It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

every one is looking in the wrong places.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
since i was young i've been an avid backpacker and woodsman. at 45 i still spend 8-9 months off the beaten path. there are basically 2 reasons why the government put aside wilderness areas in the u.s.
1- resources. timber, gold etc........
2- very few humans bother to look there.

the second statement basically means they set aside an area, unlike area 51 and others, where no one watches.

areas where i've personally witnessed sightings. many multiple sightings.

bob marshall, montana
sawtooths and frank church, idaho
gila, new mexico
arastra mountains and aravaipa, arizona

there are more, but these are the bigger ones.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly.

I think they have people afraid of nature and the wilderness etc for a major reason...

Just look on google eath at how much land is inhabited and how much is raw nature.

It is nuts!

If people would move out there to say 10 acre bits each like we have MORE than enough room for, than we would be living in a whole different world.

It is seriously wrong, weird, and unnatural, that everyone is born into these invisible traps of cities and towns, and supposedly not "aloud" to just go move to thier own land.

I wasn't born here under some human government....they are lie a bully that took away everyones choices before they had a chance.

I think all of the magic etc is in nature....I definatly agree we are kept from it is much as they can get away with.

I also think it is wrong, and they have NO right to do this, yet on the other hand, I wouldn't want humans wrecking nature either....

So it should be that moral agents who would protect the land be free agents, and those who are destructive should be kept out....

Kinda like the garden of Eden? Mabey they aren't humble enough yet to go back into that garden?

I know I personally am nature friendly, but I also can see that I am a rare breed....even some of my favorite people, those closest to me, could not be trusted wioth nature.

They still want to littler, pollute, kill bugs and animals for no reason, burn things for no reason, and make too much noise.....it is just unfair that most ruin it for the few of us that would be natures stewards.

Something has gotta give. I personally have been trying to wake people up to these things since birth.....they just have to much pride and selfishness to listen.

Some ARE waking up and listening a bit more these days, but too few, and too little comprehension in the majority....

People like me have sooo much to teach, yet few willing to learn.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have witnessed many mysterious phenomena involving lights in the skies while in the back country. Seen many of those things which look like satellites, but zig zag and don't go perfectly straight. Ive seen, on many occasions, a HUGE bright star in the sky (much brighter than anything else) which slowly fades away. Sometimes these things are moving, other times it just appears and disappears without movement. Another time I saw two "Stars" but when I looked back at them I noticed they were actually moving incredibly slowly but still noticeable. They moved perfectly in sync with one another and disappeared after about 5 minutes.

Almost every night I can see stars, I see something which strikes my attention, even if it is just a shooting star. I am blessed to be living in an area which doesnt have too much light pollution so I get to see stars very well.

There's deffinantly stuff going on up there right now, I recommend getting out and looking if any of you get the opportunity. Make the extra effort to do it, go against apathy and laziness and you may be rewarded =D

cdi

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

a fellow kindred spirit!
nice post. it is refreshing to know that there are people out there pounding through the wilderness. apart from the day stragglers round my neck of the woods you can count on one hand the number of people hiking on overnighters. it seems that the general population cannot be bothered to tear themselves away from their creature comforts. i have had that many good sightings i have lost count. furthermore most people do not, repeat, not want to know and over the years if anyone rubbs me up the wrong way i simply raise the topic of sightings and there you go, they avoid conversation with me like the plague!
regards cdi.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
along with these thoughts here are a couple more.
-correlation between military bases and wilderness areas.
-underground bases, access to tunnels, available only by air.

here is a map to wilderness areas. i've been having trouble finding a good map dod-military installations.

u.s. wilderness map

[edit on 13-7-2009 by rubbertramp]

top topics

join