It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TinWiki: Beast of Gevaudan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Beast Of Gevaudan occured 240 years ago between 1764 untill 1767,prowled in the Provence of Gevaudan France (now Lozère/Auvergne area). Responsible for killing over 100 men, women and children. Every effort to stop this beast failed,King Louis XVI - took a personal interest in this case and decided that some of his troops(hunters) should dress up in women to act like bait,under the control of Captain Duhamel. The hunters had encounters with the beast and fired at it, but the beast always managed to escape.

The beast has been described as;

• Much bigger than a wolf, the size of a donkey.
  • The muscle approach of a calf.
  • Very long coat, reddish in color,the character of a black back streaked.
  • Ears small and straight.
  • Breast is wide and gray.
  • Feet are armed with talons.
  • Head large, with his large mouth with sharp teeth.

External Links

What Was the Beast of Gevaudan?
Unknown Creatures, Beast Of Gevaudan.
The Cryptid Zoo: Beast of Gevaudan.