It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Completely at a loss: Physical evidence of dream injury

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Definitely looking for some feedback here.

My daughter (now in her early 20's) was napping..., she woke suddenly and with a howl of pain - "Ow!"

There, on her wrist was a set of teeth marks.

She dreamed that someone bit her wrist.

I was there, - she didn't do it herself, and neither did any of my family. We would have seen it.

So tell me..., how does this happen? Why?

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can't answer your question, but if it helps any i do believe that this kind of thing can happen.

When i was about 8, i was dreaming about being in the ancient Egyptian times. I remember that it was a very realistic dream, and for some reason i was tied across an alter of some kind, face down.

This dream kept building up and building up until i dreampt that someone or something stabbed me in the back with a large knife and kind of dragged it down my back.

I let out an almighty scream, and my mum came running into the room. I was reaching for my back out of fright and there was a huge wide scratch down my back. Very red, and not the kind that would have been done by small fingers....like my own.

Can't explain it, but it was certainly freaky.

CX.

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another thing, and an obvious question....has there been any paranormal activity in your daughters house?

It's not unheard of for spirits to mark people.

CX.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Something new! (At least to me.)

What can you tell us about the size of the bite mark? Was it unquestionably not that of a child?

I was also wondering how many others were in the house. Any siblings/guests?

(Just looking for clarification.)

One other thought: have you come across any reports of similar mysteries?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I suppose that a person can physically manifest something like that (or the former) but it's a real kick in the pants when you actually see it happen!

Thanks for making me (and my daughter) feel like we are not alone in this.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

The bite mark was distinctly of a different pattern than my daughters', and we were all in the room as she was reclining peacefully on a sofa napping quietly.

The bite radius seemed distinctly smaller than my daughter's and the house was full so to speak (summer vacations, family of four - no kids in school at the time).

So strange!

I would reveal more, but I don't want to expose the full extent of the weirdness going on in my house within the last few years....

This event however, represents quite a deviation from the normal, non-normal stuff.

Gotta commute. Will contribute more later.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

You know, the OP's story is explainable. But.. yours really isn't.

For the OP. While your daughter might not remember biting her wrist it's entirely possible she did. Does that mean she absolutely did? No. But it is the most logical explanation. However.. Logic might not work with an illogical situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi not directly related but similar enough to warrant a mention.. My wife a while back was learning the basics of Reiki (she is a master now) and one of the methods that she was taught to develop her skills was to do a distance healing, this involved a willing participant and using a doll or a teddy bear which they named as that person and treated the doll with reiki as if that person were there. After the treatment was finished you were to disengage with the toy and make it clear that the toy was no longer that person (hope I'm being clear) a bit like a voodoo doll if you like.. well my wife forgot this part and a week went passed where myself and family kicked this teddy about, it always seemed to be in the way and usually got a boot up and down the stairs.

When my missus spoke with the woman who had volunteered as the guinea pig a week later and asked her if she'd felt anything at the agreed time - she said that she did, she'd felt a great heat in her lower back and that her back (which was the area my wife was focusing on) had felt great ever since.. but that her legs and arms had mysteriously come up in great big bruises all over them without any bumps or bashes they had just appeared over the course of the week and she couldn't explain it. My wife realised what she had done but said nothing...

I thought hey hey this could be quite a good way of giving someone a good beating without getting caught but have yet to do it .. honest.

So I suppose what I am saying in connection to your experience is that there are potential forces at work that can manifest itself in the physical world that we don't fully understand whether it be positive energies such as reiki or negative energies such as bad spirits?

cheers

berth

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Not to sound like an ass or anything, but wheres the physical evidence?

I'm not trying to call you a liar, but I can come here and claim anything I wished.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You are right. But going on past experience I can vouch for Maxmars being a serious, down-to-earth type of poster. (I was pretty taken aback by his OP for this reason.)

Check out his profile/past threads, etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I'm not saying he/she is lying, but when making a claim such as this it would be nice to atleast see a pic of the bite.

I'm more inclined to believe she had a dream and bit herself. The OP wouldn't know if the bite marks where smaller then the daughters bite pattern unless a something was used as referance.

CX

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by CX

You know, the OP's story is explainable. But.. yours really isn't.

To be honest, i just put it down to "maybe" me having scratched it myself during the dream. Except it wasn't the kind of scratch i could have done, even with all of my fingers.

I think i put it down to me doing it, out of a need for an explanation.

That seemed a lot easier.

CX.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thank you all for your thoughts. I understand and sympathize with the hesitant approach and deference to the simplest answer.

I will not belabor the account much further except to say that while she napped she was not alone and people did not see her bite her wrist.

But all things are possible I suppose.

Should something new develop I will share.

By the way I have a poor quality phone-camera pic of the bite, but it is relatively pointless to post since it is clear it will not prove anything other than she has a bite mark, which I'm sure most will be more comfortable with accepting as self-inflicted.

Odd, I never expected to be in a position to have to 'prove' anything. But I guess that is the nature of the board.

Be well.

MM

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i just want to be the first one to say
THIS IS SOME FREDDY KRUEGER # MANG.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ok i will try to explain this.
i have done this all my life.

last one being last week.
i am a big guy..well in my dream i has 3 guys holding me down
and 1 that drove a big nail threw the side of my feet on the inside part of foot.

i woke up with wife standing at foot of the bed at the pc.

said what's wrong..i said look at my feet woman.
to big bruises with a big indention in the side of my feet.
as if where the guy put a nail in both my feet..
creepy i know ...

but i have come to link it with i wake up sometime's..and i know i am awake but i see what i was dreaming...and sometimes i get freaked out and no idea what to do.
panice for lack of word's.

so what ever causes it is linked to my other problem.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
i just want to be the first one to say
THIS IS SOME FREDDY KRUEGER # MANG.

Harsh! I sure hope not!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

This is the first time for anyone I know. I'm hoping the last too!

I hope you don't have to go through that a lot.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by TheAmused

This is the first time for anyone I know. I'm hoping the last too!

I hope you don't have to go through that a lot.

i do it roughly once a month.with bruises mostly.from the dream

the dreams i can't tell if im awake or asleep...but i know im awake..hard to explain..
i do 3 times a year roughly.

If ya kid ever wake's up and shake's as if cold or frozen for no reason you know it's exact same thing.

i remember once i was a kid i know i was dreaming ..but in my dream i knocked my dad's new tv off the stand...
i jumped out of bed and relized i jumped out of bed...
screaming omg omg i broke the tv..for over 15 minute's.

my dad was wtf wrong with you boy lol

i sit and rocked myself in a panic for another 5 minute's trying to get my bearing's.

i am not crazy nor on any medication my whole life.

but id watch for that type of stuff in ya kid.
cause ever person i talked to that get's bruises or mark's from there dreams.
has done sorta what i described to ya at some point.

it's sorta like sleep walking but ya know ya awake...and you see both same time..but can't grasp which is real or not...and everything tell ya the dream is more real...best way to describe it...
i hope that help's

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well its not uncommon for dreams to have a physical affect/effect on people. Its basic psychology, if the dream was vivid and real enough, then psychologically she would have felt the pain and if it was vivid enough that psychological side could have turned it into reality, leaving a physical mark. For instance with dreams pertaining to sex, the dreamer often feels 'pleasure' from them because psychologically the dreamer is in a deep enough state of mind to create a psychological fantasy that can cross into reality. Basically it goes to show the true power of the human mind. But this is in NO way spirits or demons, I know better and this is not the case. What your daughter experienced was a psychological reality conjured from a dream.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Definitely looking for some feedback here.

My daughter (now in her early 20's) was napping..., she woke suddenly and with a howl of pain - "Ow!"

There, on her wrist was a set of teeth marks.

She dreamed that someone bit her wrist.

I was there, - she didn't do it herself, and neither did any of my family. We would have seen it.

So tell me..., how does this happen? Why?

Could have been a dream that your daughter believed was real.

The mind is a powerful thing in many more ways than most people believe.

I have had vivid dreams and continue to do so for as long as I remember. If I were to post even some of the not so strange things it would raise eyebrows on even this site.

I mean, when I get extremely angry light bulbs explode that are near to me, cds explode in players and cars fail to run properly when I sit in them. When I am happy electrical things work that were broken, I can tell what people are thinking, I can see what I can only describe as reverse deja vu of what is to come and when I touch things I can see there paths. My dreams tell me what is to come or of bad things that are going to happen depending on my mood.

Thats not even the tip of the iceberg but most people would just say im crazy because they do not understand. Even I do not quite understand it and have attempted to post about it before. How can you speak to anyone who does not experience the same thing though? Often when trying to even describe it, it is extremely difficult because even I do not understand it.

Just tell your daughter not to take dreams so seriously if this is what it seems to be or she could hurt herself unintentionally.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join