It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SB585 is a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

SB585 is a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

www.nraila.org...

Senate Bill 585 has been scheduled to be considered by the Assembly Appropriations Committee on Wednesday, July 15.

Authored by State Senator Mark Leno (D-3), SB585 would prohibit the sale of firearms and ammunition on the property or inside the buildings that comprise the Cow Palace.

In short, SB585 is a stepping-stone to banning gun shows on all publicly-owned property in California.

www.nraila.org...

www.leginfo.ca.gov...

dist03.casen.govoffice.com...

This is yet another bill passing through the California Legislature.

I agree with the NRA that this appears to be the the first step in ultimately seeing the anti Second Amendment zealots succeeding in the banning of all gun shows in California.

Kinda surprising that in a state that is so "strapped for cash" there are some who wish to eradicate a viable tax-revenue source.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

They could still have gun shows, you'd just have to get the card of the person you want to buy the gun from and pay them later and have them send it to you. Or they'd give you their website and have a few on display for you to look at.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

That would surely be a logical way to "get around" the intent of this bill(if it does get passed)!

But what a pain in the a*s that would be.

I'm not sure but don't they have a 10 day waiting period to purchase a firearm in CA anyway?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
California is billions in debt, and the legislators are debating gun shows. Prioritize People!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anything to # with gun nuts.

I say, more power to them.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How typical of California's liberals. Do people really think that gun shows sell military type weapons? How many people here ever went to one? I've gonna to many over the years and a lot of what you will find is historic weapons aka flintlocks and rifles from various world wars. The rifles and pistols are all safety locked and the dealers represent either gun shop owners or collectors! What is the difference between a gun show and a car show? Both display tools that are dangerous in the wrong hands why not outlaw car shows? More people are killed by cars than guns.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Perhaps the CA govt. is worried that the citizenry may eventually be "up in arms"
when they grow tired of inept politicians pizzleing away their tax dollars on inane programs and policy's.

I imagine a pitchfork in the arse would hurt just as much as a bullet though.

top topics

join