It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney asked CIA to hide plan from Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

Why would that be? That's an absurd statement.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Unless you had friends and family in the twin towers on 9/11, or in Iraq he's ok I guess..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
There is only 2 things I have to say about this: 1. Who was to be assassinated? 2. If it is made public who was on the Dick list, will there be repercussions. I am thinking the intended target(s) have nothing to do with the war because I am sure it has already been revealed to some and if it was a terrorist leader then there would not be a problem. It must be someone of importance and someone who does not need to be assassinated.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The only reasons i didn't chime in is because Dick Cheney is a slippery s.o.b., best luck getting something, anything stick.

Let's not forget the little provision he pushed that keeps him and the boys prosecution free from anything that relates to Gitmo. Hell, even Condy had her Frost/Nixon moment, so you know that they know whatever they were doing was not only illegal but illegal as hell.

The whole damn system is corrupt and it looks like the only way to kill this headache is by cuttin of the head.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm not shocked that there have been so little replies to this thread.I think most people don't expect Cheney or any former member of the Bush Administration to face justice,that just does not happen in this day and age when avoiding responsibility is considered a virtue .All this talk of the DOJ actually launching an investigation is just an empty threat designed to appease the Democratic base and energize the Republican base. All part of the show,nothing more.

[edit on 033131p://0726 by mike dangerously]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

That was hefficide.. but I stole it

Of course nothing will ever happen to Cheney, as said a million times before. I love the family guy bit they did on him where he's a walmart greeter..

"Go f*** yourself, Go f*** yourself, Go f*** yourself.."

Man I laughed..

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Dick C. is a traitor he sold you country so he could make a gazillion dollars on his dark business, i wonder why someone haven´t gone thru the numbers and check out how much Dick c and G.bush companies made on these "wars" of freedom they are fighting.

Best regards

Loke...

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Sounds like mr. cheney committed treason and should be tried as such.

As more and more info like this comes to light, I hope my fellow Americans wake up and demand that he and a number of other bush administration officials be arrested and charged.

The problem is that people in the new administration are still afraid of him due to his connections within the intelligence community.

I vote for arrest and trial !

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
While it is not against the law to take out an enemy in a combat zone and while Al Qeada's leaders are not national leaders and as such we can take them out without violating any laws what makes this so bad is not only was the CIA authorized to do it if they could, they were authorized to do it anywhere in the world.... that means in other countries outside the war zone and in cities if necessary.

He have had a few politicial assissinations carried out here in the US... most notably a bombing in the late 80's (I think) in Washington and the US government took great offense at the fact it was done here not only on US soil but in the capital. And any other country would be in their rights to be equally upset.

And then to tell the CIA to lie to congress about it...it is in clear violation of the law.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Can you imagine the outrage from the Right Wing if the Obama administration hid any information from congress or the House and tried to sidestep the rule of law?

Imagine the lack of outrage from the left if it was Obama.

The fact is, this is completely politically motivated. The democrats gave this to the media, before Republicans. No laws were broken and the plan was never put in to action.

More distractions from the people who control our government right now, the Democrats.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Ordering the CIA not to inform (the so called gang of eight) congressional leaders as required was indeed a direct violation of the law whether or not the program was ever implemented or not.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by grover

Even if the only thing Cheney ordered the CIA to hide was a secret bunker discount from Papa John's Pizza... it was still illegal and a direct violation of congressional oversight.

Can you provide proof that any laws actually apply to Dick Cheney? I think that he has pretty firmly established that they do not.

Sorry Karl,

But many times I agree with your statements. Not in this case. Just because he had laws passed to TRY and supercede the consitution to protect his rear doesn't mean that the law does NOT apply to him. What he did, by TELLING the CIA to hide things is illegal. There are seriously checks and balances in place to prevent presidencies and their cronies from manipulating the laws to protect their gruesome and illegal activities. He is one of the worse. National security? That is the biggest BS security blanket for these criminals to hide behind.

Many believe that what that administration has done was protect this country. NO, what they have done is MADE many more countries and factions hate us and made us LESS secure.

Now, this could very well be a simple attempt to try and make Nancy look good for her accusations. It could be part of the game to keep us divided. But I will not change my mind on Cheney one bit. He is a criminal. His actions have shown this. His public lies have shown this.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Although I am leaning more towards your claim of keeping us divided I still believe this man is a criminal. And if he did do this, which I believe he did simply from his past actions and arrogant stance on things, it is STILL illegal. Period.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by jd140
BOOM!

You know have the Democrats scape goat.

Pelosi says CIA misinformed (lied) Congress. Realizing she put her foot in her mouth she gives a press conferance that goes horribly wrong. She dissappears for a while, but the Republicans isn't letting her get away with her accusastions.

Democrats finally get their crap together and stand behind Pelosi backing her claims. A week later this story breaks.

I find it convienant.

Perhaps, but we must get away from the idea that it's Dem vs. Repub. These are the two "gatekeeper" parties. They are kept in place so that those who identify with one can point fingers at the other. All the while, those that are REALLY doing things and moving against us can creep around in the background doing what they want while we are distracted.

Seriously, Cheney made evil moves, regardless of his party, and on behalf of the REAL masters on this planet.

Didn't say anything about this being a Dem vs Repub thing.

What I did say was the Dems got their crap together and started backing Pelosi.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Again, I never said anything about this being a Dems vs Repub thing.

I really don't know where you are pulling that out of.

The plan never left the drawing board. It was an on and off thing that after 8 years was still not close enough to even being operational.

Maybe they should have said "Hey congress we have this thing in the works, but don't worry because we aren't really that committed to it. Its a kind of a side project."

Maybe they did tell the party repesenitives and was told to keep it quite, as the article said they was required to do.

I'm not scared of the boogyman and will allow time for an investigation to determine if any wrong doing was done. Just like I did when Pelosi made her comments.

I'm still waiting for her to back her claims or to be punish for making false accusations.

If I can be this patient with Pelosi then you can be patient with Cheney.

Of course you won't be, he's your boogyman.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its funny reading this...let me get this straight.
CIA assassination plots and oh, they're told to NOT tell Congress.

"Mr. CFR and Halliburton", Dick Cheney and "Mr. Tamiflu" Don Rumsfeld are the epitome of the corporate sponsored PTB and both of these crooks have worked in and around the White House since the Ford administration if not prior, the Nixon administration with Don Rumsfeld.

When not in the White House Dick Cheney was employed as the Director of the Council on Foreign Relations.
They've wielded so much power and have operated clandestinely with the CIA for so long that they've pretty deemed themselves above the meager Constitutional law of us commoners.

I wholeheartedly agree, that nothing will become of this. Cheney is a key member of the elitist Club, the inner circle... the shadow government.

If pushed too far, We'll see these amateurish Democrats , who innocently still believe in this corrupt political system of smoke and mirrors , private planes going down left and right. Similar to what happened to JFK jr. when he was going to out Bush Sr. and the CIA's involvement with his Dad's assassination.

Remember what we were told as children, never play with fire because you might get burned.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Well this is frustrating don't you think?... Good then now you know how the other side feels about Bary's 33 ssi #'s and certificate of live birth!

I Think that both sides are the problem and I think Chaney should hang for this. But it is not any less important than my issue with Obama.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Ugh. I'm sorry but all I have to say is, of course he did. I'm so frustrated that so many things many of us just KNEW are just now coming out. I mean I'm glad they are but why are the "journalists" just seeing this and reporting on it and people paying attention to it NOW?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just turned in a paper to my political science class today, and I chose this article.

Here is some of what I wrote.

I will start by saying, WHAT THE F@$%? So there was a program on counterterrorism put in place by a Vice President who ignored the constitution, ignoring it completely by not discussing it with the other branches of congress, and now we have Senators coming forward saying that some laws quote unquote may have been broken? Are you kidding me? Is not going against the United States Constitution way beyond breaking some law? This makes me wonder what other things are kept from Congress and from the public itself. If we have these type of things happening, mind you no small matter at all, how am I supposed to feel as a citizen when our government is ran this way?

The Constitution was put in place to make sure things like this do not happen, yet some people in Congress seem to do as they please as if they themselves are above it all. Jon Kyl says "what if this is a top secret program" and?? what if it is? Being in Congress you should have access to every single form that has something to do with this country and its programs regardless of top secret or public information. I thought that Congress had my and other citizens best interest in mind, but I am now starting to think that the Government has out grown the governed and in all reality no longer needs the voice of its people. This is just one instance out of many I am sure and it angers me beyond words.

If this type of stuff happens in the Congress, then little ole me really is a sheeple. I have no power, no voice, I do not matter to the government. I just hope that the powers that be opens their eyes and realizes that without the people there would be no government. So keep pushing, pretty soon we will push back.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wow. They're saying he's laying really low and may even be arrested? Do you guys think that might happen. That would unfrustrate me...to a degree. Isn't this kind of a huge story?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join