It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - "continent of his birth" quote

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
You do realize that anyone can get this document Obama says is proof from Hawaii without actually being born there right?

The law that you are refering to..which you obviously haven't researched...allowing people to petition for a Hawaii birth certificate even if they were not born there..

It was passed in 1982 and specifically prohibits folks born prior to 1982 from receiving a certificate...Long after President Obama was born.

Is this where i should include a bunch of obnoxious laughing emoticons?

[edit on 13-7-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

How in the world does this have 3 replies but 8 flags? Do people now just automatically flag any thread that supports the whole fake birth certificate thing??

I reckon so, Raven!

It's absolutely pathetic!
Watching these people scrambling for the slightest opportunity to discredit the man is bizarre!

They have a good President there! Someone who has raised their image around the World exponentially and is working hard to right the many wrongs left behind by the last government, yet they desperately want him gone!

Why do you think that might be? What reason could they have for obsessing about discrediting him and getting him out? Especially when these same people were too lazy to do anything about the travesty of a government they had previously?

Any thoughts, Raven, on what might be troubling them so?
I have one theory...

Sad innit, mate?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
From my earlier post
...case in point above.

Originally posted by maybereal11

They have instead repeatedly twisted and distorted facts as well as outright lied to continue making the case.

There are many posters here who are familiar to me who repeat things that have been clearly and decisively shown to be false on other threads they were active in.

Some of them I have caught editing qoutes they lift from sources to suit their position.

All evidence to the contrary that folks post here is easily debunked...and has been debunked...and when it is debunked..those posters turn to personal attacks or silently slink away to post on some other thread until their BS is challenged again.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7
So, you believe a conspiracy began in the 1960s with two birth announcements in Hawaii's largest newspapers stating his birth with his parents' names and his address.

Please provide a link for your claims.

So, you are the one who "makes sense" and "sounds smart?"

Thanks for noticing.
I'm happy you finally came around.

baby who would grow up in poverty.

Really? In poverty?
Then how did he afford Harvard?
Even Obama during his campaign said that he was poor. Oh, but he will not release any documents including his college documents which would show who paid for his college.
Your logic is so faulty, it's funny.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
you people just won't give up will you. None of this matters. If you are born to an American citizen then you are an American citizen.

Please try and stay focused. The issue is not whether he is a citizen or not. The issue is whether Obama is a natural born citizen which is required to be President.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Sushkov
Obama is a US citizen, stop it please

Yeah, but not a natural born citizen which is required to be President.
Good grief! There is a difference. Have you read any of the posts or do you have comprehension problems.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yet another obama bashing thread
zzzzZZZZ

my question is are you white (u have plenty of obama bashing threads its a legit question).. will answer alot of my questions about ure threads ..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaintedJustice
Yet another obama bashing thread

How is this a Obama bashing thread? I have not said anything bad about Obama. It's just a simple question about his citizenship which he himself could easily put to rest but does not.

my question is are you white (u have plenty of obama bashing threads its a legit question).. will answer alot of my questions about ure threads ..

What does that have to do with the price of cheese? It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with his ideology. I am white but there are blacks who I would love to see as President but Obama the extreme liberal is NOT one of them.

Are you black because that would explain your irrational love for the Messiah named Obama.
It cuts both ways.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Well these presidents were president before the USA became a country

George Washington
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
John Quincy Adams
Andrew Jackson
William Henry Harrison

What about them

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well these presidents were president before the USA became a country

George Washington
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
James Monroe
John Quincy Adams
Andrew Jackson
William Henry Harrison

What about them

What on Earth are you talking about?

Why do you think Washington is on the ONE dollar bill? Because he was the first President of the United States.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The eligibility requirements can be found in Article two, Section one, Paragraph five of the constitution, which reads as follows:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

OR a Citizen... and I'm pretty sure he's been a resident for atleast 14 years..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cooler
i dont understand why doesnt obamarama just show us the long birth doco ?
it just looks like he is hiding some thing.
& untill the long birth doco is made public then i have to remain skeptical as to obamarama`s history.
obamarama groupys = 0
obamarama skeptics = 10

Maybe he is, and maybe it isn't his place of birth.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Umm, no sir. They were born in british colonies, before the united states of america was formed.

Edit: The United States of America was formed in 1776, the presidents listed were born well before that.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by -NewSense-]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Its a big problem on ATS now, people just hang around in groups starring and flagging each other no matter what the content is, and basically making a mockery of the system.

Yep! Star for you!!

There is far too much, as we say in UK, arse-licking going on, too.
Too much fawning sycophanticism. Too many people littering their posts with other posters names and declaring how simply ammmMMMmmmmmzing they are. Too much "your post is fantastic, as ever, ohh I wish I was as brilliant as you!!" as a reply to a ridiculous deduction that a rock on Mars is actually a "Grey" delicatessen.

I dunno, I don't like what we have turned into here but I saw it coming, years ago! With all the mod censorship that began a few years back. The nannying and the way we were all herded into a state of complacense, where we couldn't possibly show any passion in a subject, we couldn't argue back and get animated.

You would get really frustrated with a poster and try to firmly explain your point of view and where they are completely mistaken in theirs, only to find five minutes later your post has been deleted and in it's place some 1984-esque warning!

You know what it reminds me of? Do you remember the Simpsons episode where all the school kids were made to wear the horrible grey uniforms? They all became extremely polite, quiet, didn't cause any trouble, studied well and were always very nice to one another but they were completely bereft of any life and passion! Suddenly a downpour washed out the uniforms and released a technicoloured dreamcoat and the kids became themselves again! Do you remember that episode?

Anyway. I think here as much, if not more than any forum, needs the passion and the anger. Of course that doesn't mean we need become obnoxious and cruel to other posters but we do deserve some space to air our grievences, without constant censorship.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They were great men and the founders of our country. All Of them were born on american soil and led this country to freedom.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

OR a Citizen... and I'm pretty sure he's been a resident for atleast 14 years..

It's not a either/Or situation.
The person must meet all the requirements and not just one of them.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

I'm pretty sure I see an "or" in there..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

They were born in british colonies, before the united states of america was formed.

I had no idea what point you were trying to make but sweet Jesus, that is a lame argument.

Oh good grief! You cannot be serious even trying to make such a retarded correlation between them and Obama.

That must be the weakest and the most lame point I have ever heard.

I sure hope you were trying to be facetious.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Wow, calm down there guy.. You obviousy missed the point. But no matter, its not of importance. I gave you a direct quote from the constitution that proves his eligibility. So keep pickin holes in the arguments that don't really matter. I see you've made it a long way with that type of attitude.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I see an "or" in there..

Do you have reading comprehension problems or are you purposefully being disingenuous?

The first sentence is "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Bold emphasis is mine.

Apparently you don't understand what a comma is because unless Obama was born at the time of the Adoption of the Constitution, he MUST be a natural born citizen.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join