It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the current crop circle activity...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I thought I'd look into people that have had a go at creating crop circles and found this page: Crop Circle Debrief

It shows examples of man-made crop circles and gives an idea of what could be achieved. Take for example the crop circle made especially for Arthur C. Clarkes Unsolved Mysteries, granted it took five men 2 days of workin in daylight to create it, but it's quite intricate which just makes me lean more towards crop circles being one ongoing hoax.

I'm only leaning towards it tho, i'm still on the fence!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Please note the link at the bottom of the page:

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

Books: $20 and up
DVDs: $30 and up
Lectures and Workshops: $15-150
Healing Cards: $38
Rocks with circles etched on them: $155
Snake oil: Free. Oh, wait. They ask that you donate $1 via paypal every time you visit the site. Just to be nice.

Wake up. Please.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Well that was an informative and worthwhile response, thanks for your input

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Please note the link at the bottom of the page:

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

Books: $20 and up
DVDs: $30 and up
Lectures and Workshops: $15-150
Healing Cards: $38
Rocks with circles etched on them: $155
Snake oil: Free. Oh, wait. They ask that you donate $1 via paypal every time you visit the site. Just to be nice.

Wake up. Please.

If you're going to use that as an excuse not to trust the site then you might want to stop coming to ATS. Ever seen the "Gear" and "Store" links at the very top of the page?

OMG!!!!! ATS sells t-shirts, mugs, posters, hats, bags, journals, clocks, books....etc

They can't be trusted!!!!! Wake up....and keep track of your time on ATS with the ATS Logo Wall clock for $11.99

[edit on 14-7-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
I thought I'd look into people that have had a go at creating crop circles and found this page: Crop Circle Debrief

It shows examples of man-made crop circles and gives an idea of what could be achieved. Take for example the crop circle made especially for Arthur C. Clarkes Unsolved Mysteries, granted it took five men 2 days of workin in daylight to create it, but it's quite intricate which just makes me lean more towards crop circles being one ongoing hoax.

I'm only leaning towards it tho, i'm still on the fence!

The real question is: Do we really need another 'Crop circles are man made' thread?

There are really but two options, either Crop circles are man made, or they are not.
Are there man made circles? Of course, it has been documented at numerous occasions. If they're really good at what they're doing, then they deserve recognition for it, and about as much media coverage as media give street performers and graffiti artists.

Are there Crop circles not made by man? The question needs to be re-formulated. Are there Crop circles that show physical characteristics of having been made in a way that we do not understand? Science says yes.

THAT is worth discussing in this forum IMO, that and how they could be made, and by what process and of what origin or for what reason, not whether there's bleepin Doug and Dave running around Wiltshire's corn fields with planks and strings.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Heliocentric]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

I totally agree, I just wanted to put forward some examples of man-made ones as people seem all too eager to jump to other-wordly conclusions as to where the crop circles come from, and I wanted to show what man is actually capable of creating.

However the same page that I linked to also goes on to state findings in certain crop circles that give evidence against some being man-made. It's a tough topic to try and come to any concrete conclusions but then I guess if that wasn't the case then it wouldn't be on ATS

Man-made or not, some of them really are amazing pieces of art.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well quite often, ol' 'Doug and Dave' get trotted out as evidence of man-made crop circles, yet when they appeared on tv to demonstrate their ability, they were less than impressive - in fact the experts they were trying to fool (Colin Andrews, Pat Delgado, Busty Taylor) could see right away they were human-made.

There's a good documentary here on YouTube:

they also interview local farmers.. very interesting.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well that was an informative and worthwhile response, thanks for your input

I don't know - whenever I come across someone who is on the fringe of anything - religion, doomsday stuff, UFOs, crop circles, bigfoot - anything that requires you to suspend a certain amount of rational thought and accept that THEY are the ones with the truth...

I always want to know how much money they're taking in.

Read through the site. He's saying, in a nutshell, that Everyone else is wrong, everyone else is a liar, everyone else is engaged in a cover-up because they can't handle the TRUTH.

What's the TRUTH?

It can be yours, for $39.95, plus shipping and handling.

A scam is a scam is a scam.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I wasn't posting the link to agree with anything that was stated on the page in any way, just for a look at some of the man-made evidence. I do kinda have a problem with crop circles - I mean the possibility of a race of beings capable of interstellar travel that leave us 'signs' made from flattened crops?

Surely they'd find a much more effective method of communication?! Like facebook or somethin

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Surely they'd find a much more effective method of communication?! Like facebook or somethin

I imagine that one day, they will. They'll come by in the motherships and take all of the computers (who made the call) and all of the cats (who, through careful observation, will have been determined to be our masters).

****Important ATS Warning: the above post is satire, broadly speaking, and not to be taken seriously. If you wake up tomorrow and both your cat and computer are gone, your cat was probably let out in the night by the guys who broke in and robbed you. But there are those who will disagree. *****

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Ya know I always thought my cat was up to something shifty, i'll be keepin an eye on him!

Until the day I get a high-five from a gray then I think i'll remain skeptical, although I firmly believe in UFO's but that's a whole other thread topic

top topics

join