It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me with interpreting this dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ok first of all sorry if this is the wrong board but I thought it fits well here.

I am not saying that my dream holds any great truth but I woke up more confused than ever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the dream I was working in a warehouse type environment I dont know what my job was but you will see that this type of place does not fit in with the context of the dream. As I was going about my duties (what ever they were) a young man with shoulder length hair and glasses dressed in black stopped me and asked if I could find an "Elder" and give him a silver dollar which he handed to me and ask him to come and talk to the younger man.

I took elder to mean a man of wisdom and knowledge and not affiliated to any religion although the young man and older man reminded me of Mormons that I have met.

I knew where the elder was and when I found him he was also dressed in black with a white shirt. I asked him could he follow me and speak to the young man. He accepted and when I gave him the silver dollar he then gave me a 50 pence piece (not a fifty cent piece although I dont think this has any major significance).

I suspected that the younger man was going to ask questions or be schooled by the older man so I decided to ask the older man if God existed.

He looked like he was not expecting the question and declined to reply but I suspected he knew something.

We then met the younger man and I again asked the older man if God existed or is our life and universe a purely mathematical occurrence ( forgive me if this is too simplistic a description). The dream then faded leaving me with no answers and more confused.

I do think that some dreams contain information or are processing information for you. I dont think of this as a spiritual dream because it did not have that feeling.

It left me feeling bewildered. If any one would like to add their thoughts then please do, I would appreciate it.

Any one wanting to ridicule please move along.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Coming from someone who never dreams (and when I do- once every year or so, it is usually extremely brief, such as a person saying one thing to me- and that's it)- it seems to me that this dream is a physical manifestation of your growing thirst for knowledge.

Keep in mind that dreams are a fruition of your own desires- in your own mind. To look for external motivation may lead you on a path of self-destruction (denying your own intuitions that are exposing themselves through vivid dreams).

I would focus on what your mind could be telling you about yourself. Maybe you have seen those men recently (think of where you might have seen people dressed like that) and your mind is pondering what kind of purpose they might serve. Maybe you admire them and want to learn more from them.

Very interesting, indeed! I would start by getting to the bottom of those men- who are they? What organization do they represent and/or belong to? What is the agenda of their affiliation?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Don't put your trust into dream books... those are so generalized and very biased towards specific psychological teachings.

I would have to agree with ninecrimes; only you will be able to solve this, as it came from your mind and your beliefs. Sure, it is helpful to ask others what they might think, but nothing will fit or seem right until you figure it out.

However, I will ask this: was this a lucid dream, were you aware that you were (or should be) sleeping, or was it more of what others would describe as being a dream? If it was just a dream, then I would first start looking at what you were doing / watching a couple hours before going to bed... you may never know what might turn up.

But if the dream felt more real than what it should, then by all means I shall be more than happy to help you figure it out.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't read dream interpertation books as I agree they are too generalised and for me to post this dream on ats says something in itself.

It was a lucid dream, I was very alert and I can remember a lot of details.

I felt a bit cheated because I felt that the answer to my question was right there and kind of slipped away. The saying "on the tip of my tongue" comes to mind.

I understand also that the meaning to my dream will come from within myself. Asking others for help is kind of like jogging my memory or helping me remember of find the answer.

A good suggestion from you Ninecrimes is that I should look at the two characters more, what they mean to me.

The younger man was a student of some sort and the older while not being a teacher was some one with knowledge, knowledge he did not want to share with me for some reason. He went? somewhere with the younger guy and left me hanging there spluttering trying to get an answer to my question.

It also amuses me because the silver dollar also has the some significance and is a very stereotypical dream situation. Strange young guys gives silver dollar to seeker of truth guy who has to find old wise man for answers etc etc.

I do have some very interesting dreams, I once had a dream of the oracle of Delphi which I was not consciously aware of ( I do however watch a lot of documentary shows and history fascinates me). So I understand why you might ask about what I was watching before that but I am aware of those influences.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A monk once told me that you cannot bargain with God. I think the money in the dream represents your desire to find the meaning of life. When you got back the wrong change that was the irony of life.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Hahaha great!! What a response thank you that has given me an angle. They say not to take dreams literally but some times the simplest explanation can work. I could be reading too much into it but now its seems clearer to me.

The young man is looking for the answer too and he pays the old man a silver dollar (very symbolic and nearly archetypal) who hands back the wrong change (I was very aware now come to think of it that it was very definitely the wrong change). I have a feeling however that the dream holds more information. I will think on it some more.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Overly simplistic here, but...

Perhaps it, the dream, is a matter of you needing to find your own path. Allow me to explain...

In the dream, you had a young man (how close in age is he to you?) seeking an Elder; when asked if you knew of one, you replied yes, and that you would bring him back.

You found the Old Man, and believing that he was a teacher. Although you never once sought him out for yourself, you began to question him anyway... which is why he probably refused to answer you.

As to the money... the young man paid for the elder's advice, not you (again, explains why he didn't respond). The returning of a 50 pence was just a way of paying you for your trouble of locating him. ALSO (major emphasis here) note that the Old One returned HALF the money, which you also could have refused, or offered back to the Old One for his council.

I would say that the next time you dream, you find the Old Man, give him the money he gave you, and then try to ask a question.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Very insightful Soothsayer, When I think about it I knew the question the young man wanted to ask (the same question I asked) so I decided to ask the old man, you are quite correct. The young man was a little younger than me but I don't think it was much of a difference.

If I dream about the old man again I will try and return the money. And I think I will start on my own path.

Soothsayer I think this is for you. - Hands Soothsayer a silver dollar -

Thank you very much for helping me. I don't know how I can help you but if you do need help all you have to do is ask.

new topics

top topics

join