It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does A Panther Really Roam Harnett County? Big Cat Sightings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Does A Panther Really Roam Harnett County? Big Cat Sightings

www.dunndailyrecord.com

When folks hear the word panther, the Carolina Panthers' football team may come to mind. But for some in the Angier area, a real panther occupies their thoughts.

Angier resident Edwin Liles and his fianceé, Kitty Woods, were driving along Benson Road near the Pea Ridge community July Fourth when they said they saw a black panther on the shoulder of the road.

The large animal was apparently eating a deer hit by a motorist.

"My fiancée spotted it first. We had just left a July Fourth celebration and were driving along when, all of a sudden, she asked me if I saw it," Mr. Liles
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have heard about these sightings before but I never imagined that it would be in my back yard. (not literally, but damn close) I have a friend from this town (it's about 15 miles away) and his cat was shredded by a pack of coyotes. His wife was unlucky enough to see it happen. I am a bit confused as to how a creature this big could go unnoticed for so long. Or maybe he hasn't been here long, I don't know. I guess the next logical question would be do you think he tastes like chicken?

www.dunndailyrecord.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join