It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council on Foreign Relations backs amnesty for illegals, opposes Arpaio-style raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Council on Foreign Relations backs amnesty for illegals, opposes Arpaio-style raids

www.blacklistednews.com

The CFR also said local police should not take lead roles in immigration enforcements and workplace raids. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas have been conducting immigration raids and prosecutions against businesses hiring illegal immigrants, as well as drop-houses used by smugglers trafficking illegal immigrants into Arizona from Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The fact that they endorse amnesty for illegal immigrants didn't really even make me blink. What disturbs me about this is that they would limit police involvement in the scenario. If someone is caught doing something illegal, the cops should be involved. Period. Whether those LEO's are local, state, or federal is beside the point: the former two have as much a right and responsibility to enforce the law as the latter, and groups like the CFR really need to keep their two cents out of it.

TA

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Some info on the CFR for those who aren't familiar with the group:

CFR Homepage

CFR Wikipedia page

From Wikipedia:

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is an American nonpartisan foreign policy membership organization founded in 1921. Located at 58 East 68th Street (Park Avenue) in New York City, with an office in Washington, D.C. Some international journalists believe it to be 'the most influential foreign-policy think tank.'

Corporate Members

* ABC News
* Alcoa
* American Express
* AIG
* Bank of America
* Bloomberg L.P.
* Boeing
* BP
* CA, Inc.
* Chevron
* Citigroup
* Coca-Cola
* De Beers
* Deutsche Bank
* Duke Energy
* ExxonMobil
* FedEx
* Ford Motor
* General Electric
* GlaxoSmithKline
* Google
* Halliburton
* Heinz
* Hess
* IBM
* JPMorgan Chase
* Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
* Lockheed Martin
* MasterCard
* McGraw-Hill
* McKinsey
* Merck
* Merrill Lynch
* Morgan Stanley
* Motorola
* NASDAQ
* News Corp
* Nike
* PepsiCo
* Pfizer
* Shell Oil
* Sony Corporation of America
* Tata Group
* Time Warner
* Total S.A.
* Toyota Motor North America
* UBS
* United Technologies
* United States Chamber of Commerce
* U.S. Trust Corporation
* Verizon
* Visa[21]

The Council has been the subject of many conspiracy theories, as shown in the 2006 film by Aaron Russo, America: Freedom to Fascism and a 2007 documentary Zeitgeist, the Movie. This is partly due to the number of high-ranking government officials in its membership, along with world business leaders, its secrecy clauses, and the large number of aspects of American foreign policy that its members have been involved with, beginning with Wilson's Fourteen Points. The John Birch Society believes that the CFR plans a one-world government.[27] Wilson's Fourteen Points speech was the first in which he suggested a worldwide security organization to prevent future world wars.

Not an organization I trust, to put it politely.

TA

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just another piece of the puzzle coming together for a one world government. When are people going to open their eyes and see what is coming

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I concur that the CFR should be reduced in significance. I suspect it can be argued that the nature of the organization is little more than a private club with ideological agendas contrary to the common good.

If I could, I would propose and execute any legal action to challenge the relaxed attitude the government has shown regarding elected officials being members who actively pursue an agenda outside their mandate.

Obviously, part of me being able to do such a thing would require my actually being a person..., as far as they are concerned me, and most others, are simply

"Human Resources".... the 21st century synonym for "slave".

Hmmm, I think I'll make a bumper sticker out of that...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Of course. The CFR is part of the global govt movement and they want to break down all national borders.

new topics

join