It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian newspaper: sat photo shows flying disk over Area-51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by nightmare_david

what is that? a representation of a ufo or secret gov.tech? it's cool look whatever the case, would be neat to cruise around in that.

It's a rendering of what some people believe to be the craft that crashed in Roswell. I think that top image is based on the model kit that came out based on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This was discussed before on another board.
I think there was a person who lives in that area, he said that it was a watertower.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dope001

a water tower would kind of make sense and i can see it being that. another thing i just thought of when you mentioned towers is perhaps, say Doppler radar tower? also a possibility i think.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by zorgon

No.
I mean it's not a shadow.
Check the rimrock on the gulch to the north.

It seems obvious to me the sun revolves around the earth, but it doesn't, and it seems obvious to me that it's a shadow, but it's not. Not only are the shadow angles different on the surrounding rocks north and south, but I used the time slider on Google earth to obtain apparently two different images, this one:

Which appears from April 16 2006 to present, identified as a "Digital Globe" image, and this one:

which is what appears when you move the slider further back than April 2006, and it stays the same all the way until the slider gets back to August 17, 1998. It is identified as a "US Geological Survey" image.

The older USGS image shows the same light dark pattern, so it seems to rule out a cloud pretty convincingly,and if it's flying (I doubt it) then it hasn't moved in years.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dope001
This was discussed before on another board.
I think there was a person who lives in that area, he said that it was a watertower.

No one live in the area
Its the middle of the atomic test site

Originally posted by optimus primal

a water tower would kind of make sense and i can see it being that. another thing i just thought of when you mentioned towers is perhaps, say Doppler radar tower? also a possibility i think.

If it was a water tower or radar tower the shadows would still not be correct according to Phage
The place is ABANDONED highly radioactive especially below ground

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join