desk for good.

Let's be frank here. The cop only suspected the guy was breaking the law. There was no proof ever presented that he actually was breaking the law. Could have been he was swallowing nitro for his heart problem. I don't think that is the case, but it can't be dismissed as a possibility, especially before the fact. Just another reason to decriminalize all drugs. Everywhere they do it, drug use goes down.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I reckon this police officer will be found guilty of using excessive force when this case is reviewed.The video evidence clearly shows a police officer going overboard to arrest this man! Although I think this Pyschopath murdered this man I'm sure the officer while being found guilty will not receive any jail time which makes me angry!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join