It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to be in broadcast booth during baseball all-star game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Lucky we have no crises to worry about. Expect quiet times for this country when our president schedules a pleasant afternoon in the booth as baseball commentator for the all-star game.

Barack Obama will be adding baseball broadcaster to his résumé. SI.com learned Sunday that the President will join Fox Sports announcers Joe Buck and Tim McCarver during Tuesday's All-Star Game. Obama is expected to be in the booth sometime between the third and fifth inning. SI.com reported earlier that the White House was considering Fox Sports' request to interview the President during the game.

sports illustrated

Obama is well known for his love of sports and makes sure to spend time in the gym. I don't remember any previous president so willing to make time to play games while staving off world crises. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Baseball is an extremely hard hit industry. In a lot of areas, people are giving away tickets.
These teams and games generate a lot of revenue for the city. While I do believe it is some of baseballs fault, and no one should be getting paid 130 million dollars, the cities still need the money.

The places that Obama has been patronizing lately are the ones that have been hardest hit. The theaters, who are crumbling everywhere, restaurants, and sportin events. I think Obama is trying to generate intersest and remind people they are still there and encourage them to go.

This is just nitpicking. FDR still went golfing himself. Presidents still have to interact with the public.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

BTW, the ever infamous Sarah Palin is huge sports fan. So why is this an issue because it is Obama?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

What does Sarah Palin have to do with this? Absolutely nothing.

Well this is the way I see it, if he grants an interview to Fox Sports then not a big deal. If he just wants to show up in the booth just to show up in the booth because he is president, then it's a waste of time and he is just acting like a little kid that has had all these fantasies that he is now able to play out.

This isn't going to help or hurt baseball. It's nothing, but a posturing move. It's like he is saying "Hey I like baseball too".

If he doesn't grant an interview then this move is worthless.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, Bill Clinton went to a few Washington Capital games back in the day.
I don't have any issues with this. He's the President and as long as he knows what he's talking about as far as Baseball then it should be light and fun.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Not really. This is America's game. Many will be watching. If nothing else Obama is a great salesman and his doing this is to make people feel better in trying times.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yep, playing the fiddle while Rome burns.

The people were promised change and he is going to go to a baseball game and announce from the booth I suppose for a few innings?

This isn't going to do anything to calm the peoples fears. People go to the baseball game to get away from everyday life, now everyday life is getting brought to them while they are trying to enjoy life.

I don't see this working out to well.

If he doesn't grant them an interview then this is pointless. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way, but he is the president not a sports commentator. If he wanted to be a sports commentator he should have applied for that job.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You would prefer that he spends his down time boinking interns or starlets?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I would prefer he spends his time working on actual solutions to the problems that are at hand.

If he wants to grant an interview then that is fine. But just to go show up and commentate for a few innings just for the sake of doing it is worthless.

He promised change and it's looking like a lot more of the same. He has constantly said we are facing the worse financial crisis in since the great depression and we must shove all these huge 1000 page bills down our throats and says it must happen now.

It's nice to know that the crisis is only urgent when he deems it to be.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
how do you find this useless article interesting? president obama this, micheal jackson that, enough of these nonsense.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

What does Sarah Palin have to do with this? Absolutely nothing.

Because if the wonderful SP did it, everyone would be saying, oh she is so cool she likes sports.

Just pointing out the usual double standard.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

How 'bout that...yet another reason not to watch...

He really is in love himself, and I thought some were overreacting...I owe some people here an apology, however belated...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes he is, by showing Americans to stop holing up in their houses and relax and go out a bit. Sitting inside stressed out doesn't do anyone a world of good.

Guess what, he can multi task.

But I am sure if he spoke out against baseball, everyone would call him a terrorist for speaking out against American's past time.

Every president has hobbies, you need to get over it.

Funny how the right calls him the Messiah, and accuses people of liking him of being obamatrons, yet it is the right who is dissecting every little thing he does.

Fact is, most supporters didn't know he was going to a baseball game, and most don't care.

But for those who did see it, may think: hhhmm. Haven't been to a baseball game in awhile, maybe we should go.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

We don't know if Palin would do it or not. And I'm sure people would feel the same way about it.

The double standard is non existent because Palin is not the president and two we don't know if she would do this or not.

This is about Obama, and as Seagull mentioned the man is completely in love with him self.

You are trying to make a point for which one does not exist.

Edit to add -

Yea, telling all those people that are homeless and have no jobs because of the policies that he endorsed while he was a senator for the state and US. Yea, telling people to go have a good time when they can't even afford to put food on the table so they are more worried where they are going to get the money to keep food on the table and a roof over their families head.

What was that he said, something about we have to pass this stimulus right now because if we don't everything is going to crash. Unemployment will be at 8.3% or something. And now it is sitting at 9.5%.

It just proves how out of touch he is. It also proves how out of touch you are.

The only double standard is what the left is spouting.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
The only double standard is what the left is spouting.

Man, can't even talk about baseball here without the stupid political BS. :shk:

This will be my first all star game. Never watched one before but I've got 3 of my boys that made the team this year.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Congrats on your boys making the All-Star team!

Hey don't blame me about bringing politics into it, Obama is the one that wanted to show up and commentate the game.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What's the big deal? Can't he relax for one day? What if it's for stress release and allows him to be better able to deal with the issues the next day? He's a Rockefeller puppet, not a robot!! Being serious all the time is not productive IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let him go to all the sporting events he wants.

As long as he is at a sporting event he can't think of new ways to waste more money.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

As long as he is at a sporting event he can't think of new ways to waste more money.

Yeah because he was the one that started this whole mess, and the giving away of money to everyone who was "entitled" to it

Maybe if they previous guys had gone to more sporting events, we wouldn't be in this mess.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

Originally posted by jd140

Yeah because he was the one that started this whole mess, and the giving away of money to everyone who was "entitled" to it

Maybe if they previous guys had gone to more sporting events, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Didn't say he started it did I?

But just because someone before him did it doesn't mean that he should be given a free pass to practice the same behavior.

Stop jumping up and down, pointing fingers at Bush and cry "Bush did it first". Tantrums should be reserved for toddlers only.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join