It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want to be "abducted?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is a philosophical thread about a desire for a experience. Its a hypothetical question that may question if you even would want to experience a abduction, or visitation, however you wish to phrase it.

Setup:
You are standing in a field and a flying saucer ship comes down...doors open and your favorite type of alien comes out (lets say a nord). Offers you a trip around the galaxy.

You accept...go on, and for the next few weeks, you experience the most mindblowing experience you can possibly imagine..from the edges of the galaxy, alien worlds, foods, pleasures, mysterys, etc...you travel through time to watch the big bang and before, to the ends of existance and watch as the last star flicker out into existance, you cross dimensions, etc...you meet beings akin to angels...everything you could ever even ponder has been seen.
They take you back to your home, your time, and drop you off, noting only a half hour has passed since you left. They wave and zoom off.

Now...there you are. no proof, gone only a half hour, and will never see them again. the epic things you have seen weighing on your mind for the rest of your life, knowing that anyone you told would either not believe you (not really...some may believe that you believe kind of thing), or some may believe you...but those usually also believe in unicorns and fairys...which is fairly unsatisfying.

Imagine the feeling of general isolationism you would get after awhile...seeing what you seen.
Would you want the experience without any way to prove what you have seen, altering your life forever and potentially destroying any and all binds you had to this current state of reality.

Before snapping to a "yes" verdict...consider what your past has proven to you. When you were a toddler, tiny flecks of color amused you for hours...as you grew into a child, simple cartoons...then you experienced more and the things that used to amuse you no longer did...your tastes grew with new input.
Imagine now, in your age, after experiencing the internet, books, complex programs, etc...everything was taken away from you for good and you were put back, with your mindset now, with only flecks of color to entertain you for the rest of your life. would it drive you over the edge of sanity?

Anyhow...whatcha think...how would you find life purpose after such life altering events...how would you keep your sanity

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sign me up please. This is much like the question I posed my friends over the weekend of if you could know how and when you were going to die, would you want to know. I was the only one who said I would.

ignorance is not bliss for me and being able to know so much and with 100% certainty would be amazing I think. I don't really care if I have proof or not because me internally knowing is enough and I can help others make wise choices without giving them all the facts. There is many things I know as true after seeing for myself and not having proof that have opened my eyes to new things and I don't need proof of these to know they were true.

My view is that I'm hear to grow as an individual and to help others be better people, sometimes that means leading the horse to the water with a carrot but not needing to tell the horse about the water or even that it will be thirsty.

Fun question, now come pick me up please.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The experience you hypothesized about sounds very enlightening, Saturn, and I suspect there are many of us that would go, even knowing we wouldn't be allowed to keep any proof of the experience.

However, that's a far, far cry from an abduction, as I understand them. An abduction, akin to forcible kidnapping. Not an experience that is voluntary, not an enjoyable experience, and according to a raft of abductees, a horrifying and damaging experience.

I wouldn't want to be abducted. Just the thought of it makes me want to lock all the doors and sleep with the lights on.

Contactees are whom I think you are talking about, as opposed to abductees. I think some contactees are very vocal and outward with their experiences, whereas abductees apparently often don't know for quite some time what has happened to them, and at that, they are apparently more likely to not say anything about it.

Both experiences unproven, thus far, IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No way. I'd like someone I know to be abducted, that I trust, to know that it really happens. But I'm way too paranoid and nervous and I worry too much. I'd go psycho.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
sounds like a dmt experience

or what I've been reading about them.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by InThisTwilight]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Of course Id want to exparience all of that! And just because Ive gotten to experience all of that doesn't automatically mean that Earthly pleasures become less of a rush. Sex and love would still rule, and so would that cheeseburger from my favorite joint. Seeing astounding things will only dull Earthy experiences if those experiences werent fullfilling to you in the first place. Thats what I think. Because if I went on a spaceship and did all the things you proposed, I would still enjoy A NY Mets world championship because that's an Earthly pleasure that I love. The outer realms of existence do not dictate to me what's enjoyable. It's merely a way to know that there's a lot more out there to experience. But that's just me. I love cheeseburgers and Met wins. lol

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
But in so far as being abducted.....no way. Im not getting probed or havin my man milk taken from me without consent! That's way uncool. I like to be respected, not forced.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sign me up for the space trip as well. Even though coming back to boring old sick twisted earth I could find some comfort in the fact that there's way more to life than our little dust spec . Then til my dying days i would try and reverse every piece of technology that they showed me hehehehe.

Abductions might be scary but i guess it would all depend on what flavour grabbed you.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i would.... imaging seeing this kind of stuff in ur lifetime instead of ur grate-great-grate-grandkids when aliens are the NEWS of the past... at least you got to see it ((in my opinion))

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I much prefer an invitiation for all expenses paid vacation around the solar system, complete with vidoes and souvenirs. Abductions appear to be mostly missing time and screen memories and nightmares of surgical events without and painkillers.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As long as there is no probes involved I am all for getting abducted/visited. I would much rather be cruising around the universe then watching people endlessly bicker over things of no relevance.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ooooh, that sounds like it would be great fun! I would have to go with the aliens. I think, though, that I would be even more jaded afterward, having seen worlds more beautiful than this one. But that's a small price to pay, and I'm not mentally or emotionally unstable, so I think I could handle that part.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Most deffinitely yes, no matter how my life would look like after that.
It would be huge, life-altering experience that would forever change the way I view life, people, the situation on our planet.
I think I would still enjoy life on this planet. I also think I would be trying more to help people. Knowing that there is something outthere, something good and friendly, that we all could make that trip someday if we work on it, would motivate me to try a bit harder to improve the world.

However, I do not wish to experience the typical abduction most people descibe, the medical experiments, forced impregnation, aborted children, life-long trauma. That I most certainly do not want.
If those stories are true then I hope that we find a way to fly to space and kick their collective behinds for torturing us all these years.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The word abducted implies no choice. No trip around the galaxy, no secret of warp drive, no mind blowing revelations. And if lucky, stale freeze dried food. Despite my desire for such a wild experience, before I went, I would want to negotiate terms. Silly perhaps, but at the top of my list would be "you can forget about the anal probe"

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It would really depend on the terms of the Abduction. If there was going to be interaction involved, then yes I would very much like to meet beings from another world and have a chat. However, if the experience is that of a scientific experiment where I was to be poked and prodded then definitely not. Of course if they wanted a DNA sample, all they would have to do is ask.

new topics

top topics

join