It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think is the worst invention in history?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just wanted to know what you think the worst invention in history is. This has been on my mind and so has the other topic i made: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think the worst invention in history were nuclear wepons. They kill a lot of people and cause high rates of cancer.

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Worst invention in the world:

Powdered water.

But then, there's a sucker born every minute...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think the ability to spread biological ailments via weaponry is by far the worse invention, because the dangers are so great. Bio weapons are deadlier than nuclear weapons in that they can infiltrate any point on earth, can be secretly released, and leave little survivors. I agree that nuclear weapons are bad news but I would fear bio weapons a little more. Their speed of transmission is incredible and most people wouldnt know they are sick until its too late.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh yes. Forgot about those... Also another weapon that we could all kill our selves with...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's got to be electronic spell checking -- an evil invention, for sure.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Intentional violence. No matter how petty.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the flowbee hair cutting system-- vacum cleaners and razors dont belong together

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I think the ability to spread biological ailments via weaponry is by far the worse invention, because the dangers are so great. Bio weapons are deadlier than nuclear weapons in that they can infiltrate any point on earth, can be secretly released, and leave little survivors. I agree that nuclear weapons are bad news but I would fear bio weapons a little more. Their speed of transmission is incredible and most people wouldnt know they are sick until its too late.

Couldn't agree with you more. They present a much larger danger then Nukes do, especially when you consider that most Biological weapons were made without finding a cure

A common misunderstanding of nuclear war is that every one would die/the world would be destroyed. In fact, if all the nukes in the world were used strategically to kill as many people as possable (instead of military targets as they would be) about half of the worlds population would survive. I don't know if this would happen if you replaced all those nukes with bio weapons.

the flowbee hair cutting system-- vacum cleaners and razors dont belong together

I forgot all about those things.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
the worst invention in the world....hmm has got to be liberalism and political correctedness. these two concepts are ruining american society. no i don't have any links or evidence... i thnk these things are self-evident as our constitution says some things are....

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

I agree with you that Bio weapons are the worse invention ever....but they are closely followed by the Speedo.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
anything that is sold on qvc or infomercials. other than that, i'd have to choose guns and weaponry in general.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

In fact, if all the nukes in the world were used strategically to kill as many people as possable (instead of military targets as they would be) about half of the worlds population would survive.

. No! If all the nukes in the world would be used there wouldnt be a world. Scientists say that if 1000 nukes hit one major place the world would split in half, and there is like 20,000 nukes on Earth.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Definitely, positively, without a doubt, that "singing bass" thing that you hangs on your wall. As far as I'm concerned, people who own that gizmo have forfeited all right to live.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
thats an EASY question...

the answer is RELIGION

its used to control the people and the people should always think outside the box and not be "slaves" to rules and limitations...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyrmw00d
Definitely, positively, without a doubt, that "singing bass" thing that you hangs on your wall. As far as I'm concerned, people who own that gizmo have forfeited all right to live.

Hehe, oops... I also have a collection of dancing hamster and a lion that sings "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
ritalin....definitely ritalin

or any behavior-altering drug. its going to be interesting watching kids who were never parented only drugged into submission run the world.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
for those who say weapons are the worst inventions...well, as long as human are around, the weapon will get more and more powerful. the future is very bleak indeed

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by 2009]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

well, as long as human are around, the weapon will get more and more powerful. the future is very bleak indeed

but the human mind is also our gretest asset, because once in a long while it actually comes up with something beautiful. i read a series once by orson scott card one of my favorite writers. in this series the population of a planet was monitored by a huge orbiting computer that prohibited techniology from being used for bad. so they have powerful computers and hovering chairs but no guns. kind of scary, being monitored means no free will

if i had to choose i'd pick nukes and free will rather than no free will and bows and arrows

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by NothingMakesSense]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's a tie between decaffinated coffee and non-alcoholic beer! Or maybeThe Ford Pinto.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Thought about this for a while and was going to say The War On Drugs, but seriously, probably cigaretts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join