Truly this is the age of Greenfinger: Billionaire Bill Gates has patented the idea to halt hurricanes by decreasing the surface temperature of the
The patent calls for a large fleet of specially equipped ships which would mix warm water from the ocean surface with colder water down below,
according to five new patents that include Microsoft's chairman as a co-inventor. That could then reduce or perhaps eliminate the heat-driven
condensation which hurricanes feed upon, thus significantly reducing their intensity
Patent-watcher "theodp" first spotted the new patent filings, and told TechFlash that the scheme reminded him of something Mr. Burns might have
concocted in "The Simpsons" -- if the fictional industrialist hadn't already blown his master plan on blocking out the sun.
The hurricane-stopper plan apparently hatched from a meeting of Intellectual Ventures, a patent house which regularly gathers scientists and
technologists to brainstorm together. TechFlash notes that the official filings came through an Intellectual Ventures affiliate, Searete LLC.
One of the five patents also suggests how to pay
for the massive seagoing fleet, including selling insurance policies in hurricane-prone areas -- so much for the billionaire backer.
This represents just the latest in a long line of geoengineering proposals aimed at taming Mother Nature, whether aimed at climate change or
hurricanes. Even the prestigious National Academy of Sciences held a workshop in June on geoengineering, although that ended with disagreements on
whether the cure might be worse than the problem.
We previously looked at other plans regarding hurricanes, such as sending supersonic jets slicing into the eye of the giant storms. But for now, it's
likely that coastal cities should at least invest in more grounded ideas to become
So what does this REALLY mean?
Well, this is what it means:
Some force, or a combination of forces, is causing our terribly unusual, unprecedented, weather. Most professional weathermen shake their heads at
this unusual phenomenon and simply say they do not know what is causing this type of weather. A lot of politicians are jumping on the bandwagon of
Global Warming, warning that more terrible things are going to happen unless we change our lifestyle dramatically. What they do not say publicly these
days is that the lifestyle change they expect to make is the elimination of our entire Industrial Civilization.
What kind of damaging weather might be useful as military weapons? I think the following list might be possible candidates.
1. Earthquakes -- This phenomenon might be the most terrifying, since people cannot live without foundation. Entire city structures are based upon
buildings having dependable foundations. Therefore, since the New World Order Plan envisions eliminating cities, we might expect that earthquakes
would be a preferred weapon of choice. Severe earthquakes might result in the wholesale evacuation of cities.
2. Hurricanes and/or Typhoons -- Wind has proven to be such a devastating force that, once again, it might force large-scale evacuation of cities if
the incidence of hurricanes were to become so regular as to render a city location untenable.
3. Flooding -- Rampaging waters are a huge force that threatens entire regions of the country. Since the goal is to force farmers out of business, or
to return the most fertile farmlands back to "Nature" [which New Agers call 'Rewilding'], floods would be a most useful weapon. Flooding can also
force farmers to miss an entire planting and growing season, thus reducing the amount of food available to a population. Most people think of a lack
of food being caused by drought, when the reality is that flooding at the wrong time of the year can produce an equal loss of food production.
4. Drought -- Lack of water is more devastating to farming than flooding. Since the population growth of the past 60 years would not have been
possible had it not been for the growth in food production, we might expect that drought might be a useful tool in persuading people of the need to
drastically reduce population growth.
In both flooding and drought, we have the potential of totally devastating a people's way of life.
Remember that the overall goal of the New World Order Plan is to reduce the world's population by two-thirds, and to set aside over 50% of America
and other nations that would not off limits to humans for using or residing. These same people, i.e., Gore, Clinton, Bush now have control both over
the amount of emergency stocks of food and of Weather Control capabilities!
5. Tsunami Waves -- If someone would want to force people away from living on the coastline of any nation, consistent tsunami waves would be the ideal
tool. This huge wave is totally devastating and terribly frightening.
6. Volcanoes -- Erupting volcanoes can also dramatically change the landscape of the region in which it is located. Nearby cities can, and have been,
7. Tornadoes -- We have experienced such an increase in devastating tornado activity, one has to really wonder why.
8. Severe Heat over a long period of time -- Of course, this capability produces the Drought of which we speak, above, and probably should have been
mentioned in conjunction with it. However, our nation is currently in the grip of unprecedented heat this summer. How many consecutive days of 100+
degree weather does it take for fertile and productive farmland to be turned into wasteland? Does anyone know? Are we about to find out?
All of their plans are starting to come togther.
What are we to do?
[edit on 13-7-2009 by joe82]