It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA tells members to get ready for days ahead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6128dfe6a6e7.png[/atsimg]

“Are you ready for the tough fight ahead we’re gonna face to keep our freedoms?” said NRA’s Executive Director Wayne LaPierre to a room packed with members in Phoenix. “Because considering what our freedoms are going to be up against we all need to be ready,” he said as people cheered.

The NRA is using news media interviews against high level politicians to “expose” the threat they present to the Second Amendment. Playing short news clips of Senator Dianne Feinstein, Attorney General Eric Holder, President Obama, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton being interviewed on various TV networks, LaPierre cautioned NRA members of the “the damn lies” that “keep coming” and that will result in banning guns in the country.

newsjunkiepost.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nra.org...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't have a gun, personally, but I do support the right of all (non-felons) to have guns.

I don't know what's coming, but nothing sounds positive.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The way it seems now, not much seems to be happening in terms of new "gun control" legislation. The dems in Congress know it's dangerous politically for them to go after guns. However, the way things are going nowadays, they may not have to. There is something going on with the supply of ammunition in the United States. It's crazy. Prices are through the roof, and some stores are completely out of stock. The huge Bass Pro Shops in Georgia was totally sold out of handgun caliber ammunition over the weekend. There were a couple boxes of .25 auto and .357 Sig, but everything else was gone. Creepy. Totally out of stock. You could buy all the guns you wanted- but good luck if you want to put anything in it. Without ammunition, guns are just expensive paper weights.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They have this health care fight to win first. if that doesn't go well (and it might not pass) they will have to rethink their illegal process of our disarmament. Look for the micro stamping bills to be touted in many states as well and the old 'Cop Killer' bullet gambit, and a few minor tweaks to concealed carry in some states to get the ball rolling. They are dead set upon whittling us down piece by piece. They have no intention of trying a full court press yet but they have that in their minds for sure! This next election in 2010 will be what makes the difference. Look to your local elections and fight to get those in your state to be profirearm! One day a month go and help out with the phones and cal folks to get them to vote for the cause you believe in!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Look for the micro stamping bills to be touted in many states as well and the old 'Cop Killer' bullet gambit, and a few minor tweaks to concealed carry in some states to get the ball rolling. They are dead set upon whittling us down piece by piece.
Zindo

I agree with your statement.

Congress is rather wary of direct confrontation with this nation's oldest civil rights organization (NRA) which also happens to have the largest membership of any civil rights group at 4 million+.

I suspect that they will try to implement bits of seemingly innocuous legislation in an attempt to "backdoor" this crap into existence.

I have several current threads that present info about what in happening in the California Legislature in regards to limiting the amount of ammo one may legally purchase and stepping-stone legislation leading to the banning of gun shows on public property.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This could be the sort of thing we could expect to see migrate eastward if it passes in California IMO.

I suspect that this garbage legislation won't go over very well in the South though.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
not worried just yet- i have the guns and ammo i need and they better not come after them, if they do they will have a fight on their hands. if i die so be it but i gaurantee there will be more than 1 dead person!
why won't us people bond together and stand up and demand impeachment for treason-- which is punishable by hanging- and bring these corrupted people to their downfall? i have pretty much been taxed out of existence by rich people who can vote their own raisesand it is my money that pays them so they can live a cushie life thanks to me
what ever happened to taxation without representation? opps sorry doesn't count because it is in the constitution. duh
i am tired of my rights being trampled on- time to tell big brother to back the f off leave me alone
where is my bailout for billions of $$'s? oops i'm not rich to begin with so i don't desrve it!!
where is my new chevy truck? i paid for it so i want one- and i want a 4wd
now we have satomayor-a known racist- who will be on the supreme court
we have a president who won't even prove he is a citizen.
how much more can we take?
i am tired of the way this country is heading
why does he try to throw out our constitution but defend the ex-prez of honduras who was legally removed after the supreme court, the people, and the military all deemed he was a traitor?
whyoes he defend iranians right to protest but if we do in americawe are deemed low level terrorists when it is my 1st amendment right to protest and have free speech?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Obama being elected president has done more for gun and ammo sales than terror could ever do. Seriously, if I were a gun mfr or dealer I would be donating so much money to the Obama 2012 re-election fund because it will pay off x10.

Yes, the big bad liburals are comming to get yer guns! Buy more, hide them away! Did you see the bill they just passed to take your guns from your hands?? Wait, they didn't. Hmmmm.... well, buy more guns anyway!

Sure, crime does go up in a bad economy, so that is probably helping sales but I would say NRA and all of the gun sales lobby are getting quite a kick out of this 'panic'.

Mental note: Buy shares in Sturm, Ruger & Company (RGR), or Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (SWHC) if Obama gets re-elected.
RGR Stock: Jan 20, 2009 $6.02
RGR Stock: July 14, 2009 $12.34

SWHC Stock: Jan 20, 2009 $2.45
SWHC Stock: July 14, 2009 $5.61

I seriously missed the boat. If you look at the 1yr chart for RGR and SWHC, you can see the direct impact this type of fear-lobbying has had since the inauguration.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Cerberus Capital Management is the stock to buy, They own, among others,

DPMS
Bushmaster
Remington
Marlin
L.C.Smith
Harrington and Richardson
Cobb manufacturing