It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Discordian Quotes that Really Hit Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here are five quotes from Discordian thinkers that speak to me.

Feel free to add your own Discordian quotes, and just to be fair and balanced if you sane folks wanna throw in yours that's fine to.

Without further ado, here are my five favorites.

“I tell you: One must still have Chaos in one to give birth to a dancing star!” — Nietzsche

“There are trivial truths & there are great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true.” — Niels Bohr

ON PRAYER

Mal-2 was once asked by one of his Disciples if he often prayed to Eris. He replied with these words:

No, we Erisians seldom pray, it is much too dangerous. Charles Fort has listed many factual incidences of ignorant people confronted with, say, a drought, and then praying fervently -- and then getting the entire village wiped out in a torrential flood.

“You will find that the State is the kind of organization which, though it does big things badly, does small things badly too.” — John Kenneth Galbraith

“If the telephone rings today… water it!” — Rev. Thomas, Gnostic, N.Y.C. Cabal

(all from the Principia Discordia, all rights reversed)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Is this supposed to be a joke, or some kind of rip on the other thread concerning athiest quotes?

that thread was good, and the quotes were amazing. These quotes are terrible. Im not sure if im supposed to take them seriously, but if i am they are terrible. If this is the religious equivelent of the athiest thread...

religion gets an F.

edit: now that i realize discordianism is the religion concerning chaos and everything, my opinion is the same. Sensless Jargon sums it up nicely

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2
Is this supposed to be a joke, or some kind of rip on the other thread concerning athiest quotes?

that thread was good, and the quotes were amazing. These quotes are terrible. Im not sure if im supposed to take them seriously, but if i am they are terrible. If this is the religious equivelent of the athiest thread...

religion gets an F.

edit: now that i realize discordianism is the religion concerning chaos and everything, my opinion is the same. Sensless Jargon sums it up nicely

I suspect you are unacquainted with the Principia Discordia... Fnord.

To the OP: Thanks so much. I needed to be reminded not to take it TOO seriously.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
“I tell you: One must still have Chaos in one to give birth to a dancing star!” — Nietzsche
You know, when the TV network exec pitched "Dancing With the Stars", I bet he never had Nietzsche in mind. Or did he???

“God is dead.” — Nietzsche
“Nietzsche is dead.” — God

or, likewise,

“To be is to do.” — Socrates
“To do is to be.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
“Do be do be do.” — Frank Sinatra

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My own personal favorite:

Quote from External Source:
A SERMON ON ETHICS AND LOVE

One day Mal-2 asked the messenger spirit Saint Gulik to approach the
Goddess and request Her presence for some desperate advice. Shortly afterwards the radio came on by itself, and an ethereal female Voice said

YES?

"O! Eris! Blessed Mother of Man! Queen of Chaos! Daughter of Discord!
Concubine of Confusion! O! Exquisite Lady, I beseech You to lift a heavy burden
from my heart!"

WHAT BOTHERS YOU, MAL? YOU DON'T SOUND WELL.

"I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain.
Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with
injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers
imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THAT, IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?

"But nobody Wants it! Everybody hates it."

OH. WELL, THEN STOP.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense."

- SRI SYADASTI SYADAVAKTAVYA SYADASTI SYANNASTI SYADASTI CAVAKTAVYASCA SYADASTI SYANNASTI SYADAVATAVYASCA SYADASTI SYANNASTI SYADAVAKTAVYASCA
Commonly called just SRI SYADASTI

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
"True communication is only possible between equals, because inferiors are more consistently rewarded for telling their superiors pleasant lies than for telling the truth".

All Hail Discordia

top topics

join