It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney asked CIA to hide plan from Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Look people have only been screaming about Dick's antics for eight years now.
Maybe something will finally get done?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Not to defend Bush or anything but maybe if we lived in a land where gas was 10 dollars a gallon and heating oil was unaffordable to the east coast may give a different interpretation of what is going on.

We live in a time in which good for one...meaning cheap energy...is hell to another.

If you can come up with a way to fix this then you should call President Obama as he faces the same problems Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower faced.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've seen people say, that the CIA avoid telling congress stuff, because they tend to blab it around. How come they can't just come to an agreement, that if something would be damaging to national security, that congress just shuts up about it?

And no personally I don't think details of torture leaking is damaging to national security, if this was a story about that.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Cheney instructs the CIA not to inform, by law, congress of some of it's activities fearing they might leak it to the press, yet he himself leaked information to the press about CIA agent Plame, as dirty politics, exposing her spy activities, and grossly violating the law.

Cheney is a criminal, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Not to defend Bush or anything but maybe if we lived in a land where gas was 10 dollars a gallon and heating oil was unaffordable to the east coast may give a different interpretation of what is going on.

We live in a time in which good for one...meaning cheap energy...is hell to another.

If you can come up with a way to fix this then you should call President Obama as he faces the same problems Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower faced.

I came up with a solution, but I'm saving my phone minutes in case a prospective employer calls me - have to have enough to keep connected.

Besides, Obama doesn't want solutions - if he did, his first act would have been getting rid of the "Patriot" Act.

And Obama, Bush, Clinton and even possibly Carter were working for some higher group. And their aims have clearly not been solutions for us.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks like some of the stuff about this secret plan is coming out. Assassination and apparently a torture facility more secret than Abu graib. Where taliban "ghosts" were kept in secret.

C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

The plans remained vague and were never carried out, the officials said, and Leon E. Panetta, the C.I.A. director, canceled the program last month.

Officials at the spy agency over the years ran into myriad logistical, legal and diplomatic obstacles. How could the role of the United States be masked? Should allies be informed and might they block the access of the C.I.A. teams to their targets? What if American officers or their foreign surrogates were caught in the midst of an operation? Would such activities violate international law or American restrictions on assassinations overseas?

I'm extremely skeptical about the plans being shelved for logistic and legal difficulties. Like Cheney really cares about international law and other trivialities. This would be killing the golden goose pure and simple. Assassination is efficient and effective, but it is not as profitable as war, and regime change is definitely not as simple as killing the current leader.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Cheney instructs the CIA not to inform, by law, congress of some of it's activities fearing they might leak it to the press, yet he himself leaked information to the press about CIA agent Plame, as dirty politics, exposing her spy activities, and grossly violating the law.

Hadn't even thought of that ironic association
I fear if this rock is really over-turned, that it will open up a HUGE can of worms and this will only be the tip of the iceberg! People on both sides of the fence will be surprised, dis-appointed and disgusted.

Here's an update article on the political spins already...

CIA inquiry raises stakes for Nancy Pelosi

From Source:
The House intelligence committee’s pursuit of a full-scale investigation into whether the CIA misled Congress raises the stakes dramatically for Speaker Nancy Pelosi. If the inquiry shows the CIA concealed information about a covert antiterrorist program, Pelosi may be vindicated for her accusations that the CIA lied to Congress. But the fresh publicity surrounding this CIA program — reportedly designed to assassinate terrorists — has given Republicans yet another chance to paint Pelosi as a weak-kneed Democrat who lets her politics hamper the ability of intelligence agencies in the war on terror.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Most of us here know that Cheney and Bush circumvented a lot of laws and courts to get what they thought was right .............. but .... I sure miss last summer when those two dufus's put a gorrila suit in a freezer, covered it in goo and dentures and passed it off as bigfoot. That was fun !

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You people act like the liberals are innocent. Lets face the facts...There are powerful men in our government, men that don't support the republicans nor democrats but rather support there own plan to tighten there power grip on america and what really gets on my nervous is people coming on ats pretending like democrats or republicans are innocent. you people need to wake up and forget these party lines crap.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I say that it's just another attempt by the mass media to discredit 9/11 conspirators by making people think that the CIA was struck completely unaware and wanted to assassinate more "terrorists."

What's so surprising about government keeping secrets? I shouldn't even have to ask that question.

Actually, I shouldn't even have responded to this thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So i saw headlines about this i think it was friday and i came on here friday night expecting it to be all over the site. I was disappointed when i didn't see one post about this stuff. But the headlines i read were something along the lines of Bush doing stuff i didn't actually read them but whatever. I know the Dems arn't any better then the reps but it's all just a divide and conquer thing. Thanks for this post star and flag for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah maybe ...in exchange for some softer punishment, Cheney will spill some beans!!
Highly unlikely, but I can only pray!!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
THIS PLAN WAS NOT EVEN IMPLEMENTED YOU FRIGGIN @#$@W$@#$#@$

HOW DO YOU CANCEL A PLAN THAT WAS NOT EVEN IMPLEMENTED??????

_javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')_java script:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Cheney is a scumbag crook, cares only for power and don't matter who it hurts.
Yet nothing will happen. When will this zoo close down?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

In a land where justice is supposed to one of our greatest virtues, all criminals should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and yet those with prestige and power get a "get out of jail free" card, are slapped on the wrist, and continue their nefarious activities.

It reminds me of that Chappelle sketch where they reverse the legal system and corporate execs and politicians have to go through the legal system usually reserved for inner city minorities, wouldn't that be peachy?

I plead the fif!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Cheney is an American hero. He was doing what he felt was the right thing to do in the context of having an opposition party that wants to exploit anything for political gains, regardless of the national interest. Personally, I don't think any of the things, including the worst amongst them are problematic. I do think that having a legislative branch that leaks anything they hear is problematic. Very problematic.

Why do you think that Obama has some 32 Czars? Because he is smart enough to know that Congress sucks and he is trying to get something done. I am not an Obama fan, but I think his moving to a shadow government, runing his policy through non-congressional oversight folks is brilliant. I wish the things he wants to get done were the things I wanted to have done, but thems the breaks.

Cheney's the man. We all sleep better for having him served the country. I don't give a rat's ass about the "ethics" involved. I care about the safety of my family and he helped provide that. I don't have any problem with water-boarding, kill squads or any of that. Find the bad guys and put them down.

This ain't "big news" or a "major story". It is something to throw into the media to take attention away from the fact that Obama is losing support and losing it quickly.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
it is only a matter of time before this Dick is institutionalized ... 2012 or sooner!

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Oh geez.....why do I think we are getting taken for a ride again? Like someone is pulling our chain or trying to lead us on or distract us with something while someting else is going on in the background? Probably because it has happened so...so...so many times before. We always buy into it hook, line and sinker too. No wonder they call us sheep, we are that predictable. This is a distraction. They won't touch Cheney or Bush and deep down you all know it.The question is....what else are they trying to hide with this obvious distraction.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I absolutely positively guarantee you 1000% that Cheney will come out of this unscathed, as usual. He could slaughter 2 billion people in cold blood, on live TV in front of the other 4 billion and he would _still_ ... NEVER get brought to justice.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Someone in another thread once said:

Satan has to talk to his therapist at least once a week about a recurring nightmare he has that Dick Cheney is hiding under his bed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join