It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "continent of his birth" quote

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Honestly WT, I am beginning to think you have an agenda.

The only agenda I have is to point out how bad Obama is for America and that his policies are dangerous, very dangerous.

You seem to be planting an awful lot of mis-information and false-truths.

I'm sure you think anything that does not conform to your world view is some sort of dis/mis-information or false-truths. How is this story mis-information? I did not change anything.

I'm not stalking you I am simply a Hunter of Hypocrisy.

Then watch out because you might kill yourself.

Unfounded hearsay. Proven wrong.

Yeah, and I said that from the beginning in the OP. I was not trying to portray that as anything else. So this has no bearing on your point. Your point is moot.

Obama is Prez now. Take your lumps and man up.

However, IMO he is not legally President.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Double Trouble

[edit on 7/13/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nixie, I'm interested in seeing a real birth certificate with certified information on it. I think there's enough evidence to support an possibility of a conspiracy to conceal ......... something.

I would be forevermore happy to see a vetted photo of President Obama's long form.

Just as an aside, I don't think it's very debate-inducing to refer to other members as "trolls"; Can lead a focus on the personalities, rather than the issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Check further ...

People who tried to travel to Pakistan in 1981 are reporting that:

Pakistani authorities at the airport gave those “30 day visa’s” out at their discretion. At that time they only gave them to press, diplomats and their “guests”, and direct relatives only. They were very leery of any American so very few got visa’s.

Sounds quite unlikely that obama would have qualified for a visa ...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

How is this story mis-information? I did not change anything.

Uh....the thread title: Obama "continent of his birth" quote

WAS NOT the title of the article. It infers that the quote was his own.

Fails the Truthiness test and is misleading, hence mis-information in my book.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Same site, same day, different article

www.modernghana.com...

Mr & Mrs Obama US President, Barack Obama was born in August, 4 1961 in Hawaii to Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr.

Quoted for Emphasis. Same source as OP.

What Theory, Cherry-pick much?

Nice find PauliGirl.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

WAS NOT the title of the article.

Ah, I see. You have a problem with the title I chose. Oh well, at least you don't have a problem with the contents of the actual article or its' title which is the most important thing.
There might be hope for you yet. However, my title makes perfect sense once you read the story so you believing my title is misinformation is only your preconceived thoughts.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

This is eye opening to say the least.
A article refers to Obama's visit to the Continent of Africa as his continent of birth.

Here is the link and quote:
ModernGhana

For Ghana, Obama's visit will be a celebration of another milestone in African history as it hosts the first-ever African-American President on this presidential visit to the continent of his birth.

Bold is my emphasis.

IMO, this is just further evidence that Obama is NOT a legal U.S. citizen.

The most compelling story is the one about Obama admitting to being a foreign exchange student from Indonesia in order to get into college. Either he lied to the college or he is lying to us.

[edit on 7/13/2009 by WhatTheory]

Whether this is true or not, he would still be a legal citizen. You don't have to be born here to be a legal citizen.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Legal United States citizen? Yes.

Natural born United States citizen? Show me the documentation, or he's not the POTUS.

Period.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Funny. I clicked this thread because of the title which insinuates that Obama is quoted as saying Africa is the continent of his birth. I read the article and find it was written by... oh wait, the author isn't even listed. I can be sure, however, that Obama didn't write it.

Additionally, anyone who reads the actual article will see how spotty the English is, which indicates that it isn't the writers native language. Seeing as how English is the 'official' language of Ghana but not predominant, it makes sense that the writer of the article might have lost a little meaning in translation.

I take "continent of his birth" not to mean that he was born in Africa. I mean, the writer also called him Mr. Obama. Should we assume then that the writer also has secret knowledge not only of Obama's birth place, but of his true status as our President? I mean, he called him Mr. Obama, not President Obama. What could it all mean?

It means some words lost meaning in translation, and it also means you're really starting to reach. Try again please, thank you.

link   

WAS NOT the title of the article.

Ah, I see. You have a problem with the title I chose.

Sorry, I forgot, the rules don't apply to you:

RULES FOR POSTING BREAKING NEWS:

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll pre-heat the oven...........

link   

Originally posted by really
Whether this is true or not, he would still be a legal citizen. You don't have to be born here to be a legal citizen.

Please at least try to read the majority of posts before making your reply which has already been answered numerous times.
Good grief!

Of course we are talking about a natural born citizen which is required to be President. ** SIGH **

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I did not say anything about him being or not being a natural born citizen. I said "legal citizen". I only said that because the OP said he was not a "legal citizen". Regardless of who is president, I believe the constitution should be enforced. If he turns out not to be a natural citizen born on american soil I wouldn't want him as president. To me, he's almost exactly the same as Bush. I don't like either of them. I was just pointing that he's still a legal citizen.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You wrote legal citizen in your beginning statement, no?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
Funny. I clicked this thread because of the title which insinuates that Obama is quoted as saying Africa is the continent of his birth.

Funny but no, that is YOUR preconceived notion.

it also means you're really starting to reach. Try again please, thank you.

Umm....no again. I did not say this was some profound smoking gun evidence. This is only one small piece of a much larger puzzle which has much larger pieces already known.
Please try and focus. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Again, try reading more than one post before replying and you would have had your answer. I clarified this later because by the time I realized that I worded it incorrectly, it was to late to edit the post.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Nice catch really.

FROM OP: "...this is just further evidence that Obama is NOT a legal U.S. citizen."

Caution: don't confuse the OP with facts.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Well, then, that's my mistake. But when you start out with such a glaring error perhaps you shouldn't be so dramatic when someone points it out. ****SIGH***

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Oh this is rich... thank you OP for giving me a good laugh, I needed it today!
Some African guy writes some stuff in an article, & wah-La! Proof Obama isn't really our Pres!

This is slowly but surely turning out to be a nuttier craze than the moon-hoaxers

But it's so entertaining I can't stop following along! It's actually fascinating how far intense denial will take the human mind.. glad I never thought of this angle when dealing with accepting the 'tard Bush as POTUS, it would have been a scary, dark, obsessive spiral... kind of like the current threads on ATS.

Oh but it is entertaining!

Hang in there guys, you never know.. maybe the Obama presidency will be overturned one day!! One the same day pigs learn how to fly, that is

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well, then, that's my mistake. But when you start out with such a glaring error perhaps you shouldn't be so dramatic when someone points it out.

It's only dramatic after someone points it out for the 5th or 6th time after it was clarified in a post later.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join