It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six-year-old girl is UK's 16th H1N1 flu victim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

A six-year-old girl has become the 16th person to die in Britain after contracting H1N1 flu, health officials said on Monday, days after the first death from the infection in an otherwise healthy patient. Chloe Buckley, from northwest London, died on July 9 at St Mary's Hospital in London, NHS officials said. A post mortem will be carried out to see if she was suffering any underlying health conditions.
"We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the family at this difficult time as they come to terms with their loss," said Simon Tanner, Regional Director of Public Health.
On Friday, the government announced that a patient from Essex, eastern England, had died from the virus, but unlike all the others had no underlying health conditions.

Source

More

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've a freind who lives just north-west of Oxfod and will NOT go into London for any reason at present. He told me that the conditions there are worse than reported (not unlike the Mids) and that far more people are ill in London that are being reported.

Now, there are deaths without prior illness- just as in the US, Japan and the S Hemisphere.

Take very good care.

Peace,
C

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
time to get a natural flu remedies post stuck to the front page

...i wonder how long it will be before people around us start to drop? probably not some time, but scary none the less.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Poor kid, I live in London, and there are people sniffling and coughing all over the place, we at my work had a few people go off with flu like symptoms and 2 have been diagnosed as having the swine flu.
I can only speak from my point of view , my advice for my family whether you choose to follow any advice given or not, is to stock up on vitamin c supplementaries, obviously checking the ingredients , or failing that buy some bloody oranges and peel them. Squeeze a couple of slices into hot water first thing in the morning to start your day.
My way to get throught illness is to be convinced your not going to get worse. Its all in my mind of course but I only have an hour cold, whereas the wife suffers for at least 2 days, I get the sniffles, coughs and runny nose all in an hour , then its over.

Don't go around panicking with a mask on, you'll only freak other people out. and look like a knob.

I have heard of some dying through the papers, some have had underlying health issues , a couple have been healthy, I'm worried ( physically as I'm *cough* slightly overweight and not very fit - but thats changing soon). I take oranges to work everyday, I have about 4 oranges, but haven't resorted to orange vitamin c tablets yet, maybe I should stock uo when people start realising the vaccine isn't going to work on the next big dose of swine flu to hit in the autumn, the one right now is the weedy cousin, wait till it mutates and the vaccine you've taken won't work against it.
Be positve minded 'You won't get sick, you don't need tablets or the vaccine, you are healthy'

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why don't we hear of the deaths with the "common" flu? It kills many every year. But they sure sensationalize the H1N1 cases, don't they?

And for numbers that are statistically non-existent, the news goes rabid. But I'm sure there is no agenda here...

Flu does kill. But not many, and the "vaccine" is deadly... So what can we draw from this?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

Seems a doctor who treated the 6-year old child who recently passed near London, has died, as well. This article was posted an hour ago on Reuters.

Obviously the virulence is either changing (as it seems the child was otherwise quite healthy) or the treating physician failed to protect himself properly from infection.

Regardless, it is a sad loss.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
News report claiming girl died just hours after complaining of sore throat!!!

news.sky.com...< br />
[edit on 13/7/09 by logicalview]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
News report claiming girl died just hours after complaining of sore throat!!!

news.sky.com...

Could it be that something more deadly has emerged...? Maybe because the original strain wasn't doing as well as predicted? And maybe they have control of the labs that test the strains and will chalk it up to the same virus?

Thinking "aloud..."

[edit on 7/13/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Well whatever the truth behind this disease's origins, it really is frightening times. Fellow employees are now infected and i've got kids! Not happy.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It appears that London is ill-prepared for the kind of morbidity and mortality that Sir Liam is predicting- especially broadband (as people attempt to telecommute, rather tha go to offices). It is also predicted that the Tube will work on a greatly decreased level- as operators, engineers, etc., are stricken with the illness, and as people attempt social distancing.

londonist.com...

I'm posting on this thread, though I suspect MOST major metro areas globally will face a similar scenario should the numbers grow as expected.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Similar to the child who died a few weeks ago in Oregon (I believe), who had a mild fever and sore throat, which rapidly escalated, and before he could even make it to the doctor, he was dead- 24 hours with predominantly mild symptoms- no different from a typical child's cold of minor flu.

Changes like this are happening worldwide as the flu gains momentum and mutations- and is following preceisely the rates of 1918.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'm in South West England no reported cases of swine flu round here yet, however with Plymouth close at hand I'll be stocking up on Vitamin C tablets + oranges today.

Trying not to worry but will be prepared.

[edit on 14/7/09 by Chilled Zen]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've just come back from visiting family and friends in the East Anglia region and no-one is taking this seriously and no-one is worried about it at all.

I visited one friend who didn't tell me until I'd arrived, at her house, that her daughter's school had 12 cases, including 2 teachers. The school was staying open.

I visited another friend who said her GP surgery had a notice outside asking ppl with flu symptoms to go home and call to discuss over the phone. A friend of her daughter's had been confined to her bedroom, by her GP, with flu symptoms. Again, I wasn't told by my friend, until after I'd arrived at her house.

On our flight back there were several ppl coughing but trying very hard not to. Again, no-one is bothered about it at all and there were just lots of jokes whenever someone coughed.

This was so over hyped at the beginning that unless large numbers start becoming seriously ill or dying, no-one will take any notice whatsoever because no-one believes it's a problem. Maybe it isn't but I wish my 'friends' had given me the information before I visited their homes - they just really don't think there's anything at all to be alarmed about. The general opinion was that we'll all get it anyway.

The other thing was how everyone I spoke to is really glad and relieved that the vaccine will be available to everyone. I just didn't know what to make of everyone's attitude. I'm just glad we're out of there!

join