It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates to combat hurricanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

from ABC news 13 July 2009- "An application filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Jan. 3, 2008, lists Gates and 12 others as the inventors of a number of methods to control and prevent hurricanes."

click here for full article

Bill Gates has patented an idea to combat hurricanes. That's right, he is going to "save" us from evil hurricanes like the one that devastated New Orleans in 2005. He is going to do so, apparently, by sending several ships out into the gulf waters at strategic locations, which will cool the waters of the gulf to prevent hurricanes from forming.

To all of those out there with crazy schemes to try to control nature, because of Global Warming, or attempting to stop hurricanes, or whatever you are doing, i ask you. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

When you mess with mother nature, she is going to bite back. This is much like the idea that they had to blast thousands of aluminum particles into the atmosphere to reflect the UV rays, and reduce global warming. Global warming isn't real. It has been proven over and over again. And taking action like that, i could only imagine the consequences.

People time and time again, seem to forget that we don't understand nature, or the weather. We can't even predict the weather 24 hours out sometimes. I don't know how many times i saw 75% chance of rain today, looked outside, and saw no clouds. and of course no rain the whole day. As well as the opposite. How can we really think that we can make the weather do what we want, without consequences, when we don't even understand how it works all that much.

There is a balance to everything, and nothing we have done thus far has altered it. Hurricanes pick up and dump much needed water onto the mainland which hydrates the soil, replenishes the rivers and lakes, and well, makes up for the little rainfall here and there. Without hurricanes "playing catch-up" with re-hydration of the land, mass droughts would occur, the lands would dry, and vegetation would die. It is not our place to change the weather as we see fit. The butterfly effect would be catastrophic if we were to do such a thing on that scale.

Basically, I want to say, that it is not our place to try to own nature, nor control the weather, simply for our own selfish wants and desires, to avoid spending money on damages from hurricanes, when we could just *ahem* move, or try to find ways to ensure our homes are safe from destruction, (meaning that we put the money into our homes, not into trying to alter the weather)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't want to make light of this, but come on... Gates can't even design a working Windows platform; I'll be less inclined to believe that he can make an effective anti-hurricane plan.

And yes, people should stop altering nature. She can be a mean and fickle mistress, and she always plays for keeps.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe his approach is to build a wall make from Windows Vista DVDs. The idea is to force the air through the tiny holes while disposing of some truly crapy software at the same time. This will force the hurricanes to reboot so often they will just have to give up.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

Bill Gates is like SuperMan these days. I bet this idea would work. It seems like it could be worth a try. If you could save costal cities from the effects of a large hurricane you would be a hero and save millions and millions of dollars and potentially hundreds if not thousands of lives.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, we are not supposed to stop hurricanes.

We are supposed to co-exist with nature, not affect it.
We need bees, rain forests, jungles, flowers, etc.

We are supposed to be living in underground houses.
With the surface of the planet clean and green
and natural as it has been for millions of years.

And while we are safe underground
we can build motherships in large underground hangars.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If Bill Gates wants to help us, he should first stop outsourcing jobs, and start feeding hungry Americans like he does the hungry in many other countries. If anyone is the most responsible for the downturn of the American economy it is Bill Gates. Modern efficiancy has not brought the promises that came with it. Instead of having 15% of the people unemployed everyone should be working 15% less hours and for more money.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

LMAO, that is not Bill Gates fault. It is partially due to globalization. Try competing wth China where they will work their asses off for a few hundred dollars a month by raising everyones pay and cutting their hours. If you want to have every job in America outsourced then you would cut hours and increase pay, because no business owner can compete with those sorts of rules to the game.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
I believe his approach is to build a wall make from Windows Vista DVDs. The idea is to force the air through the tiny holes while disposing of some truly crapy software at the same time. This will force the hurricanes to reboot so often they will just have to give up.

That made my day

top topics

join