It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GP and child with swine flu die - new strain??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just found this on the BBC website, and knowing that new strains are being found, just wondered if the child had a new deadlier strain that the Dr caught.

Seems plausable, now that the death toll is at 17 in the UK, the deaths seem to be getting closer to each other. I remember hearing the other day of another child dying from swine flu. The first one i heard of was a woman who died from the virus (although she did have other medical problems, so it wasnt just the swine flu) But that was last month. Since then, 16 other people have died.

I dont want to fear mong, and to be honest i didnt think that the harder strain (if any) wouldnt of came until this winter, but is it already rearing its snorted head??

A GP and a six-year-old girl have become the latest to die after contracting the swine flu virus. Dr Michael Day died on Saturday in Luton and Dunstable Hospital, but the NHS said the exact cause of death in the case is still unknown. A swab test taken from Dr Day at the hospital has been confirmed as being positive for the H1N1 swine flu virus.

bbc news article

Also, notice the question at the bottom of the article? are they trying to slowly make people acustomed to the mandatory vacine?

Edit to change title

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I also saw that report on news24, with the papers too it struck me how the media are casually starting to talk about the mass vacination that is starting soon.
I not sure about the vaccine, how about you?
Do you feel swine flu will get worse, will it start to kill healthy people in larger numbers.
Or has it just been overplayed by the hacks needing a story.
Personally at this point, I think the latter, which then begs the question why do we all need the vaccine?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I read the same article and posted it on another thread, regarding an outbreak in and around London.

It's possible the strain is diferent- what I find more plausible is that we're seeing exactly what happened in 1918- the summer months saw (initially) illnesses that lasted weeks before people died- or recovered; later in the summer, people began to die more quickly (within 1-3 days); they began to catch flu without prior health conditions, and so many doctors and nurses died or took ill, they were pulled from the WWI battlefields to serve in US medical facilities. Some people were recruited to work who had no medical training at all, due to the high rate of clinician morbidity and mortality.

What happened in this case is mirroring precisely the pattern of the beginning of the second wave of flu as the summer progressed towards autumn.

Having said all of that, it is entirely plausible that the strain has mutated to become more lethal, more quickly. If so, we face the same events that our grandparents did in 1918-19; people left for work in the morning, took ill, and died within 24-72 hours. If we are approaching that rate of infection and death, (which in 1918 was a little over 2% of the global population, amounting to between 50-100M deaths), we need to be prepared for mass graves, each of us knowing someone who is ill or has passed away, and the 18 months or so of social disintegration.

We need to prepare ourselves for that possibility- and pray it doesn't come to that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
How can this be a pandemic worthy of mass vacination when this has been around for about a year, and less than 300 deaths worldwide? Answer me that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No vaccination for me. I don't mind catching it from the ones who do choose to get the vaccine, but I don't want all the "extra" stuff that's in the vaccine. And they don't invest this kind of money, unless there's some kind of return. So, we're probably in for a rough one. This is the part that I love, though. The human being is such a spiritual entity, that it can make changes, and mitigate circumstances. Look at Africa.....they should all be dead from AIDS, but they're still having kids and everything.....the incredible human!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think the global mobilization is occurring due to the potential for this bug to be a devastating virus. We don't KNOW how many have really died from it, as the CDC and WHO have called off testing in most cases- except for some post-mortems where the casue of death was grossly obvious.

How many people who are ill have access to facilities where they can be tested?

In Buenos Aires, alone, the poorest section is getting hit the hardest- and few have access to medical support. There may be thousands or millions who are already dying of this, about whom we know nothing.

There may not be- in which case, we will have the world's largest drill for a public health emergency. But With most of the Asian countries, South American countries, NZ and Australia, the EU, UK and the US ALL declaring states of emergency, I feel it's wise to be cautiously concerned, prepared, knowledgeable and as informed as possible.

If the flu "fizzles" then I'll be immensely grateful- if it doesn't, all of us will e glad we took notice, I think.

Of course, you are welcome to a different opinion- this is merely my own.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I watched a movie called Blindness last night, about a virus which turns people blind. It was terrifying and probably not a good one to watch in the current climate. But it was interesting to see how virus spreads

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Mostly, people need to realize how to deal with it. As with any virus, you have to support the body until it can recover. That means fluids, fluids, fluids! Did you know that Coke Classic, with the carbonation shaken out of it, makes a good electrolyte solution. I saw a show, a long time ago, where they were teaching people in India, to make their own simple electrolyte solution, by taking a bowl of water, a handful of sugar, and a three-finger pinch of salt....fluids, fluids, fluids!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

That's the issue that I have with this. On the one hand the WHO moved pretty quickly as far as making it a stage 6 pandemic but they didn't bother to close the mexican airports to try and contain it.
The whole thing seems scripted to me, I can't really put my finger on it but something feels wrong about this so-called pandemic. Its either going to be biblical in terms of deaths that's why tptb are fudging the info because they don't want to cause mass panic or it's going to do very little apart from some very sick people dying from it. The problem I have with it is, if its the latter then why would they move it to stage 6 etc, I'm baffled by the authorities actions on this since it started.

new topics

top topics

join