It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Transition was for RFID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
An ex-IBM employee has blown the whistle on IBM and tells us that the digital transition was made so that RFID technology could be used using analog VHF and UHF frequencies.

dprogram.net...

Ex-IBM Employee reveals TV Abandoned Analog Band to Make Room for RFID Chips
According to a former 31-year IBM employee, the highly-publicized, mandatory switch from analog to digital television is mainly being done to free up analog frequencies and make room for scanners used to read implantable RFID microchips and track people and products throughout the world.

So while the American people, especially those in Texas and other busy border states, have been inundated lately with news reports advising them to hurry and get their expensive passports, “enhanced driver’s licenses,” passport cards and other “chipped” or otherwise trackable identification devices that they are being forced to own, this digital television/RFID connection has been hidden, according to Patrick Redmond.

Redmond, a Canadian, held a variety of jobs at IBM before retiring, including working in the company’s Toronto lab from 1992 to 2007, then in sales support. He has given talks, written a book and produced a DVD on the aggressive, growing use of passive, semi-passive and active RFID chips (Radio Frequency Identification Devices) implanted in new clothing, in items such as Gillette Fusion blades, and in countless other products that become one’s personal belongings. These RFID chips, many of which are as small, or smaller, than the tip of a sharp pencil, also are embedded in all new U.S. passports, some medical cards, a growing number of credit and debit cards and so on. More than two billion of them were sold in 2007.

Whether active, semi-passive or passive, these “transponder chips,” as they’re sometimes called, can be accessed or activated with “readers” that can pick up the unique signal given off by each chip and glean information from it on the identity and whereabouts of the product or person, depending on design and circumstances, as Redmond explained in a little-publicized lecture in Canada last year. AFP just obtained a DVD of his talk.

Noted “Spychips” expert, author and radio host Katherine Albrecht told AMERICAN FREE PRESS that while she’s not totally sure whether there is a rock-solid RFID-DTV link, “The purpose of the switch [to digital] was to free up bandwidth. It’s a pretty wide band, so freeing that up creates a huge swath of frequencies.”

As is generally known, the active chips have an internal power source and antenna; these particular chips emit a constant signal. “This allows the tag to send signals back to the reader, so if I have a RFID chip on me and it has a battery, I can just send a signal to a reader wherever it is,” Redmond stated in the recent lecture, given to the Catholic patriot group known as the Pilgrims of Saint Michael, which also is known for advocating social credit, a dramatic monetary reform plan to end the practice of national governments bringing money into existence by borrowing it, with interest, from private central banks. The group’s publication The Michael Journal advocates having national governments create their own money interest-free. It also covers the RFID issue.

“The increased use of RFID chips is going to require the increased use of the UBF [UHF] spectrum,” Redmond said, hitting on his essential point that TV is going digital for a much different reason than the average person assumes, “They are going to stop using the [UHF] and VHF frequencies in 2009. Everything is going to go digital (in the U.S.). Canada is going to do the same thing.”

These new RFID tags are now being used in states like New York and there you have an option to have an enhanced Drivers License (basically the same as Real ID) which serve as both your drivers license and passport.

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

This is the final stage, effective June 1, 2009, of implementation of the so-called “Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative” (WHTI).

You don’t need us to tell you what’s wrong with this picture. But if you want it spelled out, you can read the comments here and here that we submitted to the DHS when they proposed the WHTI regulations imposing these ID and exit and entry permit requirments, first for airports and seaports and then for land border crossings.

We shouldn’t have needed to point out to the DHS that the WHTI travel document requirements are in flagrant violation of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), one of the most important human rights treaties which the U.S. has signed and ratified. Article 12 of the ICCPR guarantees that, “Everyone shall be free to leave any country, including his own,” and “No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of the right to enter his own country.”

This article of the ICCPR has been interpreted by the U.N. Human Rights Committee (and by the U.S. when it has criticized other countries such as Cuba for their exit restrictions on their citizens) as making those rights near-absolute. The WHTI document rules are also in violation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the NAFTA Implemdentation Act, by imposing a barrier to Canadians and Mexicans wishing to come to the U.S. to compete for business — the requirement for a passport or enhanced drivers license (EDL) — that doesn’t apply to U.S. citizens doing business within the U.S.

And that’s not to mention the incompatibility with the U.S. Constitution of these restrictions on travel, movement, and assembly.

DHS APIS regulations already require airlines to obtain individualized prior permission from the DHS before they allow anyone (even a U.S. citizen) to enter, leave or transit the U.S. by air, and the the Secure Flight scheme will require the same for domestic flights as soon as the travel industry can build the elaborate and expensive infrastructure needed for such a real-time travel surveillance and control program. Meanwhile, the DHS is exapnding their assertion of similar and increasingly intrusive powers of search, seizure, interrogation, and above all surveillance (monitoring and logging) and control of travel and movement within the U.S. through warrantless, suspicionless checkpoints on roads that don’t cross any border and are up to 100 miles from coasts or borders, and at airports for passengers on domestic flights.

Previous court decisions upholding government discretion in whether or not to issue passoports has been premised on the assumption that passports were useful to facitlitate travel, but were not required for travel or for the exercise of any other rights. Those decisions will, obviously, need to be revisited in light of the fact that government-issued documents are now explicitly required as a condition of the exercise of those aspects of the right to travel — the right of anyone to leave the U.S., and the right of U.S. citizens to return to our own country — that are most explicitly guaranteed by international treaties to which the U.S. is a part, and which under the U.S. Constitution are “the supreme law of the land”. The DHS is cleverly saying that at first they will only issue warnings and waivers, in most cases, to U.S. citizens seeking to enter or leave the U.S. without the newly-required travel documents. Presumably, they hope that the new ID and permission-based travel control regime will become a well-established fait accompli before anyone is able to bring a court challenge of a DHS decision to bar someone from leaving the U.S., or barring a U.S. citizen from entering the country.

Finally these RFID are using analog frequencies which mean if you were smart enough you could build a device like on Metal Gear Sollid that would jam the frequencies or better yet since these RFID's are mainly linking people up to their RFID numbers they can be hacked and/or cloned.

homebiss.blogspot.com...

But one thing is unclear. The legality of all this. You are required to have RFID tags? I think there are several constitutional rights that would make this illegal. If we were to have a revolution away from RFID we would not carry these things around, but what of they are in our ID's, Drivers Licenses and Passports? Looks like big brother is becoming super nanny.

I have heard a story a long time ago of a group of people who would not get drivers licenses because the constitution guaruntees the right to freedom of transportation. When they were cited for driving without a lisence they would take the legal battle to Federal court and win everytime because they are protected and reserved the right to do so as stated in their constitutional rights.

So it looks like RFID is set up to fail big time. Thats why they want us to have these chips implanted, to spare the government the headache that this new RFID legislation will actually make security and safety alot more vulnerable in the US. But I though these were for our own good and safety? Yeah right. It's time to go to radio shack.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As long as they do not force the implant of these chips, here is something to ponder. I have a "Fastrak" pass for my car. It allows me to drive through tolls without stopping. I'm sure you know these kinds of things. It uses RFID tech, and also has a special plastic bag for me to put it in for when I want to go through a toll booth and not use Fastrak to pay. The bag prevents the RFID from being read.

With that, maybe we can make some special bags for our I.D.s, etc...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes and in fact if you are in the Austin, TX area you can blow through a toll road without stopping and the government will kindly send you your balance in the mail on an itemized statement.

EDIT: This is done of course by taking a picture of your vehicle (I Think). Although I hear that Texas is now implanting RFID in your vehicle inspection stickers.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The US would be a much better place if everyone would just ignore all laws that were breaking things like the constitution and NAFTA etc.

Sure no one wants to 'get in trouble' but if we won't stand up for our rights, then I don't think we deserve to have them. Let's put our feet down and say 'enough is enough and we're not going to take it anymore!'

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great and the argument will be "You have nothing to fear if you're not doing anything wrong"... of course that will all depend on what becomes deemed to be wrong.

Does anyone know if these can be disabled simply by leaving it next to a magnet for a long period of time?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus

Yes, I think we can clearly all see now where this is going. The federal government and other transperant orginizations like the CFR clearly are not for the people (US Citizens) and are for world government. That is considered treason. Our founding fathers have instructed us to have them removed before the financial institutions take over our democracy and invade our personal lives and freedoms.

They are making this technology mandatory which will inevitably used as implants, because there are so many security issues that it won't work withou implants.

We need to let these people know that tagging people as if they were poultry is not acceptable and we can not afford to let them impose this crap on us. Because it will inevitably fail, resulting in mandatory microchip implants.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Does anyone know if these can be disabled simply by leaving it next to a magnet for a long period of time?

The magnetic strips can be disabled with a magnet or another way is a degausser. As far as I know that does not work with the chips.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Speaking of magnets to disable chips, I take comfort in the fact that no technology is fool proof.

As chips become prevalent, "criminals" will find ways to disable and scramble their signals. There will be a market for engineers and such to counter the chips.

The RFID chip is like anything else, and we will find a way to bypass them. There will be RFID Chip theft, people will lose money, and ID theft will increase and the public will demand they be done away with.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

IBM has long been up to this technology since WWII so that comes as no surprise. The question is what jurisdiction does the federal government have over VHF and UHF frequencies?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
yeah, they were in the thick of it...ibm. i read somewhere a year or two ago they were in cahoots with someone else and the government. i'll see if i can't dig that out. i posted it on another forum but it magically disappeared. go figure.

ibm is not a trustworthy company. they are also the ones who handed our DoD satellite specs to China, sold an entire company, people and all, to a communist government, fired a good chunk of their workforce earlier this year and told them they could keep their jobs if they wanted to move to India, and stole people's pensions. yeah
ibm i have no DOUBT you helped slaughter people during wwii. some things never change.

new topics

top topics

join