It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Science Czar, says: Forced abortions and mass sterilization needed to save the planet

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
There is an Absolute ZERO sense of reality to philosophies that predict the population spiraling beyond our ability to deal with it.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there!!!

The link below will take you to a "Human Population Counter/Clock"

You can even punch in any year you like to see the human population for that year, as of right THIS minute, ...

July 15, 2009 the population is 6,759,544100 people on Earth.

And just 100 years ago there was, ...

July 15, 1909 the population was 771,696160 people on Earth!

This is a very alarming rate that the human population is growing here on Earth!

That is why some people have theorized that the human race are the cancer of the Earth!

Why Are There So Many of Us? Description and Diagnosis of a Planetary Ecopathological Process

Geddes (1915), included a scheme of cities that included "patholopolis." Because spectacular growth and invasiveness are outstanding characteristics of the human population, the similarity of the human species to a cancerous process comes readily to mind, especially to a physician.

Humans as Cancer

As seen by astronauts and photographed from space by satellites, millions of manmade patterns on the land surface of Earth resemble nothing so much as the skin conditions of cancer patients. The transformation of the natural contours of the land into the geometric patterns of farm fields, the straightening of meandering rivers into canal-like channels, and the logging of forests into checkerboard clearcuts all have their counterparts in the loss of normal skin markings in cancer victims.

The deintion of cancer is:

Cancer - Dictionary.com

Any of various malignant neoplasms characterized by the proliferation of anaplastic cells that tend to invade surrounding tissue and metastasize to new body sites.
******SKIP******
cancer

A disease characterized by rapid growth of cells in the body, often in the form of a tumor. Cancer is invasive — that is, it can spread to surrounding tissues.

Just replace the word "cells" with "humans" and the word "tissue" with "land, and the word "body" with the word "Earth"!

Here's a video that shows from 2000 years ago the population growth of humans, you will notice that the population REALLY took off in the last 130 years or so!!!

Overpopulation IS a real problem that WILL happen in the future, it is not something that is debatable like "Global Warming"!

Is sterilization the answer, I hope it won't be, but sooner or later people are going to have to come to the realization that, the way the Earth's human population is exploding, sooner or later we will run out of the resources here on Earth to feed, cloth and shelter all the people.

Sooner or later there will have to be a plan to have at least zero population growth.

There is only a finite amount of resources on this planet and it will only sustain a finite amount of life!

If our population growth keeps growing at the same rate, in the foreseeable future we we may cross that line to sustain our own population!

[edit on 7/15/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I remember in the early 70's a man named Paul Erhlich wrote a book called 'The Population Bomb'! His predictions were a bit off.

Population Bomb

I think the new version of this scare tactic will backfire also!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking
reply to post by constantwonder

Still waiting for one person who has actually read this book to post here.

EDIT: Awesome, you have 'Deny Ignorance' as your avatar. Have you dispelled any ignorance today, or encouraged it? What facts are you armed with in you battle against ignorance today?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by suicydking]

uhm what. . . . poking at my avatar because i pointed out the obvious that this loon is a known eugenics supporter and that should bother people so id say yeah i try to dispell some. . . . you can sugar coat it any way you want but its EUGENICS

why dont you educate yourself to the problem at hand before making posts such as that that add nothing to the issue at hand and fosters unwarrented animosity amongst members of the board.

on a different note i did finally see this kicked around on the news by Glen Beck lovem or hatem he's got this "science czar" pegged for the eugenics maniac he is.

i really hoped Obama would prove me wrong and make a real difference (even though i didnt vote for him). I wanted sucess but its actually getting far worse than even the bush administration and were not even through the first year of his administration

[edit on 15-7-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
I'm all for retro-sterilization AND definately know of many that should be Retro Aborted!!! And I'm not one of them...

Well see that is it Doc, of course your not gonna target yourself
for racial purity or genetic cleansing, etc etc.

But some ppl who find your point of view on some subjects
not in line with theirs might decide you need to be cleansed.

If you look back in history, especially in germany, you see that
all of this has been done before.

It is nothing new, and goes back even further than that.

Out of 6.7 billion only 500 million are designated to survive.

The government has made mix ups and mistakes before,
and you may end up as just one of the likely many mistakenly
shuffled off this mortal coil.

Side with freedom, Side with Liberty, Side with Humanity.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

All we have to do is realign our spending and points of interest.

Worldwide we spend trillions on Sports, Religion, Fashion,
Entertainment, Jewelry, Alcohol, Recreational Drugs, and more...

Refocusing 10% of each of these would reshape the world into
a paradise not imagined by 99% of mankind.

Will we do it ?? Hell no !

As history indicates we will do much the same as before.

So we get what we pay for.

Until ppl wake up and smell the Idiocracy that is growing, we get
what we pay for.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
That zombietime link is still down, how long has it been down for?

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If it never comes back up again, I luckily had the zombietime article opened in a window before the link went down, and saved all the text on my computer. Just in case the original article is gone for good...

[edit on 7/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

You can also enter the link into google and it often will have a
cached version of the page available.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

That works as well, the picture scans aren't saved in cache, however.

[edit on 7/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
For all those that agree with Holdren that human beings are a "plague", "cancer" and so on; and that the unfettered reproduction of human beings is a danger to the Holy Mother Earth:

JUST DO IT!

IF humans are the plague then YOU are part of that plague! Show us the way and eliminate yourselves in Holy Martyrdom for the good of the planet! Don't just set there like selfish pigs, consuming carbon and proselytizing to the rest of us about the sacred duty of preserving the planet by limiting human life. Set an example. Sterilize yourself - permanently. Take courage and give an example for the rest of us unenlightened to follow.

How easy it is (like Holdren) to set yourselves above and beyond. The ironic thing is, like the popes and mullahs you so desperately despise, you are so willing to commit others to sacrifice themselves in a "Holy War" but you never seem to want to take up the mantle yourselves! (Strap this dynamite to your chest child and you will quickly attain Heaven - ummmm, Me? I'll wait for it later) What superlative hypocrisy! It boggles the mind. How can you state such patently idiotic drivel and expect any one of us with the dimmest awareness to think you are sooooo concerned and enlightened?

Well, stop being a cancer and show us the way! Or.... continue to post about how much you agree with forced sterilization and population control. Continue to show the whole world, in an open forum, how you can claim the halo of ecological virtue and "sustainability" while continuing to leech upon the very Earth which you profess to be so deeply concerned with. Continue to consume and exist upon the precious lifeblood of the planet - like the parasite you are - and thereby expose yourself and show us all what foolish and dangerous curs live amongst us.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's amusing that so many people believe there is an overpopulation problem or that there ever could be one for any extended period of time. It is a false argument to say that just because there are X% more people on the earth now as compared to a century ago that the same will hold true for the next century. We are not amoeba that will grow endlessly so long as there are the basic elements of sustenance and life support. We are subject to disease, war and famine, which all increase in likelihood as the level of population strains available resources or land area.

Population maximums directly correlate to technology level, modified by resources and land area. Add in a sociological element that seems to indicate more comfortable people have fewer children. Even now we are no where near beyond our capacity. All the starvation you hear about is directly related to political conditions. Not even environment is a significant factor for there is tons and tons of food shipped to stressed areas, it just never gets to the mouths of the needy.

It's fascinating to watch the level of self loathing that develops in comfy nations. Is it the guilt that you are living so much better than your 3rd world counterparts? Demonizing success and good fortune are fruitless pursuits. The cold truth of it is that most of the famine areas are places of little strategic or economic value which is why no goverments expend the resources necessary to correct the problem. Just send them a few tons of food and make ourselves feel charitable. Send a celebrity or two over to adopt some dark skinned babies and we all feel a little more superior eh? Speak of shedding the blood, sweat and treasure necessary to truly help these people and then it becomes a matter of 'We don't wish to meddle' or "War is not the answer' Right. So go sponsor a child and cry about overpopulation over a plate of tofu cookies and soy milk...

Use the inate logic all human beings should possess. We are not overpopulated. We are not running out of water. We are not destroying the planet. These are all self loathing fantasies of the bleeding heart, woe are we crowd. Lay off the antidepressants, have a little meat to eat and realize you aren't as inherently evil as you think. I'm sorry your mommy and daddy didn't hug you enough. *offers hug* there, there.... :-)

And for you chicken little types...Odds are extemely unlikely that any given person is in THE generation to end them all. As bad as you expect everything to get it'll probably be an order of magnitude less and you'll forget all about it once the next big 'crisis' comes along. As it is with most creatures, you'll mostly likely never see the end coming. It'll just arrive and sweep you away in a most unspectacular way. Sorry it couldn't be more exciting.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If you all remember Obama had a very racist preacher that hated certain people and if Obama really had no choice and was a great man but had to listen to that preacher, why didn't Obama at least stood up to him and say "I will not be a racist, your a preacher that needs help, I am Obama and I want equality for all" and he never anything like this at all, then ever since the elections and his preacher got on YouTube then all the sudden he cut ties to his preacher, Something has got to be wrong here.

All of the sudden after he becomes president all that racist preacher stuff was all a misunderstanding and Obama is a great man
Well I'm sorry but I don't believe that because of the recent White House visits being filled with Lobbyists and Donors from all levels. This Obama guy is pretty shady, he is not considered pure evil but not pure good either, He is shady and we need to be careful about this guy, he could be it, the final nail in the Constitutional coffin.

We need to watch and investigate this guy really closely, we need as much evidence as we can to see if his intentions are really bad or misunderstood because if hes going to bring us into the New World Order and execute billions of people then he could be the next Adolf Hitler and needs to be stopped at all costs before genocides and a new Holocaust begins
I hate to see Obama ever doing something like that and lets just hope he is about positive change but the facts are proving otherwise. We need to make sure that is a evil Bilderberg member, and if we gather evidence that he could become a murderous maniac then we should get him impeached immediately before he does anything vile and bloody.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is not good, forced abortions are illegal and take away our choices and our moral rights to decide for ourselves what we think is moral. It is undemocratic to force us to commit abortions or forced a rape victim to not be allowed to commit an abortion.

All laws should be based on situations and whether somebody was hurt and on factors if that person wants to press charges.

Now the law is stating you do this, you do that. That is just plain wrong controlling our personal decisions and now they want to sterilize us, this is what Adolf Hitler I think tried to do, more of he killed Jews and the Egyptions killed babies because they feared of a man like Jesus or Mosses freeing the slaves. So We are beginning to do what the Egyptions did in the story of Mosses. The masters or gods are going to start killing babies to keep their power under control and to keep the numbers of people from rising against the Egyptian authorities, or now the present the treasonous authorities following King Obama instead of congress and Senate. The president is suppose to keep order and he is not suppose to act more then what his job is, if he gets too powerful he will murder people just like Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Regime. Power corrupts Absolutely!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Have you met the majority of the people on this planet? I get a good chunk of them in my daily life and I personally have to agree with this guy. The only way to save this species is through mass sterilizations and forced abortions.

I think there needs to be an IQ test for breeding in this species. I really do. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed. It's messing up the gene pool. If we still lived in nature stupid people would die.

But we don't, Humans have civilized themselves and so we let absolute morons not only live, but breed too.

Hell we even elect them to public office!

[edit on 7/16/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Have you met the majority of the people on this planet? ...
Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed. It's messing up the gene pool. If we still lived in nature stupid people would die.

But we don't Humans civilized itself and so we let absolute morons not only live, but breed too.

Hell we even elect them to public office!

Man, that is a hard argument to fight...

Ummm, I'll have to get back on this one - ummm the phone is ringing. (Yeah, that sounds good.) It's a verrry important call.

[edit on 16-7-2009 by passenger]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
For you sterilization fanboys out there lets take a look at some scenarios. Let's say you get your way and 'morons' are sterilized. Good for you. You win.

Let's look at another posibility. I would bet most of you 'deep and free thinkers' consider yourselves to be among the intellectual elite, floating in a sea of idiots. I'm sure you would love to sterilize them all in the name of progress! Having set the precedent of sterilization (and even possible extermination) you've now opened everyone's 'mental fitness' up to subjectivity. How long before you yourself may be sterilized for 'unfit thinking'? Just because you consider yourself brilliant doesn't mean everyone else will. In another twist, perhaps some other brilliant person deems you slightly less so and thus subject to the procedure. Or maybe they just don't like you. Or maybe they want your stuff. Or maybe they want your stuff AND your girlfriend!

Joking (slightly) aside, you guys really do show your ignorance when it comes to genetics. There is no guarantee a stupid person will have a stupid baby or that a smart person will have a smart one. Furthermore, there are many other factors to consider when gauging the fitness of the gene pool. Some fairly dim people are really great folks and some really smart people are complete jackasses.

To attack from another angle, some 'stupid' people have too many children, what happens if one of these children is a genius that might do great good in the world?

Do alot of stupid people breed? Yes. Is it always bad? No. Thank god for mutations...Wouldn't it be ironic if you really smart sterilizers gave birth to a bunch of smart children that were too busy with themselves so stuck you in a home once you became a little slow, letting you rot in increasing stupidity. Man, where is that dim little child that might visit and show some love and compassion to an old man.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The whole reason this has even been mooted by government in the US is because we as a species have forgotten the cardinal rule of leadership. Keep pace with the slowest and weakest, and leave NO one in your dust. Its the only fair way.
If you stuff the majority of your nations population (ie the powerless) you are only going to be left with the inbred goons with the big bank accounts. Thats not an acceptable way to influence the genome, nor to influence the "food crisis" or "land shortages" .
The food shortage (which is a lie) will not be helped by removing labour from the work force, and neither will it improve the apparant shortage of space . What will improve the space shortages , is making it possible to build on flood plains , and on river basins, by building ALL homes in the floodable areas, on pontoons, so that they rise and fall with the water level. What will help, is boosting employment in this and other eco adapted building fields, allowing a wider cross section of communities to get involved with the project, bringing in as it does a wider skill base than just simple house building might.
All this eugenics tosh , is a waste of time, been proven to be fundamentaly flawed , and is merely an addmitance on the part of the science tzar , that he is not right for the job because he doesnt think clearly enough to provide a moraly acceptable solution to the percieved problems in the US . It is quite frankly , pathetic, defeatist, and immoral.
I was under the impression that this would put him at odds with both the constitution of the USA and also the moral basis on which that nation was founded. Its basicaly treason for him to even suggest these things surely ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It makes absolutely no sense to continue to overpopulate regions of the world, and then find it necessary to have wars to blow up the excess humans we have no ability to feed, educate, and sustain.

If each family would MAKE THE CHOICE to have no more than two children, and use birth control to prevent more from being conceived, there would be abundant resources for everyone, and we would be lots healthier.

If each couple would be tested to see if there is the possibility that either or both of them could be carrying a gene known to be responsible for birth defects, and then opt to ADOPT a child instead, or (in the worst case scenario) abort a child in the womb who is scientifically proven to be defective, and then adopt a child who otherwise will grow up in a system that fails to nurture properly, fewer State and Federal monies would need to be extended for long-term care that the family cannot afford, and there would be fewer children who grow up to become inmates.

We can't be expected to tell all the other countries of the world what to do, but if we act responsibly and stop pretending it's GOD'S WILL for every child ever conceived to be born, and begin to set a proper example for other countries to emulate, once they see how much our economy, health care, prosperity, and maturity grows from acting WITH conscience instead of having conscience dictated to us by our religious beliefs, we will have a positive impact--upon our own country and our personal lives, and upon the lives of others who live elsewhere and wish to prosper as we can do IF we are willing to make the sacrifices required.

IF there really is a GOD... he certainly didn't intend for women to spend their entire lives being baby factories, and he didn't expect our societies to make up for our inability to care for them all, when we have more than we can afford, or ones with severe medical problems who can never enjoy life, nor contribute to it. Pastors are always saying, "God helps those who help themselves." And so if we are going to believe in God, then we should give him the credit for helping us to understand HOW BEST to help ourselves--which, right now, is by deliberately slowing down the birthrate, adopting the children who need love and nurturing to become good adults, and by being good stewards of the Earth and to each other.

Remember: It wasn't GOD who allowed the OctoMom to have 8 more than the 6 she already couldn't care for... it was just a selfish woman with no conscience and no common sense, and the doctors & nurses who aided and abetted her. And you and I are footing the bills for most of their lives.

If WE don't begin to realize where the destruction of all civilizations that came before us began, we will just breed on, willy-nilly, until we, too, are expunged from the Earth by our own stupidity... and lack of foresight.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
What the point of this ridiculous post ? Are you insinuating I dont understand politics ? I tell you what I'll put my double Masters in International Relations and Contemporary Political Theory up against your insipid quotation of Wikipedia -

Thanks moron.

your education failed you the moment you labeled a single thing as both fascist and marxist, sorry.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenius
Joking (slightly) aside, you guys really do show your ignorance when it comes to genetics. There is no guarantee a stupid person will have a stupid baby or that a smart person will have a smart one. Furthermore, there are many other factors to consider when gauging the fitness of the gene pool. Some fairly dim people are really great folks and some really smart people are complete jackasses.

huh?
no, there is no guarantee, but just like if two tall people have a baby, odds are tremendously in favor of the child being tall as well. and personality has nothing to do with fitness in the gene pool - it has a whole lot more to do with how you are raised and life experiences than it does with genetics.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join