It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guru Dialogues X (The Humility of Nothing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Seeker – So here we are again. You are the so called guru, and I am the so called seeker. You have said that your role as a guru in this relationship is not important, and that you are, at best, a mirror for my realization. I guess that ties into the whole humility aspect of it. You’ve mentioned humility many times. It seems central to this whole thing.

Guru – Yes, there should be great humility, limitless humility. But realize that this is not a mentally or conceptually supported humility. To have this humility, to BE this humility, you must move past conceptual humility to the real thing. This is complete and total humility.

Seeker – Total humility because there is no more ego?

Guru – Yes, in part. The willingness to stop seeking signals immanent awakening because it indicates a willingness to stop trying to feed the ego with spiritual goodies. This is the awakening of true humility. You realize that you, with your marvellous mind, cannot find what you are looking for. You see that the ego, with its desire to position itself at the top of the spiritual heap, must be abandoned. You see clearly that there is nothing for you in this that your mind can quantify. There is nothing for you in this that your ego can take pleasure or pain from. The acceptance of this is true humility. False humility is believing that you are a lowly little spiritual seeker and you must find your way to realization. Even in this thought there is the hope of eventual spiritual superiority. This is nothing but ego fodder.

Seeker – What if I stop searching and just give up? Then I just turn away from enlightenment all together.

Guru – seeing the futility in the search is necessary, but giving up is something else. Complete sincerity, true earnestness must remain after you have abandoned the search. The genuine and unconditional love of what is must remain. This is what will bring you to awareness.

Seeker – Seeking can be fun, though. I guess that’s the problem.

Guru – The spiritual section of the book store is both the foundation and the crack coc aine of the spiritual community. It helps many, but it becomes an amusement park for many others, a diversion. No, the greatest humility is the humility of nothing. The willingness to stop and simply be the realization you seek. Sounds easy doesn’t it?

Seeker - Actaully no.

Guru - Perhaps it is too easy.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I enjoyed this. Thanks for posting it. Sometimes I imagine much shorter but similar conversations with myself. Not always convinced whether it is entirely imagination that answers because honestly, they kind of pop up on me!. Ya, I know, should probably get that checked out.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The inner guru has been a wonderful teacher for me.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You should write a whole book, like the Conversations with God book, but way better and less hoakey.

you could call it "The Inner Guru" or something like that..

To get it onto the spiritual bookshelves, make millions and become famous!!!

[edit on 13-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Well, I'll just keep going until the dialogues stop. I wrote this one partly as a resonse to your current thread. You are very close.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread.
Lately I have been pondering about the meaning of humility but I could not really understand it. I think I was relying to much in the concept presented on the dictionary.

Now I understand much better, thank for the knowledge!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

You're very welcome friend. The most simple stuff is often the hardest to realize.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've heard it said that true and authentic humility, is to know one's self as you truly are.

The modern meaning of the word which generally comes to mind has been distorted, as meek, or weak, or submissive - but it could be just the oppposite if the situation called for it. Jesus' fury with the temple priests comes to mind here.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Yes, direct awareness of the self brings true humility, and, as you say, it has nothing to do with the egoic fantasies of being better than or worse than someone or something else. Humility, then, has absolutely no relationship to ego.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
hmmm... i used to want to astral project to maybe attain knowledge of enlightenment but now i think it doesn't require movement to reach enlightenment for its always present. on the same note i still want to astral project like you said for amusement.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes!! These are quite lovely. I should think that no response would BE the ultimate shown gratitude considering the calibre and quality of the topic posted.

S+F'd =)

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Since humility seems to involve human relations, there can be no better expression of it, than

Namaste

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Since humility seems to involve human relations, there can be no better expression of it, than

Namaste
whats namaste??

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

Namaste
whats namaste??

Google it.

It means something like "I honor the place in you which shares the same ground of being as the place in me"
It is said with a slight bow, hands pressed together. I can be used as a greating or a departure.

bowing, with hands pressed together,

Namiste

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice

Namaste
whats namaste??

Namaste = The Light in Me recognizes the Light in You!

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste!

Erik

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

I quite like that the discussion around this thread ended with talk about the meaning of Namaste. It sums up everything.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
reply to post by redwoodjedi

I quite like that the discussion around this thread ended with talk about the meaning of Namaste. It sums up everything.

Yes! That was quite lovely, wasn't it?

I Am, We Are, All Is, One Being

=)Namaste

Erik

top topics

join