It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Found It!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe I'm jumping the gun, I was just looking around online, but I am certain I found what I think it was Ma-ha-bone was asking for.

A list of Masonic charities.

www.srmason-sj.org...

Hope this clears up any confusion if anyone thinks we're taking an unfair cut of money donated to charities to "rule the world" or anything like that

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This guy found public information of a secret society!

They messed up and let the secret out. !!!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Mason's aren't "secret" and the user (Freemason) is one of ATS's legendary nutters.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
what should one do to be classed as one of ATS' legendary nutters?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
just do what i do , and in addition pretend like your on the inside (which is unlike me)

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
www.srmason-sj.org...
Hope this clears up any confusion if anyone thinks we're taking an unfair cut of money donated to charities to "rule the world" or anything like that

Sincerely,
no signature
This is how they operate on the lower levels to fool the people. Putting cash into charities allows them to take large tax breaks.

The so-called Blue Degrees have no idea what goes on in the upper levels of the pyramid.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
33rd degree FreeMasons follow a 6000 (or so) year old tradition.. EXACTLY as it was back then. Everybody below that is kinda... out of the loop. But they're not exactly here to "take over the world" or anything, they would've done that 6000 yrs ago and stuff...

More like "overseers". But eh what do I know

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i heard they worship belial, the guy mentioned in contrast to jesus in the bible...

i heard that they use "fellowship" as the initiating factor to pull in their initiates; but a question?

how can becoming bounded and binded to a set of rules create freedom, further how can one "know" that they are not the perpetuators of the social ills, created just to pull in potential followers of "their" light? further how does one even resist such a thing once a member? i bet it would take 6000 years for both polarities to completely comprehend what the other was doing...

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

33rd degree FreeMasons follow a 6000 (or so) year old tradition.. EXACTLY as it was back then.

Actually, 33° Masons follow a tradition that is 203 years old. The 33° was instituted in the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite in 1801. The Blue Lodge Degrees of the York Rite as practiced today predates the Scottish Rite 33° by about a century, as does the Royal Arch Degree.
Originally, the 33° was created for the sole purpose of recognising a Sovereign Grand Inspector General (i.e., a voting member of the Supreme Council). In the 1870's, this was changed under Brother Albert Pike's administration. The Pike legislation allowed the 33° to be conferred upon Brothers as an honorariam, in recognition of services rendered to the fraternity, the community, and/or the nation. Therefore, today, most 33° Masons fall under the category of being an Honorary Inspector General instead of an actual one.
Pike also instituted an honor even higher than the 33°, called the Grand Cross of the Court of Honour. This is the highest honor that one may receive in the Scottish Rite, and one may be decorated with it only for the most outstanding services.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by FreeMason
This is how they operate on the lower levels to fool the people. Putting cash into charities allows them to take large tax breaks.

Tax exempt-status was created by and for the Rockefellers, the DuPonts, Masons. Fot obvious reasons.

What the Masons and other groups do at the lower levels has nothing to do with what the high-level members do. They may be 33rd Mason, and also belong to CFR, S&B, Illuminati or other such group. Don't forget all these groups are inter-realted on some level and that thee is a definitive heirarchy of authority.

The Catholic Church supports charities, too. That doesn't make them any less corrupt or greedy. Faithful Catholics have not direct knowledge of wrong-doing at the top, either.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Tax exempt-status was created by and for the Rockefellers, the DuPonts, Masons. Fot obvious reasons.

Tax-exempt status was created by the Congress when the U.S. Constitution was ratified. At that time, most churches were involved in organized charities, such as the operating of orphanages, etc.
Tax legislation today focuses on levying taxes upon gross income for both business and private individuals. Organizations that do not make profits are not required to pay taxes, since there is no income.
For the most part, Masonic Lodges are non-profit entities, and thus are not required to pay federal taxes. My own Lodge is an exception; we own a building that we lease to commercial businesses. Therefore, we are required to pay property taxes, as well as taxes levied upon the income we receive from it.

What the Masons and other groups do at the lower levels has nothing to do with what the high-level members do.

This is perhaps the most common of all misconceptions about Freemasonry. In reality, there is no such thing as “high level” and “low level” members. Either a man is a Mason, or he’s not, there is no in between.
Masonry is divided into degrees of membership, but not in the way commonly told by conspiracy theorists and anti-Masonic propagandists. A man first becomes a Master Mason by completing the three degrees of the Blue Lodge. These are the oldest Masonic degrees, and can be dated back to the stonemason guilds of the middle ages.
Once a man has received the third degree, he is a full member of the fraternity. In the U.S., this generally takes about 2 months, as the candidate is initiated into these degrees in three separate ceremonies. After becoming a Master Mason, he is entitled to attend meetings in his Lodge or other Lodges, and may hold office in his Lodge or his Grand Lodge. The highest ranking Masonic official in any jurisdiction is the Grand Master, and one need only hold the third degree to be elected to that office.
If a Brother chooses, he may also join the Scottish Rite, the York Rite, the Shriners, the Tall Cedars of Lebanon, or any other appendent Masonic organization he wishes to. The Scottish Rite confers degrees beginning at the 4th and ending at the 33rd. A 33° Mason is not “higher” than a 3° Mason. Both the 33° and 3° are subject to the same rules of the fraternity, and must follow any edicts approved by the Lodge by majority vote. If a 33° Mason is serving in the office of Junior Deacon, and the Worshipful Master has only the 3°, then in this case the 3° Mason outranks the 33° Mason.
A good analogy is the length of a rope. A rope that is 33 feet long is not “higher” than a rope that is 3 feet long. And so it is with Masonry.
Also, any Master Mason who wants the extra degrees of the Scottish Rite may receive them, there is no “elitism” involved. I myself went from being a non-Mason to a 32° Mason in about 6 months.
Some jurisdictions are now doing “weekend classes” for the whole thing. Non-Masons who’ve been elceted for membership show up on Friday night, and they do 6 or 7 degrees, go home, come back Saturday morning, then go all the way up to the 32°, then into the Shrine. There are now many Brothers who went from being a non-Mason to a 32° Mason and Shriner in one weekend.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for that info.

But, I am still skeptical. Are you telling me that all of the skullduggery done throughout history by Freemasons is just a coincidence? All the many books and websites that mention how Freemasonry works against the good of the country is bunk?
An example, before Abraham Lincoln died, the Freemason-controlled Congress passed the National Banking Act of 1863.
This created a federally chartered national bank with the power to issue US bank notes. These were notes lent to the government at interest by the Masonic bankers.
BTW, Lincoln was against this move. He didin't think the govt needed to have money lent to it, the govt should print its own.

Also, is it true that the "God" of the Freemasons is called Jahbulon?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You have to read this thread started by DeltaChaos. It puts secret societies into a good perspective. Nothing really secret, just that there are groups of people in these societies that have common goals.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Are you telling me that all of the skullduggery done throughout history by Freemasons is just a coincidence?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "skullduggery." If you'd like to elaborate, I'll attempt to respond.

All the many books and websites that mention how Freemasonry works against the good of the country is bunk?

On this, at least, I know exactly what you're talking, and may respond with a "yes, it's absolutely bunk." Freemasonry is not a banking organization, nor is it a religion, a cult, a political party, or any other nefarious group as leveled against us by some critics. We are a fraternity, founded by operative stonemasons in England during the middle ages. At that time, there were also guilds of carpenters, blacksmiths, etc.
Around the mid-1600's, men began to join the Lodges who were not actually stonemasons, but who were interested in the history and traditions of the fraternity. Over the next 50 years or so, this sort of turned Masonry into a kind of cigar-and-brandy gentlemen's club.
But in the early 1700's, a radical transformation took place. The Age of Enlightenment swept across Europe, and the philosophical intelligentsia began to view Masonry as a method of teaching Enlightenment principles. The old initiation rituals were re-written by philosophers, being transformed from simple stonemason rites into elaborate ceremonies which taught philosophy, science, and morality.
For example, in the old stonemason ritual, the candidate for initiation was presented with working tools. One of these tools was the level, which is used in stone and brick masonry in order to determine if the stone or brick being layed is even, without one being higher or lower than the one placed next to it.
Today, the working tools are still presented to candidates, but they have been given philosophical meanings. To the old stonemsons, the Level represented the equality of stones. To modern Masons, the Level is the symbol of the equality of men. The concept that all men are equal in the eyes of God and the law is derived from the Age of Enlightenment, and was adopted by Masonry at an early period.

An example, before Abraham Lincoln died, the Freemason-controlled Congress passed the National Banking Act of 1863.

A "Freemason-controlled Congress" is a misnomer because it insinuates that just because men are Masons they will agree with each other. In reality, this usually isn't the case. Even if every member of Congress was a Mason, they would still be divided on a partisan level, with some being Democrats, some Republicans, and others Independents. A good example is the presidential race of the late 40's; three Masons (Democrat Truman, Republican Dewey, and States Rights Thurmond) couldn't agree on anything, and although all of them were Masons, I don't think they even liked each other in the least. The same could be said of Kerry and Bush: they likewise belong to the same fraternity, but they aren't exactly bosom buddies.
Fraternal ties can be very strong, but partisanship is usually stronger.
Also concerning Lincoln: it is sometimes falsely reported that he was a Mason, although he was not. He applied for membership in a Chicago Lodge, and was accepted. But he decided to wait until he left the White House to join, and was assasinated before he was initiated.
Several famous military leaders on both sides of the Civil War were Masons. The most well-known are the Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Albert Pike (Pike was also an important Masonic administrator and author). The Union Army also had many Masons, but were of less fame.

Also, is it true that the "God" of the Freemasons is called Jahbulon?

No. Technically, there is no "god of the Freemasons" because Masons do not share the same religious beliefs. In the U.S., Canada, and Europe most Masons are of the Christian faith.
Another principle of the Enlightenment is the doctrine of the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of God. Masons believe in one God, but we also believe that each person has the right to worship according to the dictates of his or her conscience. Freemasonry therefore refuses to interfere with its members personal religious beliefs, and provides a setting where the Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, and Hindu may meet in fellowship as Brothers, all recognizing the Creator, and our duties to Him to accept our fellows as His children also.
Personally, I was raised Presbyterian, converted to a hippie Buddhist in my teens, and eventually became interested in the Kabbalah and similar forms of eastern mysticism. My view of God is similar to that of Spinoza and Einstein, but I recognize the right of my Lodge Brothers (and everyone else) to take different views of the Deity if they wish.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
and in times when i hear such responses as those given by m.light; i feel like a ruffian for not looking within myself for the ills i project on the frame of life...

yet, i do under/innerstand that there is a force of malevolency and there have been several people involved with not keeping it "real" with humanity about the issues and realities it faces...

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very good postings, Masonic Light. You basically answered my question I U2U'ed you. I'm glad a mason has finally come out and just said what all the hoopla is really about. Even other masons gave me the impression that you would be in your late 60's before you were able to hit 33rd degree. Most of the masons I've talked to and read posts from would say 'there are no secrets', but would be extremely hesitant to answer any questions, which makes a person sketchy about the non-secret part.

Glad to know masons honor religious diversity. That is good. I could only assume, though, that there are some 'pure christian' lodges that don't accept any other belief... alot of the christian nation seem to think that it's all their way and that everyone should believe as they do (crusades that never really ended). But, that could easily be the case with any society.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
Even other masons gave me the impression that you would be in your late 60's before you were able to hit 33rd degree.

9. Why does Muhammad make the Devil Study from
thirty-five to fifty years before he can call himself a
Muslim son? And wear the greatest and only Flag of the
Universe? And he must add a sword on the upper part of
the Holy and Greatest Universal Flag of Islam?

Answer: So that he could clean himself up. A Muslim does not love the Devil regardless to how long he studies. After he has devoted thirty-five or fifty years trying to learn and do like the original man, he could come and do trading among us and we would not kill him as quick as we would the other Devils - that is, who have not gone under this Study.
After he goes through with this Labor from thirty-five to fifty years, we permit him to wear our Holy Flag, which is the Sun, Moon and Star. He must add the sword on the upper part. The sword is the emblem of Justice and it was used by the original man in Muhammad's time.
Thus, it was placed on the upper part of the Flag so that the Devil can always see it, so he will keep in mind that any time he reveals the Secrets, his head would be taken off by the sword. We give him this chance so that he could clean himself up and come among us. The Holy Flag of Islam is the greatest and only Flag known.
The Universe is everything - Sun Moon and Stars. They are planets. Planets are something grown or made from the beginning. And holy is something that has not been diluted, mixed or tampered with in any form.

RR

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Masonic Light you are treading on some very thin ice my friend. Have you forgotten your oath as a Fellowcraft? Anything about writing, printing, painting, cutting, carving, stamping, staining, marking or ingraving ring any bells??

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

But, I am still skeptical. Are you telling me that all of the skullduggery done throughout history by Freemasons is just a coincidence? All the many books and websites that mention how Freemasonry works against the good of the country is bunk?

This is total bunk. If you examine your statement, you can see that the basic premise makes absolutely no sense at all. If you would supply some specific examples of how and when Freemasonry works against the good of the country, we can discuss from that point.

This created a federally chartered national bank with the power to issue US bank notes. These were notes lent to the government at interest by the Masonic bankers.

Bad economic practice, unless you have something like gold to back up the pieces of paper that you want to call currency. Just look at countries in South America where the inflation rate is totally out of control because of this.

john

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cardsharp
This guy found public information of a secret society!

They messed up and let the secret out. !!!

Public information of a secret society??? Wha..?

Freemasons are not a secret society. They are a society with secrets.

I suppose the same could be said of attorneys and doctors, to name a few.

john

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join