It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to be in broadcast booth during baseball all-star game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Rook1545

Originally posted by jd140
Let him go to all the sporting events he wants.

As long as he is at a sporting event he can't think of new ways to waste more money.

Yeah because he was the one that started this whole mess, and the giving away of money to everyone who was "entitled" to it

Maybe if they previous guys had gone to more sporting events, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Didn't say he started it did I?

But just because someone before him did it doesn't mean that he should be given a free pass to practice the same behavior.

Stop jumping up and down, pointing fingers at Bush and cry "Bush did it first". Tantrums should be reserved for toddlers only.

And you are starting to be one of the biggest toddlers on here. You throw little tantrums anytime Obama or any left wing person draws breath.

How was he supposed to not carry it on? He was left in no position to stop it. You can't just stop something in the middle. If he would have done that, you would have been on here crying your little cry "Waaa, Obama is responsible for the complete failure of our country because he stopped giving money to the sectors that needed it".

The guy was going to be at the ball game anyway. So he goes and sits in the booth for a while. Who really cares? Other than those who think he needs to squirrelled away in his office 24/7. Put it this way, if you had tickets to the game, and they offered you a seat in the booth for a few innings would you turn it down? Forget jobs and titles for a second and think, if you were a huge baseball fan, would you turn down that offer?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We aren't talking about watching a game or being a fan. Nothing in the world wrong with that. We are talking about the president of the united states taking Air Force One, initiating all the security and press entourage going into the booth during the all-star baseball game in order to get some more tv coverage. It's a bit like the date weekend to new york. nothing wrong with doing it except for all the baggage/cost. no idea what kind of security issues will be raised by this.

To say he is in love with himself is a massive understatement. and someone said he is fulfilling all his fantasies. for sure! i bet he will do something similar at a basketball game next winter. he likes to get on tv in situations where people will indulge him rather than question him.

considering that this man (and by man i include his handlers) carefully stages even his press conferences to make sure he gets the questions he wants to answer, i'm sure he has some very specific message to convey. or maybe something he wants to distract from.

or he thinks this way he can say he gave an interview to Fox. there's been some muttering about his negative remarks about fox for not supporting him like other media. after this appearance he can honestly say he granted an unprecedentedly personal interview to fox. maybe nobody will notice that it was fox sports instead of fox news, and get off his back about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I have been pretty fair where Obama is concerned.

I really don't give a damn if he goes to a baseball game. Which is why I said let him go.

Rant and rave all you want in defense of his spending. Doesn't change the fact that the money was spent based on an economic model that was based on misinformation. Hopefully they will be able to salvage the plan, but its not likely.

On top of that, Obama wants to spend billions, if not trillions more, on his health care plan. You know I enjoy newer, nicer things, but if I don't have the money to buy something.

I don't.

You mignt be able to halfway defend the stimulous package, but I really don't see a vialble defense for spending that much money that we don't have, when the economy and the unemployment the way it is.

Hope he enjoys the game.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I support Obama's decision to go to the ball game.

Everyone needs to take some time and chill once in a while.

He's doing himself some good, as well as supporting the ol' American pastime.

I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I am not defending the spending per say. I am saying he was put in an awkward situation as far as the spending goes and it is a real catch 22.

The healthcare thing should not come as a surprise to many people, since he said straight up in the Democratic Party nominations that he weould be instituting a National Insurance plan.

I am not going argue his love of the media, he seems to thrive on the attention. Do I care? Not really, I still see less of him that I do of Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell, and Gordon Ramsay, and Obama seems to be the lesser of two of those evils (just imagine how Ramsay could clean up the country).

As far as baseball goes, he was probably going to be there anyway:

President William Howard Taft started the American tradition in 1910 at Griffith Stadium, Washington, D.C., on the Washington Senators' Opening Day. Every President since Taft has thrown out at least one ceremonial first ball or pitch, either for Opening Day, the All-Star Game, or the World Series, usually with much fanfare.[2]

From here

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

He wasn't put in an ackward posistion.

He said he understood the situation and he wanted the job. Now everytime he talks about it he sounds like your first reply to me. He has to say that he inherited this mess atleast twice whenever the topic comes up.

He didn't inherit this mess. He campaigned for a year and some change to have it.

Now its time for him to accept responsibility and he finds blaming the Bush administration easier.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That's too bad. I was planning on watching the game, now I probably won't.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You would prefer that he spends his down time boinking interns or starlets?

Honestly, I could care less how Obama spends his downtime. My issue with this is I'd like to spend my downtime not having to hear him flapping his overactive gums about anything... I generally look forward to the All-Star game. Now, unfortunately, the Iritant In Chief has managed to ruin yet another piece of my life I used to enjoy.

He's the freaking president of the USA. Doesn't he already have a large enough platform from which to speak to those who want to hear him, or is his ego (or insecurities?) so vast that he now must take steps to inject himself into still more speaking opportunities?

...and as an aside, none of this even begins to factor in the amount of taxpayer money which will be wasted to protect him during this public appearance.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

The reason Pittsburghers are such avid football fans is because during very hard times when the city was poor, people would go to football games as their only means of escape.

Every Friday night people would go to the games.Hence the rabid loyalty in the town, the football games gave community and coesion in a time when people needed it most.

Yes there is high foreclosures, but most of the population is still in their homes.
It is not free, but still much cheaper then a vacation,and it is something a family can do together.

The minor league sports in my area are doing very well right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I would prefer he spends his time working on actual solutions to the problems that are at hand.

I would prefer that he spends his time playing baseball commentator, that way he's not in the Oval Office causing even more problems for this country then he already has.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

How mature.

Want me to get your blankie?

Like I have said before, I watched a show on AF1 and it showed Bush touring Africa, he went to a school opening in some tiny country. They did not have an airport to speak of, af1 landed on a strip of grass. In order to come back to the US(last stop) they actually had to have the military SHIP in a bunch of fueling trucks(af1 uses a good bit of fuel) so the plane could leave.

Talk about massive spending, for a tiny school opening.

Guess what, the presidents have to use af1, it costs money.

Just because it is Obama doesn't make him evil. It is what the presidency is about.

Just because we are in a recession doesn't mean that the president should never be seen or heard except for in the White House.

The fact is, if we are so poor that the potus can't go to a baseball game, then we have far far bigger issues then a recession.

Besides, it could of been marine one.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ohh Obama is at a sporting event! Good god America is really in for it now. Obama is wasting so much time doing things that presidents are supposed to do. How dare he?

George W Bush spent a grand total of 977 days of his presidency "On Vacation"

1/3 of the Bush years was spent either at Camp David or Crawford Texas. And Obama takes a day off to attend a baseball game and the right is shouting "Hes ruining our country and taking too much time off rather than working!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join