It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu: it's worse than you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Writing off swine flu as a 'mild cold' overhyped by a hysterical media blinds people to its potentially serious consequences

"and I've never felt so ill in my life, not even when I was hospitalised with viral meningitis a few years ago. Swine flu has been pretty similar to that, and nothing like having a normal cold. On Friday, when the virus hit, my partner came home to find me shivering, sweating, coughing and unable to stand any light whatsoever. My hands went numb and it later transpired that my meninges (the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord) were inflamed".

"I've clearly recovered enough to be able to type, although I still can't get to the bathroom unaided and I'm sitting here in a pool of my own sweat (my poor partner keeps changing the sheets, but it's a losing battle). I'm delighted for anyone who's shaken off swine flu quickly and easily, such as Harry Potter star Rupert Grint, but that's not going to be the case for everyone. Writing off justified concerns about the disease and its spread as media hype will not help anybody".

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

This is media propoganda.

Honestly, swine flu is a virus yes but the chances of dying from it are the same as having a bad flu.

Look at the article, it makes out that tamiflu is so hard to get, its all conditioning for when the vaccination is rolled out UK wide. People who read and believe stories like this will be rushing to get their tamiflu shot.

Money makes the world go round and boy are they making money from this.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Agreed totally, unless you have heart disease, diabetes, obesity, liver or kidney problems, cancer, etc your chances of dying from Swine flu are very low.

EVERY death in my state so far has had one of those underlying conditions.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Until it kills more people than normal flu, I don't see a reason to freak out. A little scary virus comes up and people panic, but everyone knows and is fine with the fact that getting cancer, something that almost certainly will kill you, is mainstream.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Others have pointed out, including health professionals, the "underlying problems" is a line presented to calm the population.

As for "bad flu", normal influenza does not have the high infection rate that Swine Flu has. Including a higher mortality rate of near 2% in the most effected regions.

Please do not believe in the Alex Jones "vaccination is a mind control device" conspiracy theory, you will only endanger your life.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sure...until it mutates over and over becoming more and more resistant to anything that is thrown at it.

In the 2009 flu pandemic, the virus isolated from patients in the United States was found to be made up of genetic elements from four different flu viruses – North American Mexican influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza, and swine influenza virus typically found in Asia and Europe – "an unusually mongrelised mix of genetic sequences."[13] This new strain appears to be a result of reassortment of human influenza and swine influenza viruses, in all four different strains of subtype H1N1.

Source

Let's face it, once this genetically engineered monstrosity mutates enough the chances of it wiping out most of the population goes from wild speculation to utter horror.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
you know people used to say that you can tell if it's the flu because you wouldnt get out of bed for £50.

That's how bad the normal flu makes you feel.

people who have never had the flu before are getting it. and saying how bad they feel. well duh! it's the flu your gonna feel like sh*t!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Get better soon, 2 people in my house had swine flu and 1 with a common cold, i didn't catch it... i haven't been sick in about 7 months and counting! i have a secret ;D take vitamins and drink allot of water every-day

Also in your brain, tell yourself that you cant get sick

[edit on 13-7-2009 by allsop]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We had a death in London in the last week that was stated as not having any underlying health problems. But other than that, all others seem to have had other issues.

The rate of death from normal flue is very high, much higher than from this swine flu (currently, that could change in Autumn).

But, TBH, there's little to be overly concerned about, no one I know has had Swine Flu, no one I know has been sick with anything like it since this came about, and until I see people becoming sick I won't even consider a pointless jab.

It IS still dangerous, and it IS still worth watching, because it if mutates again, especially in an Asian arena where Bird Flu is still present, it could become something able to kill millions of people, healthy or otherwise.

But right now, there is nothing to even worry about.

When you personally know of someone sick from this virus, then maybe start to think about it more, but until then, it's pointless to be too concerned beyond staying informed.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, if the flu I had in March was the novel A/H1N1 (as I think it was- on it's first global circuit), I was in bed for three weeks- dynamite couldn't have moved me. It was the worst flu I've ever had (I'm 36 and in otherwise very good health- haven't had flu since I was a child). I couldn't bathe, eat, lived on fluids, my husband had to wash the sheets daily because I was swetay and delerious, etc. What was odd was that I had terrible body aches, but no horrible repiratory symptoms- mine were mostly GI ( as some patients have reported).

If it doesn't mutate I pray I have enough antibodies to stay well through winter- if it does, and I catch it, I'm going to hospital (as I should have done in March).
50 pounds couldn't have lured me from bed, I assure you-
And yet my husband had a mild case- we have no idea why.

This is, I guess, to support that some people become very ill from it and some have minor symptoms and get well in a week or so.

Time will tell in 8 weeks or so, I think....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My whole family had swine flu. The kids recovered much more easily (thank goodness).

The only thing I will say is to watch out for pnemonia. My mother was hospitalized with pnemonia for a week, that was a direct result of having swine flu.

Just like any other flu, you need to take care of yourself or it does get progressively worse.

Also, anyone with a heart condition, diabetes, or any other autoimmune disease should pay special attention. Again, just as with any other flu.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Both the flu and the vaccine are equally dangerous bioweapons used against the populations as are chemtrails and water fluoridation and WHO knows what other poisons they are planning - Oh yes I forgot Codex and Monsanto, together destroying all of our food supply! Lets not listen to Alex

[edit on 13-7-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
UK, british GP dead after contracting swine flu.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Haydn_17

This is media propoganda.

Honestly, swine flu is a virus yes but the chances of dying from it are the same as having a bad flu.

Look at the article, it makes out that tamiflu is so hard to get, its all conditioning for when the vaccination is rolled out UK wide. People who read and believe stories like this will be rushing to get their tamiflu shot.

Money makes the world go round and boy are they making money from this.

They are not the same as this H1N1 is proving to have a mortality rate 3x that of normal flu. Yes the total number is not high yet but the percentage , which is the only gauge we are able to use until this plays out is much higher. So while you are saying it is not bad other people may believe you and relax about catching it, instead they could be vigilante about catching it.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
UK, british GP dead after contracting swine flu.

Cmon, did you read the article..

GP and child with swine flu die
Dr Michael Day
Dr Michael Day worked as a GP in Dunstable, Bedfordshire

A GP and a six-year-old girl have become the latest to die after contracting the swine flu virus.

Ok so they died of swine flu. Oh wait, why dont we read just a little bit down below the headline....

Dr Michael Day died on Saturday in Luton and Dunstable Hospital, but the NHS said the exact cause of death in the case is still unknown.

So the exact cause of death is not known.

Despite this.....

The NHS said the case of Dr Day, who was from Dunstable, has been reported to a coroner for investigation. This latest death brings the total number of swine flu-related deaths in the UK to 17.

But still they add it to the death toll anyway.

Finally we get to see what agenda is being pushed after all the topsy turvey spinning to get you confused....

He added: "The government needs to ensure that all frontline NHS staff are given access to flu vaccines as a matter of urgency.

"It is extremely worrying that GPs are still raising concern over the lack of clarity over who should now be receiving anti-viral treatment."

Should swine flu vaccinations be made compulsory? Send us your comments using the form below:

Classic propoganda, tell a story, conflict through the article then bang your point in at the end as the audience is confused with the bombardment.

Absolutely classic.

Put yer specs on before you read the Biggest Bulls*it Corporation (BBC)

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join