It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff on the Move, Shipped to Unknown Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Madoff on the Move, Shipped to Unknown Prison

www.cnbc.com

Bernie Madoff, 71, has been released from the Metropolitan Corrections Center in New York City and is en route to an undisclosed prison, where he is sentenced to spend the next 150 years.

Ira Sorkin, Madoff's attorney, requested his client be sent to Otisville, a facility in upstate New York. However, Madoff's final destination has not been released to the public.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not sure what they mean by this article. Do they mean we will never know what prison he is going to or that they will tell us later.

I always assumed they would fake his death and get him out of the country but if this is the "new" thing to do then this could be a trend.

If they ever catch a "big fish" white collar criminal. Just send him to an undisclosed prison.

Maybe they will tell the public later but if it remains undisclosed that will be very interesting.

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Ha, ha! So nobody ever makes predictions on this site that come true. A couple of weeks ago I wrote on this site that Madoff would go in the front door of the prison and out the back.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is just the way they handle "high value" criminals. It is so people can't hijack the bus he is on and help him escape.

When he gets to the place where is going we will know.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hmm, something is telling me he's being shipped off to a secret island somewhere in Oceania to live off the rest of his days.

There's no way 'they' would have let Madoff go to jail, much less even let live, because the things Madoff knew would probably have had buried a lot of people at the top.

I knew something was up when they let Madoff go to his last court appointment in his business suit instead of these orange jumpsuits every other criminal has to use.

They have to protect each other, lest all of them fall.

Guess people are going to get ripped off again, unfortunately.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Fox Business just reported that Madoff is headed here:

Federal Correctional Complex, Butner, NC

[edit on 2009/7/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Good stuff found a link looks like they are sending him to jail. I guess we just wait for him to fake his death in a month or so and then he goes to hang with
Ken Lay on a tropical island somewhere or in Israel.

Madoff Moves to Prison in N.C.

Convicted ponzi swindler Bernard Madoff has left New York's Metropolitan Correctional Center and is taking up new digs at a federal prison in North Carolina, where he will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

top topics

join