It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction - Most Likely Relative Molestation!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Steilhe

Maybe it is the natural description of greys or whatever is closest in description to the aliens that we are aware of, therefore making such stories automatically alien abduction cases in our minds when they are something else, even though the description brings aliens into our minds.

I like to think that with all the similar accounts of abductions it is highly unlikely that everyone is being molested or something as there is so many similar accounts of abductions, aliens etc. However, regardless of the similar details it is likewise possible that because of such a number of events and traumatic experiences that they are all similar tactics used by the brain as a coping mechanism, hence creating the same sounding experiences that seem to be abductions.

Very interesting to think about.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Steilhe

Well I dont think she or I are saying that everyone who believes in UFO's has been molested. Just that it is possible that everyone who thinks they have been abducted has been molested.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

A star for you. Very well explained. You are right on the money. It is possibly a common coping mechanism to such events. It goes through history. Now its aliens but in the past it was ghosts or some such thing.

The common theme is that these things are gray or translucent.. a common way the mind minimizes trauma.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Having conduct 50 interviews hardly qualifies this woman as an abduction expert regardless of what school she attended.

While I believe with pre knowledge of aliens a repressed memory of molestation could lead to the invention of an artificial memory construct that makes a person believe they were abducted.

However this scenario would be extremely rare, could never account for the phenomena prior to media saturation about alien abductions nor possibly account for the extremely large number of abduction cases.

To believe this would indeed be the set of perceptions I can imagine a rather wonder bread Harvard Psych professor would imagine, I world In which extremely large numbers of people above what is reported are secretly molested despite credible decent families and and being in every other way responsible for their faculties. Of curse if they didn't attend the Ivy league it is highly likely they were molested...

In fact I'd say modern psychology particularly anyone indoctrinated with a Freudian based set of rules for understanding the human will tell you everything comes down to sex... I would say they are clueless.

The only possible explanation for any actual abduction thoughts that are created by the mind would be a natural release of Dmt from the Pineal gland.

I am however convinced that a portion of those I have spoke to have genuine Abduction claims... (and i've spoken to more than 50 in my time)

There are aspects that are unexplainable particularly vehicular cases in which either a '___' release or any other psychological hallucination would have resulted in a loss of life.

It is very easy to sit in an office and analyze people from an incredibly small sample in a region of the country that is NOT know for heavy incident of abduction and come up with a theory that happens to fit along with your academic research even though it's a completely unrelated arena. It does after all keep the funding coming.

By by and large I would say, I have known those who have had genuine abduction incidents and this woman is making an extremely large assumption from a very small survey that supports her unrelated theories.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, what's the explanation for mind control programs such as MKultra?

www.geocities.com...

www.scribd.com...

Your theory reminds me of the scifi series Taken and the group therapy.

www.youtube.com...

sorry, dunno how to put videos up yet

4:45 tells Ray the truth about his alleged abduction

www.youtube.com...

People who mention aliens or MKultra are most likely to be treated and or thought of as covering up something more down to earth, instead of the opposite.

Until there's more proof, rather than clinical speculation, people will continue to harass these victims with this excuse. No doubt, there are many who would rather it would have been aliens or even the other way around, ......depending on the severity.

I'm also reminded of the alleged MIB or government saying; " IT NEVER HAPPENED!!" JFK shooting witnesses?

X-rays etc. do seem to be important in searching for the truth. But those who know, will remember much more than what you're implying.

Obviously, neither alien abductions, MKultra or being possessed doesn't help the accused much in court trials.

It would be interesting if a UFO was hovering over the court building though.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
.... Very plausible theory , ...... but what about all the abduction cases that DONT, ... occur in the UK.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I take that as a joke, right? It is common pretty much everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by maya27

LMAO, nice try. I gave you a star for effort. So were you ever abducted by aliens?

No. But my uncle sat me on his lap once.

Sure you're not in denial? You are very passive agressive about this whole subject.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

Yeh, thought so, suppressed anger issues. You should think about getting professional help to control your agression. Or, maybe think about having hypnosis to regress you to uncover some suppressed trauma from your your youth?

PS. Thankyou for the star.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

LOL, you are welcome. I have never claimed to be abducted. Though I have sat on several of my uncles laps. Do you think that is what I am repressing?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Not neccessarily, could have come from years of being bullied at school. Not everything has to be a sexual abuse to result in anal behaviour.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Well I dont really remember being bullied at school. I remember doing some bullying, but it could be the whole repressed anger thing popping up its ugly head.

By the way are you a psychologist, because you seem to be an expert about psychological problems dealing with anal related behavior.

Did you go to school for that or did you just learn from the school of hard knocks.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by maya27

Well I dont really remember being bullied at school. I remember doing some bullying, but it could be the whole repressed anger thing popping up its ugly head.

By the way are you a psychologist, because you seem to be an expert about psychological problems dealing with anal related behavior.

Did you go to school for that or did you just learn from the school of hard knocks.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

I'm a therapist, I am good at listening without judging. You learn a lot that way.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Ah you have quite a few valid points my friend!
I also notice that the Freudian mindset always goes back to some kind of sexual issue. I have read partial works by him but just did not think it was all about sex, even though his viewpoint and research were rather intriguing.

I'm glad you contributed and pointed some things out for me. Thanx

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think all people who believe they were adbucted by aliens should go and discuss it with a good psychiatrist, because it is more likely that all of you may have been molested by one of your relatives or someone close to you.

grapesofraft
you got it all wrong..backwards in fact..

see what would be more in line with your personality type.. would be to campaign for child molesters worldwide to begin to convince their defense attorneys to start using the defense of "Your Honor, it was aliens that did it to them... not my client"..

with this reasoning (just as sound as your reasoning) ..
you could see many of your cohorts, partners in crime, relieved of their wrongful imprisonment.

right back atcha..
you're just as morally off track as a holocaust denier.

IMO of course.

do you believe the holocaust happened because you were there?

-

[edit on 13-7-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Steilhe

Well I dont think she or I are saying that everyone who believes in UFO's has been molested. Just that it is possible that everyone who thinks they have been abducted has been molested.

Of course everyone who thinks they were abducted by aliens has been molested, even if they really were abducted by aliens. They don't ask to be abducted, and any touching without an invitation is molestation. And I think it's pretty asinine of you to claim that all of these people are delusional. If the shoe were on the other foot, you'd be making much different claims. I'm sure of it. Ask Travis Walton about being abducted.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ever hear of Betty and Barney Hill? They must have been molested at the same time to both hallucinate their abduction at the same time, or all the other instances of multiple person abductions such as the case in rural Australia in the 80's or many others. Yup, they were touched on their naughty bits as kids and had simultaneous hallucinations to protect their psychies. Yup, case closed, nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I see you are making up stuff again to "debunk" a subject you don't believe in.

Tell me, are all the married, adult people that claim to be abducted by aliens, actually sexually molested?

By their partner, by their kids maybe? Maybe by a burglar.

Your theory doesn't make sense at all.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
I see you are making up stuff again to "debunk" a subject you don't believe in.
Tell me, are all the married, adult people that claim to be abducted by aliens, actually sexually molested?

Your theory doesn't make sense at all.

I give you a star for that post Point of No return..
There are many cases out here upon this world that just don't add up to being sexualy molested.

This theory doesn't make much sense to me either. And by looking at the OP record on here.. I don't see this person lasting to much longer on ATS.
Alot of anger, and misplaced humor.

We all like to have a laugh from time to time.. But there is a time and place for everything in this world.

And I would be willing to explain my personal exp. with this topic..
But I do not feel comfortable here in trying to explain something to someone that would end up turning this into a laugh and point session.

I have to wonder here.. When I first joined ATS, the mindset was a little different.. Here in just the past week, I have been somewhat shocked at many of the threads and posts that have taken something serious into a laughing matter or something that is simply shrugged off as mental issues or sexual molestation.( And I know theres alot of hoaxs and pure BS that goes on.. But its not easy to find that diamond in the ruff.. Takes alot of time and reading to find a good story that is worthy.) (you seem a little jaded and spent to much time reading and wasting time in threads that are not for you personally.)(And now you are lashing out for your own personal reasons.)

Granted Im not a stuffed shirt.. But there are joke and prank sections on BTS.. Also many other places to post this kind of read between the lines slaps in the face..
ATS IMO has been having some issues that can only be worked out by staff members, and weeding out members who wish to degrade an otherwise great place to keep an open mind on said subjects..

Yet OP.. your welcome to think what you may..
I just hope you can get some of your own issues worked out, and find that inner peace, and learn to lay off a bit.. Before you end up banned.. And comming back under new names just to start problems..
You wouldnt be the first, and you wont be the last.

Good luck and all.. Sorry to have wasted anyones time here with this post. I almost didnt post.. But had this need to speak my mind on this topic.. Ive had my own exp. And it had nothing to do with being sexually molested..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join