It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney asked CIA to hide plan from Congress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It would be poetic justice after basically claiming for years that the executive branch was above the law.

But what do you expect from someone who mentored under Nixxon?

Sadly ATS attracts mostly conservative and right wingers and they are not about to allow a thread concerning the criminal behaviour of one of their heroes to florish...they will ignore it as much as possible.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Sadly ATS attracts mostly conservative and right wingers and they are not about to allow a thread concerning the criminal behaviour of one of their heroes to florish...they will ignore it as much as possible.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by grover]

Just keep telling yourself that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Well perhaps then the right wing conservatives are the loudest and most annoying just like they are in real life.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by jd140

Cheney the dick and the bush minor administration has a long history of running fast and furious with the law and if and it is an IF this is the secret assassination program that Seymore Hersh discussed, it predates Pelosi's comments...

That is why he is a great scapegoat.

1. He is very disliked

2. Known to bend the law almost to the breaking point.

3. Talks about how torture is necsassary.

If I said Cheney killed my kittens and ate them with no proof (like these dems are doing) people would be inclined to believe me.

Whether this predates what Pelosi was talking about or not doesn't matter. They have their boogyman and will use him as their patsy.

edit to add-

Pelosi accsusing the CIA of lying to Congress during a briefing is a big thing. Its even bigger when she doesn't provide proof of her claims.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by jd140]

Dude, seriously, stop reading World Nutjob Daily or watching Faux News. THE CIA CAME OUT AND SAID CHENEY DID THIS! Or is the CIA lying about that?

Liz Cheney last week said the CIA DOES NOT LIE and you are anti American if you say otherwise and are hurting the CIA agents. This week? "The CIA is LYING! Kill every CIA agent for this evil liberal communist lie!" Rips the head off of a CIA agent.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Dude, seriously, stop reading World Nutjob Daily or watching Faux News. THE CIA CAME OUT AND SAID CHENEY DID THIS! Or is the CIA lying about that?

Which was well within the law. The plan never left the planning stages and the law gives him the authority to keep it quiet.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No it doesn't. Despite what Cheney has told you, the VP has 0 power EXCEPT to break a tie vote in the Senate and take over if the President is killed or in a state(surgery, so forth) that he can't perform. Other then that the VP HAS NO POWER BY THE CONSTITUTION! Of course, that damn piece of paper means nothing to the GOP.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

yet he himself leaked information to the press about CIA agent Plame, as dirty politics, exposing her spy activities, and grossly violating the law.

Cheney is a criminal, plain and simple.

That just isn't true. How can you get so many stars for such a completely baseless claim? First of all, Richard Armitage is the guy who accidentally leaked Plame's name. Secondly, she wasn't even active or actually covert. She did a spread in Rolling Stone before any of this, posing as a secret agent. So spare us all this political spin please.

www.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage acknowledged Thursday that he was the source who first revealed the identity of CIA officer Valerie Plame to syndicated columnist Robert Novak back in 2003, touching off a federal investigation.

Armitage told the CBS Evening News that he did so inadvertently.

"I feel terrible," Armitage said. "Every day, I think, I let down the president. I let down the secretary of state. I let down my department, my family, and I also let down Mr. and Mrs. Wilson."

Yet, the investigation went on for two years as political theater and some folks continue to hold on to false revisions of history. I find it interesting that some people hold on to this story, yet never had anything to say about the New York Times leaking an actual covert agent who requested not to.

nytimes.com...

The Central Intelligence Agency asked The New York Times not to publish the name of Deuce Martinez, an interrogator who questioned Khalid Shaikh Mohammed and other high-level Al Qaeda prisoners, saying that to identify Mr. Martinez would invade his privacy and put him at risk of retaliation from terrorists or harassment from critics of the agency.

After discussion with agency officials and a lawyer for Mr. Martinez, the newspaper declined the request

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

That is the simplified right wing revision and nothing more...

She was active and she was covert and it has already been proven that more than one white house official was involved in leaking her name but you just go on believing the right wing revisions if it helps you sleep at night for supporting a criminal administration...

for that certainly is what the bush minor administration was...and none more so than cheney the dick.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Oh it was certainly illegal,no doudt of it.Congress will spank Dick for this.But im not sure just how hard.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ha.
Turns out this thread is a joke.

How can it be a secret today if the C.I.A. plans were reported by The New York Times 7 years ago?

Bush Has Widened Authority of C.I.A. to Kill Terrorists

Published: Sunday, December 15, 2002

WASHINGTON, Dec. 14 ? The Bush administration has prepared a list of terrorist leaders the Central Intelligence Agency is authorized to kill, if capture is impractical and civilian casualties can be minimized, senior military and intelligence officials said.

The previously undisclosed C.I.A. list includes key Qaeda leaders like Osama bin Laden and his chief deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, as well as other principal figures from Al Qaeda and affiliated terrorist groups, the officials said. The names of about two dozen terrorist leaders have recently been on the lethal-force list, officials said. "It's the worst of the worst," an official said.

Original NYT report from 2002

I know members of Congress don't like to read the bills that are put forth before them but now we know they don't like to read the paper either.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Whats even more disturbing is that the Obama administration is doing the assassinations now instead of the Bush administration. If Obama is attempting to ASSASSINATE Osama Bin Laden, Obama needs to be stopped!! Theres a reason why we didn't want assassinations and now Obama is allowed to do such barbaric action.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Clinton tried to bomb Osama...or at least thats the story...and Bush and Cheney wanted to send in some trained guys to oust the said terrorists.

Bush Senior just sent the armed forces in to get the said enemy or terrorist.

Remember Operation Pineapple and that guy just got out of jail recently.

Hell we where all over Beruit with both Carter and Reagen as well as with Nixon and Ford.

Nothings has changed so far as I can see.

Johnson had us in Laos and Cambodia!! So where is the surprise with all of this.

Do you all think President Obama is going to change this. Do you not think that their are things that President Obama will/must hide from congress? Of course their are things President Obama has hidden from Congress and we must hope he did it for the well being of America and the free world.

Do you think that somehow Cheney and Bush broke some precedence?

The only President to do this would have been Ford...so maybe President Obama can follow President Fords way of cleaning house.

Ford needed to change things in order to calm down the whole frikken country as the country was a mess at that point in time...so the Church Committee made some changes...but the party never stopped... did it!

The party stilled rolled on.

It has survived Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Beirut, Granada, Panama, Gulf one, Soviet Meltdown, Bosnia etc etc etc etc.

This is just some big political game we are all viewing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join