It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Science Czar, says: Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hahahahaha....I don't believe a word of that. If it is, he'll be fired. The man would be obviously skizo.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I personally have to agree with this guy. The only way to save this species is through mass sterilizations and forced abortions.

It's funny that you actually believe you would be safe.

Somehow you believe he is talking about 'other' people and not you. We will see how much you agree with you when they come for you or someone in your family.

And it's also not just about his ludicrous views on sterilization. There are other disturbing views like:

A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives -- using an armed international police force.

I guess you support this as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZenaV
Hahahahaha....I don't believe a word of that. If it is, he'll be fired. The man would be obviously skizo.

Whether you believe it or not does not change the fact that it is true.
You might not want to believe it because the reality of the Obama administration will be slapping you in the face. He will not be fired over this. Why would he? Obama knows full well the views of this idiot and he still decided to bring him on board the Messiah train.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
That zombietime link is still down, how long has it been down for?

The link currently works for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Apparently you missed the joke. Didn't read the entire post.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Good I say we start with China and India they are way over the limit.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Apparently you missed the joke.

Apparently because you just don't have a good sense of humor nor do you know how to express it.
Keep working on it and perhaps one day you might be funny.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The title would more properly be, "Obama's Science Czar *SAID*..." He wrote that stuff over 30 years ago. Peoples' opinions can change in thirty years.

The question is not *whether* to reduce the population, but how it will happen. We have two choices. One choice is that we take steps now to limit reproduction. I'm not convinced that this author's notions are necessary, though if milder methods don't work, then these harsher methods make perfect sense. I'd like to see tax incentives first, then something like the Chinese do - seriously financially penalize those who have more than one child.

The other choice is to let Nature take its course. What that means is we breed ourselves into a crisis where the food supply can no longer feed everyone. Disease and famine kill billions, until we're way down on population. Then there will be plenty of food for everyone, and not so much overcrowding.

Any life will reproduce exponentially, at first. This applies to bacteria in a Petrie dish, all the way to humans. At some point, inevitably, the food runs out, and the population experiences a severe and sudden collapse. No one, outside of a few very freaky biologists, would care about the bacteria. But when it comes to humans, the results are heartbreaking.

We're running out of food, and we're running out of fresh water to drink. We're running out of oil and clean air. Oil is used to manufacture fertilizer, which is absolutely essential to grow the amounts of food that we need. No oil, no fertilizer, no food - and no way to get food from where it's grown to where it's eaten.

Many areas of the world are already starving. Many other areas are severely overcrowded, making diseases more likely, and more dangerous. As our population increases, these problems will only get worse.

Deliberate population control won't work, unless it is an international, world-wide effort. Having an international oversight of this effort makes sense, though of course I'm uneasy about the possibility of being under the eye of anyone who's not from the US.

So yeah, this guy's comments are a little over the top. But they're 32 years old, based on what was known at the time. With improved knowledge and maturity, the author may well have changed many or all of his opinions. And even if not, he's not as wrong as you might think.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
America's reign is comming to the end... illegal powers granted to the president is the end of America...the czars are constitutionally illegal.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The title would more properly be, "Obama's Science Czar *SAID*..." He wrote that stuff over 30 years ago. Peoples' opinions can change in thirty years...With improved knowledge and maturity, the author may well have changed many or all of his opinions.

Peoples' opinions can change in thirty years - and sometimes become a lot worse. Don't assume that age and wisdom makes all smarter or saner. Sometimes, the passage of time makes things worse. Check out the beliefs of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Jim Jones, et al, in their younger years as compared to what they actually did and believed in their later years. In many instances, they became worse in nature and belief as time went on. Time doesn't necessarily mitigate insanity- sometimes it just allows it to ferment.

Originally posted by chiron613
And even if not, he's not as wrong as you might think.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us as to how right he is? Which friends and family are you willing to sacrifice to the Gods of Sane Population Control? Please provide us with a list and forward it to Mr. Holdren so he can put them at the top. What if you come down with some debilitating ailment? Ready to willingly sacrifice yourself at the altar of the Enlightened Bureaucrat that will decide your fate?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This is nothing more than eugenics, hiddens under the guise of helping the nation, and assisting to stabilize the economy.

What a load of crap.

If someone believes in that, great, let them be ignorant, but not on my dime.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well you goobers in the U.S. can rest easy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Your fertility stinks. There is no need to sterilize you. Those Niger folks on the other hand....The Russians need to bring some of them in because apparently their sperm counts/ ovulation cycles are just banging. The Russians are actually paying people to get married and have kids. It's probably going to end up happening in the U.S. soon if we start kicking illegals out because of demographics. There simply are not enough people of working age. The elderly happen to be the fastest growing demographic in the united states right now. Which is all well and good i say since there are no stinking jobs anyway. We can all go on the baby dole or something. Anyway the point here is there is no point in sterilizing the western world. YOU AREN'T HAVING BABIES ANYWAY! /facepalm

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Your fertility stinks. There is no need to sterilize you. Those Niger folks on the other hand.....

EXCUSE ME????

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

EXCUSE ME????

It's called sarcasm. It was glaringly obvious. Considering what else i've said in this thread it should be fairly evident i'm not for sterilization of anyone.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

EXCUSE ME????

It's called sarcasm. It was glaringly obvious. Considering what else i've said in this thread it should be fairly evident i'm not for sterilization of anyone.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by antonia]

I guess it was all the smilie faces that made it glaringly obvious. And for those of us who just read the posts and don't see the avatars that go with them, it's difficult to remember who wrote what but whatever.

J.H. is just one of the many unconstitutionally appointed czars that have been put in place to effect change that no one will want when it comes around.

Over half of his cabinet is new to the positions so we have an inexperienced president and an untried cabinet. We've basically had a coup and no one noticed.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Anyway the point here is there is no point in sterilizing the western world. YOU AREN'T HAVING BABIES ANYWAY! /facepalm

I get the sentiment so no need belaboring that, but you do bring up a good point in your bitterly sarcastic statement: nature will provide a balancing factor when the population is too high for the local environment. Too many bunnies and not enough grass means more bunnies die. Lots of grass means more bunnies, etc.

The point is that natural processes will eventually provide a balance for a given population of animals. We do NOT need government arbitrarily deciding what that balance is.

For those that would state, "Well, if there is not enough grass then a lot of the bunnies will starve..."; I would state that is true. That is the harsh reality and it is inevitable. But what I don't want is a bureaucrat deciding what the appropriate level of population is and enforcing it upon us. Let nature decide. That is the way this planet has run for billions of years and that is the way it should continue. Some will die (actually everyone) and some will live. Let nature take its course. Trusting the future of the species to a pencil-pusher is sure to doom the race to extinction sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Hell we even elect them to public office!

[edit on 7/16/2009 by whatukno]

Wow, that last young lady was awesome, somebody brought her up well.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think the last 6th grader who spoke needs to take Ms. Conyers place. She was certainly more self-possessed, mature, and understanding of the need to take responsibility for one's actions.

It's alarming to think that people like Ms. Conyers and our new science czar are the type of people we choose to represent our value system and make decisions that affect all of us.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

I admit I'm far too dry but frankly I can't understand all the fear mongering over this issue. I don't agree with sterilizing anyone but if we use their logic there really is no point in sterilizing the western nations. If you are going to sterilize anyone should you not sterilize the areas with rapid population growth?

Again everyone reading this, please understand i am not advocating sterilizing anyone. I'm simply questioning the logic of Holders position.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ahhhh, but there is a logic to Holdren's position. Think about it: If you were attempting to create a worldwide 'plantation', would you want a bunch of slaves that were educated and accustomed to free and independent thought or would you want people that were adapted to being brutalized and accepting of the barest subsistence?

Having a plantation filled with Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine and Lenny Bruce types is only going to cause problems. You need a nice docile population that will meekly accept the status quo in exchange for survival. You probably already know about it, but refresh your memory of what the Spartans did to the Helots. They exterminated those that they thought were too smart and too rebellious. They let the sheeple types live to raise the crops. That ensured less potential for revolt. It could be that Holdren and his cronies view us the same way. They don't need a smart person to slave for them - only a docile one.

Bear in mind, while I am NOT saying that people in the first world are any smarter than those in the third world, I am saying that there are loads of people in those nations that have been already inculcated with the idea that they can only accept what they have and shouldn't ask for more. They haven't had the society, education or experience to teach them any different. They have already been conditioned to be slaves and the transition from local peon to world government drone will be a relatively easy one. That's what Holdren and his cabal are looking at.

P.S. I'm far too dry as well - time for another lager.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join