It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think is the worst invention in history?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
nah dude, its the widespread use and false propoganda put out by the cig companies that is now being refuted that make cigs so bad.

nitrous....now there's a nasty drug

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
hey nothingmakesence, i have to agree on that one. but weather if we can use our genius for good instead of bad..is really a big question...

just like what ben franklin said, "if we have to give up a little bit of freedom to feel safe, how many more do we have to give up?"

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Worst invention ever? Humans.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

In fact, if all the nukes in the world were used strategically to kill as many people as possable (instead of military targets as they would be) about half of the worlds population would survive.

. No! If all the nukes in the world would be used there wouldnt be a world. Scientists say that if 1000 nukes hit one major place the world would split in half, and there is like 20,000 nukes on Earth.

no, more around 3,000 and when was that said? nukes may be powerful but not strong enough to damage the earth's crust even if it hit a major fault line.

but biological i think are the worst invention.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
EmbryonicEssence LOL!!!!

i was gonna say breast implants, because i like natties.
to me breast size makes very little difference.

but then if a girl wants to get them fine, good for here.
if it makes you feel better.

but really i would prefer if they weren't ever invented that way when a girl had real set of bigguns it would be more unique. i have test drove several sizes of plastic peaches from leopard frog to the giant african killer bull frog.

but natties are always better. no exceptions no matter the size just me.

[Edited on 5/7/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

no, more around 3,000 and when was that said? nukes may be powerful but not strong enough to damage the earth's crust even if it hit a major fault line.

dude, it woudn't matter if the earth existed or not. we'd be gone. the surface would consist of nothing but dust and melted stuff (like sand to glass). nothing would survive. NOTHING. the largest nuke ever detonated was a 50 megaton by russia. THE SHOCK WAVE CIRCLED THE EARTH 3 TIMES. the largest bomb ever was 100 megatons. just that one bomb could severely damage an entire hemisphere of the globe. you'd really only need about four to send humanity back to the stone age and maybe a dozen to completely wipe us out. destroying the earth? no way. they detonated underground nukes and they didn't even cause earthquakes. you'd have to bury that sucker RIGHT on a major fault line

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i would have to say gay cigarates which pollute the people and ofcourse nuclear weapons, cause there g-a-y and pussies use them only

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'd have to go with the cable news networks, which convinced so much of the masses to believe that the government is lying to us, thus creating these boards!
Err, not to imply that ATS is the worst invention in history.

[Edited on 5-7-04 by Carvador]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"I agree with you that Bio weapons are the worse invention ever....but they are closely followed by the Speedo."

Are you kidding me??? You must not be a swimmer or waterpolo player. Speedos = Speed, hence the name, speedo. You should have your right to speak revoked.

The worst invention ever = Microsoft.
The best oxymoron ever = Microsoft Works.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Naturally the most devastating is the nuclear weapons. BUT......if it weren't for nuclear research or nuclear medicine, I'd probably be dead. Depends on how you use what you have.

The veg-e-matic is a good choice.
Spam makes my list. (Australians read vegemite)
So is the stuff you spray on your hair to cover the bald spot.

Religion? Yes. Couple that with the human brain, add a logic function and you have a seriously flawed invention.

Flo-bee hair cutting system. It sold more shop vacs than hair cuts right?

G

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Human Evolution!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i would have to say that organized religion is the worst invention in the history of mankind. id bet more people have died due to religion than all other sources of conflict put together.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
CULTURE, LANGUAGE, INDUSTRY, TECHNOLOGY, SCIENCE, RELIGION, PHILOSOPHY, IDEOLOGY, MARKETING, ADVERTISEMENT, ENTERTAINEMENT, POLITIC... How, the list is long...

E=MC�=HIROSHIMA !

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by AD5673

In fact, if all the nukes in the world were used strategically to kill as many people as possable (instead of military targets as they would be) about half of the worlds population would survive.

. No! If all the nukes in the world would be used there wouldnt be a world. Scientists say that if 1000 nukes hit one major place the world would split in half, and there is like 20,000 nukes on Earth.

but biological i think are the worst invention.

No more than around 3000 only in the U.S. Why dont you read some more?

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The worst invention?? I would have to say......

sin

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Intentional violence. No matter how petty.

That isn't an invention, that is the human condition. What, are you trying to think of some cute answer for a beauty pageant?

The answer is very simple. The SOB who invented the air hand dryer. Ever tried to open a filthy public bathroom door with a handful of air?

If I could get that guys and the moron that made the times water faucet that allows you to get your hand moist before shutting off, I'd crack their skulls against one another and then go to jail a very happy man.

By the way, xeno, it would be intentional violence and I'd love every minute of it!!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"Its like Anthrax and Smallpox in surplus, just to murder us"
-Outkast

I think bioweaps are. Atleast explosives can be used for contruction/building and nukes gave us new forms of power. Bioweaps are only there to kill people that have no way of fighting back.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Calculon386]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
worst thing ever made....hmmm....let me think about that.....................................*thinks* it would have to be the Gun. Just think of how many people have lived and died by the gun.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's not an invention but... Thomas CROWNE...

Almost the soopamod one

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think the worst invention in history were nuclear wepons

I couldn't disagree more. Nuclear weapons have probably been the best invention in history. For as long as there has been a France and Britain, there has been war. Nuclear weapons have forced major nations to resort to diplomatic solutions.

If Cuba had been stocked with standard cruise missiles, and there were no nukes, there would have been open war. It was only the threat of a nuclear catastrophe that everyone was forced to back down.

It is the ultimate detterent.

However, the worst invention ever has to be political correctedness. They didn't need it all those years ago. Why now??!?!?!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join