It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONe of the best UFO videos i think I have ever seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Wow. I dunno if this has been posted about before, but when I saw this video I was impressed. It's hosted on the Coast to Coast site, you can read the story behind the footage there. Watch at least 3/4 of the way through the video to get the full effect. THe part that really wows me is when the sphere is completely visible when it comes out from behind the clouds, and you can see the beam of energy appearing to shoot down into the ground.

Now admittedly, my opinion is not at all professional, and I am relatively new to studying the UFO phenomenon, but this footage I find really impressive. What do you guys think? Any idea as to what it could be? Do you think it's faked? Ball lightning?

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by spngsambigpants]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
it's an interesting clip, I don't know what to make to make of it, it doesn't look like a ufo as in the traditional sense as we know of it...at first I thought the sun was rising, but after reading the guy's claim that it was 2am...i just don't know what to think....but is it possible it could have been a comet, meteor or some other space debris, maybe a missile or shuttle launch???

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Noory sometimes has pictures and videos on his site that are without a doubt fake. Abd there are times that he does have solid material that falls into the unexplainable category. It's always hit or miss with him.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Beam? No. Notice that the "beam" goes away as the camera pans back.

Just like the ball of light moves as the camera does.

If you ask me, it was shot durrin the day, while the sun was behind the clouds, and whoever shot the video, had the wrong setting on to make it appear as if it was filmed at night.

Sorta like when you take a photo with a camera, and its well lit, the picture will still be dark sometimes.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wellll...I have never seen a missle launch like that one. From the little bit of the "fireball" that I could see when it broke free of the clouds it did not seem to have any type of exhaust gases, but it seemed at the very beginning of the clip that there was a house or building of some sort in the frame, could have been an out building but he said he was out in his "north forty"

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hmm, based on the things I've heard about, and other possible explanations/theories, it's most likely a rocket/missle/test vehicle, that beam shooting down could be just a lighr effect, like when oyu look at the sun and you see a beam shoot out at you or some other direction. It just happens to beam down in the video. I'd say this isn't genuine UFO footage.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
Beam? No. Notice that the "beam" goes away as the camera pans back.

Just like the ball of light moves as the camera does.

If you ask me, it was shot durrin the day, while the sun was behind the clouds, and whoever shot the video, had the wrong setting on to make it appear as if it was filmed at night.

Sorta like when you take a photo with a camera, and its well lit, the picture will still be dark sometimes.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

I can see what you mean, but the direction from which the light comes obviously starts at ground level, and slowly moves upwards and to the right of the camera. The light source is also seen rising up beyond the overhead cloud layer. It's not the sun because it takes place much too quickly, and it's obviously not time-lapse. I was completely off with the 'beam' thing though.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
Wellll...I have never seen a missle launch like that one. From the little bit of the "fireball" that I could see when it broke free of the clouds it did not seem to have any type of exhaust gases, but it seemed at the very beginning of the clip that there was a house or building of some sort in the frame, could have been an out building but he said he was out in his "north forty"

Yeah, I see what you are talking about also. I would post a frame of it blown-up in size, but my printscreen/clipboard function sint working properly for some reason. Anyway, it's particularly visible if you look at the first second or so of the video at full-screen. There is clearly something artificial there. However, I think it could jsut as easily be his tent or something, as it could be a structure.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I was thinking missile launch as well, but the absence of an exhaust vapor trail kind of rules that out. So then I thought the same about it being filmed during the day with a dark filter, but when the "object" breaks through the clouds the piercing light plus the fact that there is very little movement of the cloud base makes me think the "object" moved in the sky within a matter of seconds compared to minutes if it was the sun rising.

I think the "object" is real, but I believe the last few seconds showing either a white beam or some sort of marking line was added in after the fact to make the movie either more "interesting" or purposly to make the movie less credible for debunking purposes.

link   

Originally posted by Socalbmx
Hmm, based on the things I've heard about, and other possible explanations/theories, it's most likely a rocket/missle/test vehicle, that beam shooting down could be just a lighr effect, like when oyu look at the sun and you see a beam shoot out at you or some other direction. It just happens to beam down in the video. I'd say this isn't genuine UFO footage.

I think you forget that UFO means Unidentified Flying Object. If it is unidentifiable, and flying in the air, it's genuine UFO footage.

link   
Looks pretty real to me. And about the "beam". On the cameras of late, with the little screens, I think this is like flaring. For example, I just got a new digital camera, and I aimed it at my halogen lights in my room, and on the little screen there was a blue beam coming from the light to the ground. However, it ONLY happend at a certain angle and height above the ground. I tried to take a picture of it, but when I looked at the picture, it wasn't there.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I like it, it really confused me. I'm no professional either but I wouldn't buy it being a missile launch, I've seen some before and this light seemed too broad, shining in all directions, to be from a missile/rocket or projectile.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I have had this video for some time now, but didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to myself. I have shortened up the video clip because of size but the look on the animal's faces gives me a chill to this day.

Man, this always pisses me off. If there's more to the story, than it should ALWAYS be shown, especially with something this controversial! I would certainly like to see the animals' 'look', that would certainly gain the piece credibility.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
And thats the hook ... that's what they want you to feel ...

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador

I have had this video for some time now, but didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to myself. I have shortened up the video clip because of size but the look on the animal's faces gives me a chill to this day.

Man, this always pisses me off. If there's more to the story, than it should ALWAYS be shown, especially with something this controversial! I would certainly like to see the animals' 'look', that would certainly gain the piece credibility.

Yeah, that's really the the thing that tells me he's fos. He waits ten years - yes I can relate to that part. But then he decides to release & he doesn't make the rest of the video available in any way. It's not like he has to pay for the bandwidth or anything. I'm sure Coast to Coast or some other site woud be happy to host his full 8 minute video. Unless he's planning on releasing the rest of it later for whatever reason this guys "I've shortend up the video because of the size" doesn't add up or make sense. If he's was afraid of anyone or anything for releasing it he could have done it anonymously.

Definately an interesting video, but without more video it's pretty useless. The fact that is was important enough to save would mean he knew exactly when it was, but declined to tell us, so we can't check the time for any recorded events in the area at that time.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm undecided on this one. I want to believe it's real, But I have a feeling that it's fake.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's one of the oldest digital camera trick in the world. It is very easy to do these movies, just get a new digital camera or camcorder and play a bit with the settings for the light.

I achieved results that look like a moving ufo armada, though it were just some arranged lights at daytime.

And it look like filmed in space

How can you exactly see it is just some light adjustment? Watch from 0:43 to the end.

You will see it is very dark first but suddendly comes "bright" again then gets dark again.

This is what happened to my records as well, which is caused when you e.g. loose focus on what you set your light settings on. And it is no flash as well, it is suddendly bright, from one from to another which is just a mistake with digital recording.

This guy is a liar.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think AnonymousPoster4 is correct, the ball of light looks like a reflection and moves with the camera. In my opinion this is the sun behind the clouds and the camera is compensating for the brightness.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well then thanks for debunking it for me

Good to know what's genuinely unidentifiable and what isn't.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's almost 15 years old, and its been edited too.

Also, whatever the web page may claim, it is really all heresay. The time it was shot, the place, the date..

First impression, sun behind the clouds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join